IGNORED

The Everton Challenge

Given it's now the off-season, I thought it might be interesting to see who knows the most about Everton. (I suspect that John is going to win this by a mile, but still. :D ) To come up with questions, we can search the Internet; to answer, though, we'll have to agree an honour code: no cheating by searching online. :Grammar Police: Let me get things started.

The four players with the most FA Cup appearances for Everton are all Celts. Can you name them and their respective countries?

Given it's now the off-season, I thought it might be interesting to see who knows the most about Everton. (I suspect that John is going to win this by a mile, but still. :D ) To come up with questions, we can search the Internet; to answer, though, we'll have to agree an honour code: no cheating by searching online. :Grammar Police: Let me get things started.

The four players with the most FA Cup appearances for Everton are all Celts. Can you name them and their respective countries?

Peter Farrell - Ireland, must be in there.

Peter Farrell - Ireland, must be in there.

Looked the last answer up because I gave in; won't be an Evertonian alive who saw him play, not even you John. Be amazed if anyone got it.

Clue: had the same name as one of England's most famous refs who officiated at a World Cup final.

James Vaughan.

Correct. He scored against Crystal Palace in April 2005 at the age of 16 yrs and 271 days. Given how many experienced foreign players are available today, I can't see many more 16-year-olds playing and scoring in the Premier League. I must confess that I'd not heard his name at all in recent years: He plays for Bury.

Edited by Cornish Steve