IGNORED

2018-19 FA Cup

MikeO

6 minutes ago, sibdane said:

Stick to KMs, you redcoat. 

😎

We still use miles here, always have; same as we use imperial for body weight but metric for food weight. Metric for milk, juice etc in the supermarket and imperial for a pint at the pub; we're a confusing lot:). But it works.

I expect after Brexit we'll go back to "old" money (twelve pennies to a shilling, twenty shillings in £1 so that's 240d (not p), florin is two shillings, half a crown two shillings and sixpence, guinea  = £1 and one shilling; clear?). It all made sense when I was a kid:lol:.

7 minutes ago, Millwall FC said:

I think the youth of today would have a heart attack if they went to football in the 70's / 80's. No CCTV,  trouble in grounds you'd least expect, every team had it's madmen, if you acted up the worst you would get is a kicking from the OB then slung out. Yet we'd think nothing of travelling up & down the country week in, week out knowing it was definitely going to go off before, during & after.

Strangely, I miss it. In the sanitised world football of today,  anything happens and bods film it to stick it on youtube instead of wading in to sort it out. 

Yeah they probably would but they’d soon learn love it and really I find it quite mild what we got up to in them days to what’s going on in our Towns and Cities now. 

I don’t think my parents ever thought or worried when I went to football I might get seriously hurt or killed, now I’m not saying it never happened but it was pretty rare normally you got a few cuts and bruises, but now especially around London and some of the bigger Cities kids are getting knifed to death for fuck all how fucking scary is that for parents and grandparents, give me a skirmish and footy match everyday of the week. 

11 minutes ago, MikeO said:

We still use miles here, always have; same as we use imperial for body weight but metric for food weight. Metric for milk, juice etc in the supermarket and imperial for a pint at the pub; we're a confusing lot:). But it works.

I expect after Brexit we'll go back to "old" money (twelve pennies to a shilling, twenty shillings in £1 so that's 240d (not p), florin is two shillings, half a crown two shillings and sixpence, guinea  = £1 and one shilling; clear?). It all made sense when I was a kid:lol:.

I'm even more confused than before. 

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Too add a bit more salt Chelsea v United draw would've made us third favourites for the comp. Behind City and the winner of that tie. 

Then again there is the fact that last time we played at Wimbledon in the 5th round we got turned over (1987, I was there). First FA Cup game we'd lost outside of Wembley since 1983 at Old Trafford. Decent side also.

Was an early live TV game I think from memory https://www.11v11.com/matches/wimbledon-v-everton-22-february-1987-215779/

Capture.JPG

27 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Then again there is the fact that last time we played at Wimbledon in the 5th round we got turned over (1987, I was there). First FA Cup game we'd lost outside of Wembley since 1983 at Old Trafford. Decent side also.

Was an early live TV game I think from memory https://www.11v11.com/matches/wimbledon-v-everton-22-february-1987-215779/

Capture.JPG

How we could do with a Dave Watson (c) in the side right now.

Do you ever get to see us win Mike? If memory serves me right you've had a few duff results the last couple. 

32 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Do you ever get to see us win Mike? If memory serves me right you've had a few duff results the last couple.

Generally been lucky Pete in fact, since I restarted going to games with Josh we've only seen one loss (v City with a silver lining) and one draw which was Newcastle recently; not always seen the greatest performances but we've won most.

17 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Reid was our ball winner he could also turn the style on as well and was a leader never a quiet moment on the pitch with him around.

Exactly what we need 😔 

Just now, MikeO said:

Generally been lucky Pete in fact, since I restarted going to games with Josh we've only seen one loss (v City with a silver lining) and one draw which was Newcastle recently; not always seen the greatest performances but we've won most.

Ah my memory is a little off. Good stuff, might have a spare for the Derby if that's the case!