IGNORED

Porto

MikeO

Just now, Finn balor said:

Hopefully only two of this starting eleven will make the first eleven 

Baines, Jags, Coleman, Tosun. Mirallas and Sandro might. Keane might. There's seven. Schneiderlin better not as he was absolutely woeful. Davies not great again.

Overall, though, not a terrible game. We looked lively in the first half. Sandro and Tosun linked up well. Mirallas played very well and Dowell had a good first half. Bad lapse by Keane for the goal, but we weren't really that shit.

The thing that has stood out in both games this weekend is how we look so sharp and purposeful in the first half, then completely knackered and clumsy in the 2nd.

I wonder if we've put more emphasis on tacticul stuff in training so far and the fitness side needs to catch up a bit.

It's a small worry how different we've looked 1st half vs 2nd half in both games.

Was a good match against good opposition. We created a lot of chances in the first half. We struggles in the second half, and I think that’s because we miss Gana and his energy. Midfield was tepid and slow. 

Overall, there were more positives than negatives.

6 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

Baines, Jags, Coleman, Tosun. Mirallas and Sandro might. Keane might. There's seven. Schneiderlin better not as he was absolutely woeful. Davies not great again.

Overall, though, not a terrible game. We looked lively in the first half. Sandro and Tosun linked up well. Mirallas played very well and Dowell had a good first half. Bad lapse by Keane for the goal, but we weren't really that shit.

Coleman and Tosun only if we are going to  do anything this year

I was really positive after the first half but that was a really poor second half.

The positives were undoubtedly Sandro and Dowell. Both surely must have a place in the first team squad this season. Cenk did well on the whole but also needs to be a bit more clinical as he should have scored today. 

There were a few disappointments for me though, Stek is obviously useless, Jags looked older as the half wore on and Keane is still not good enough, even before the goal he was out of position which gives us massive problems at the back and he isnt at all agile. 

In midfield I wasnt impressed with Schneiderlin, going to ground too easily, and generally just not adding anything. Besic came on, took the ball in the left channel (facing our goal), turned and played a ball into midfield under pressure. Schneiderlin under no pressure, hooks it 40 yards back to Stek. Does he want to really win the game? 

Davies to me was doing a Klaassen impression. He did some nice stuff at times but he needs to do more. He did try in fairness but he largely fucked it up.

Mirallas was great first half but fell off a cliff second. Vlasic shouldnt play out wide. 

I liked the way we played on the whole, or at least tried to. You could see from Silva's face that he was thinking "WTF are you doing". 

Its still early in pre-season so whilst I'm not entirely convinced by some of these and I am concerned that we might have big issues at the back and in centre midfield, they have much more time to get Silva's ideas into their heads.

10 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

The thing that has stood out in both games this weekend is how we look so sharp and purposeful in the first half, then completely knackered and clumsy in the 2nd.

I wonder if we've put more emphasis on tacticul stuff in training so far and the fitness side needs to catch up a bit.

It's a small worry how different we've looked 1st half vs 2nd half in both games.

I expect that they will be doing sessions during the day and then the games in the evening so I wouldnt worry to much about it.

33 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Is Gana seeing any time?  Scared to death personally that Morgan seems to be the de facto DM.  We all know how much I love Gana (....MJB takes a second to do the sign of the cross at the mere mention of his name....praises be).  

He played on the World Cup, so along with the others is probably being given more rest time.