IGNORED

Things to do in Washington DC

StevO

I landed in DC yesterday, only staying for a few days before moving on. 

Im hoping we’ve got a local or two on the forum who might be able to recommend a few places to go. Obviously I know the White House before anyone states the obvious, and all of the buildings and monuments around it. 

Went to a place in Georgetown last night called the Good Stuff Eatery, oh my god the food was amazing! One of the best burgers I’ve ever had, and I’ve had way too many. 

Open to suggestions fellas. 

6 hours ago, StevO said:

I landed in DC yesterday, only staying for a few days before moving on. 

Im hoping we’ve got a local or two on the forum who might be able to recommend a few places to go. Obviously I know the White House before anyone states the obvious, and all of the buildings and monuments around it. 

Went to a place in Georgetown last night called the Good Stuff Eatery, oh my god the food was amazing! One of the best burgers I’ve ever had, and I’ve had way too many. 

Open to suggestions fellas. 

The aerospace museum is a must. The Lincoln memorial is a must. I would also recommend the National Archives. Other than that, stand in front of the White House and blow a few raspberries. 

Did the Lincoln memorial yesterday and Arlington cemetery (mind blowing place, almost half a million graves for servicemen and women) and the White House. 

One thing really stood out to me and Mrs Stevo, they don’t really get the idea of “Secret Service” here. Now these are fellas at the top of their game, with a big job on their hands. But they are supposed to be “secret”. They have a bloody big square on their chest with Secret Service on it. Then the card they use, I expected big black SUVs, nope, white ones with Secret Service on the side. Someone needs to tell them what Secret means. 

On 08/10/2018 at 15:09, Cornish Steve said:

The aerospace museum is a must. The Lincoln memorial is a must. I would also recommend the National Archives. Other than that, stand in front of the White House and blow a few raspberries. 

We went to the aerospace museum yesterday, mostly because we were walking near by and it was so hot and they have air con. Really enjoyed it though, as a nervous flyer I found it really interesting. Thanks Steve.

I wasnted to go in the natural history museum and see some big dinosaur bones but we spent too long in the other museum so missed closing time. 

We leave DC today, but it’s a really interesting city. It’s so strange to see so many modern buildings in between old buildings. The Mexican Embassy appears to be build not only next to an old building, but sort of over the top of it. Really freaked me out. It’s like something from Inception. 

Off to Florida now, just got to avoid Hurricane Michael. 

• 2 weeks later...