IGNORED

Rotherham (Home League Cup) Wednesday August 29th

markjazzbassist

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Ha, I knew I should have put an emoji. 

Just assuming you might drop a couple of points prioritising it. Full team today and you risk not having a full squad to pick from Saturday or them be leggy compared to a fresher opposition (assuming they don't go all out for the cup).

You are assuming only negative points and not considering positives. Winning can breed increased confidence, team cohesion, morale (especially to fringe players and younger lads), form, fitness, experience playing along side different players etc etc.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Absolutely; why in the World does Pickford need a break? It's not like he runs miles every game:doh:.

I agree however I am at least glad to see him out of the squad. Players with this level of fitness, at a younger age only need a break between the ears and not to rest their tired legs. If they are on the bench, they still go through the psychological fatigue in case they need to come on.

Missed the first 10 (as my ticket didn't register) but so far we look comfortable. Some nice play and ideas from Dowell and Siggy, Davies controlling the midfield really well bar one brain fart were he let their player waltz past him from the side of the 18 yard box (although I assume he thought Digne or whoever it was gonna win the ball). Sandro and Niasse are each of the same equal amounts of good and bad, get in a good position, takes a bad touch. Takes a good touch, runs into a player. Not much to say on Digne, getting forward well but not really been involved much. 

Zouma looks a bit rusty. He's a unit but much like Keane a bit of a donkey on the ball, can almost see a comic book speach bubble pop out his head when he's on the ball, a lot of concentration looking at the ball (professionals tend not to have to look down so much) and almost awkward execution when kicking the ball. Hopefully it's just rust and a little confidence will sort him out and get him kicking the ball more naturally. 

4 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Missed the first 10 (as my ticket didn't register) but so far we look comfortable. Some nice play and ideas from Dowell and Siggy, Davies controlling the midfield really well bar one brain fart were he let their player waltz past him from the side of the 18 yard box (although I assume he thought Digne or whoever it was gonna win the ball). Sandro and Niasse are each of the same equal amounts of good and bad, get in a good position, takes a bad touch. Takes a good touch, runs into a player. Not much to say on Digne, getting forward well but not really been involved much. 

Zouma looks a bit rusty. He's a unit but much like Keane a bit of a donkey on the ball, can almost see a comic book speach bubble pop out his head when he's on the ball, a lot of concentration looking at the ball (professionals tend not to have to look down so much) and almost awkward execution when kicking the ball. Hopefully it's just rust and a little confidence will sort him out and get him kicking the ball more naturally. 

ha a man of contradictions, radio feed has sandro and digne best players out there.  we all see it different truly.

3 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Twice Sandro has lost the ball far too carelessly in the last 5 minutes. Prem teams would punish his sloppiness. 

For balance he's just put a good first time pass to put DCLotTosun through but it was stopped for offside. And they go the other end get a corner and score. 

And then we go the other end and DCL scored a curler from the side of the 18 yard box. Lovely goal.