IGNORED

Cardiff (Away) Tuesday February 26th

markjazzbassist

6 hours ago, Bailey said:

Found it! In fairness that wasnt on the extended highlights package I saw. It was a decent pass but its a speculative shot rather than a bloody chance! Even when I was watching those highlights back I didnt notice it. Was expecting a lot more. I dont deny that is why Gana gets an extra bump on these threads, it used to be the same in the Lukaku thread but Schneiderlin gets more stick than anyone else. People were on at him from the start of this game and he was actually playing well and Matt wa the only one who mentioned the pass for the goal. A far better pass and more important pass than anything Gana did all game and yet he set up Bernard for the assist and he played Walcott in for a chance on the edge of the fucking D! :) There are more posts about Gana's involvement in the 2nd goal than Schneiderlin's in the 1st. Bear in mind he contributed as about the same amount of quality as a Sunday League player could have for that 2nd goal.

I get that people will be sceptical about Schneiderlin, I am in exactly the same boat and I wouldnt exactly back him to do it again, but this is a match day thread about the match itself. If this was this was the general Schneiderlin thread I would completely agree with your point.

You see Gana "consistently" moving the ball around but what I saw was Gana standing still while Schneiderlin was constantly moving into spaces to pick the ball off the CBs, playing it first time into the feet of another player. Gana was playing the ball much slower, his passing was putting team mates into trouble much more regularly, either poor balls to players under pressure or not rolling into feet when they should be. He was consistently making decisions that assisted the general averageness of that first half, whereas Schneiderlin was doing all the things to try and do the opposite.

Schneiderlin had more interceptions and recoveries, he gave the ball away less too. They made almost identical numbers of passes. Gana also only had two dribbles. The last goal was great but when your looking at what you want to take away from this game it wont be one of them because it was like the pretty decoration on the outside of the cake which means nothing unless the cake itself tastes good. If we want to improve, we need to improve upon what was happening in the first 60 ish minutes. That means several players doing the basics a lot better. If that ends up being Gana megging player and being more of a number 10 then great, but I don't think it will somehow!

What same response? I gave him Motm after the last match, I said he was great in the last 10-15 minutes of this match. I have also said he should be starting in midfield.  I have barely commented on Gana until other people have tried to put him on a pedestal . I haven't said he was crap, I just think Schneiderlin was the one doing adding quality to the midfield, which is unlike him, and everyone is glossing over it and is ready to put the knife in because of his past performances.

And for all your seeing and statistical evidence (wondering where those came from to be honest), whoscored gave Gana a match rating nearly a point higher than Schneiderlin with 11 more touches, 3-1 in key passes, the assist, etc. Gana’s two dribbles led the team, by the way, and Schneiderlin had 0 if you’re looking to cherry pick stats. The fact remains, Gana played well, got praised, and you’re taking issue with it, because contrary to what everyone else but pete0 and Palfy saw and contrary to what the stats say, you think Schneiderlin played better.

The last paragraph was in explicit response to Palfy, hence the part where I quoted him directly above, so not sure what you’re on about there.

19 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

And for all your seeing and statistical evidence (wondering where those came from to be honest), whoscored gave Gana a match rating nearly a point higher than Schneiderlin with 11 more touches, 3-1 in key passes, the assist, etc. Gana’s two dribbles led the team, by the way, and Schneiderlin had 0 if you’re looking to cherry pick stats. The fact remains, Gana played well, got praised, and you’re taking issue with it, because contrary to what everyone else but pete0 and Palfy saw and contrary to what the stats say, you think Schneiderlin played better.

The last paragraph was in explicit response to Palfy, hence the part where I quoted him directly above, so not sure what you’re on about there.

Wrong thread. Facts don’t mean anything here. Your aloud to pull stats out of thin air and call them facts. 

Actual facts are frowned upon.

On 02/03/2019 at 18:01, nyblue23 said:

1. Everton website.

2. Wow relying on match ratings is a new one on me.

3. I only mentioned dribbles as your post suggested he was doing it regularly. Not cherry picking.

4. No Schneiderlin got bashed because he is Schneiderlin despite his performance. People ignored his significant contribution but praised Gana for doing some really basic stuff.

5. Fair play on the last bit, when I quoted the post I forgot you had quoted Palfy and thought it was still aimed at me.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

1. Everton website.

2. Wow relying on match ratings is a new one on me.

3. I only mentioned dribbles as your post suggested he was doing it regularly. Not cherry picking.

4. No Schneiderlin got bashed because he is Schneiderlin despite his performance. People ignored his significant contribution but praised Gana for doing some really basic stuff.

5. Fair play on the last bit, when I quoted the post I forgot you had quoted Palfy and thought it was still aimed at me.

Don’t bring me into it I got enough shit going on as it is🙌