IGNORED

Cardiff (Away) Tuesday February 26th

markjazzbassist

I thought that was a good performance generally, albeit with little quality for large parts but as soon as we did pass the ball properly we cut through them easily. In that regard Schneiderlin was great. He was constantly available for the ball from the centre backs, and kept the ball moving at different angles so Cardiff's defenders couldn't settle. I am massively surprised but credit where credit was due, and to Silva for picking him.

Siggy played well too, as I mentioned in the first half, he was the main offensive player actually playing quality passes and not just running into opposition players or turning the ball over with every touch. Two very good finishes too.

It was great to see Jagielka back, that was night and day in terms of organisation and communication. I thought Keane was poor and got away with a lot but Jags was always there with the other two in the back 3 covered for him.

The worst players on the pitch were the starting two wingers. Even when they did pass the ball to a team mate they were generally putting them straight under pressure.

Other mentions, Bernard came on and immediately showed his quality. 2nd goal aside, he was keeping hold of the ball, playing simple balls to team mates and controlling the game and making sure Cardiff couldnt get involved. DCL worked his nuts off and deserved his goal for that alone. Even in the second half his quality was better too. Finally, whilst I was distinctly unimpressed by his general game that was a great last 10-15 minutes from Gana and his play for the last goal was fantastic.

2 minutes ago, pete0 said:

You must have missed were he switched off and nearly gave them a clear cut opportunity. 

Another one he holds off his man and passes the ball backwards and then rather than give his teammate an option he looked away from the ball and just strolled around like his job was done. He's bone idle. 

I'm sure he did Pete.... he probably also farted on the pitch and the whiff knocked Jags sick and he fluffed his pass back to pickford..... 

6 minutes ago, pete0 said:

You must have missed were he switched off and nearly gave them a clear cut opportunity. 

Another one he holds off his man and passes the ball backwards and then rather than give his teammate an option he looked away from the ball and just strolled around like his job was done. He's bone idle

💩🙈

36 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

notice the crickets from the doom and gloom crew when we win....

It was a very poor game. We didn't create much, we didn't pass the ball well. It was dour. Bar the three points there's very little you can take positive from that match. Keane got turned too easily, Jags almost gave away a howler and Gana gifted them a chance a better side would have got a goal and made it another difficult day for us just like Wolves did, only difference last night was Cardiff have no quality to capitalise on our mistakes. Bear in mind they are the poorest side in the league and started the game without their best players Arter and Paterson, plus their main striker our very own Niasse. 

19 minutes ago, pete0 said:

It was a very poor game. We didn't create much, we didn't pass the ball well. It was dour. Bar the three points there's very little you can take positive from that match. Keane got turned too easily, Jags almost gave away a howler and Gana gifted them a chance a better side would have got a goal and made it another difficult day for us just like Wolves did, only difference last night was Cardiff have no quality to capitalise on our mistakes. Bear in mind they are the poorest side in the league and started the game without their best players Arter and Paterson, plus their main striker our very own Niasse. 

It wasn't the best but there were a lot of positives for me (compared to the last couple of months at least). Based on current form, this could've easily have been a banana skin which could've sent us into March in real trouble. Instead, we scored 3 out of the 4 shots on goal. Yes, there were a couple of errors here and there but the majority of the time it was at least positive. 

30 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Jags almost gave away a howler

Yes but that led to a great recovery from Digne, so yes he "almost" gave away a chance but he actually didn't (annoyed the shit out of me the commentators putting it down as a chance for Cardiff when it never was) and was very solid for the game that one touch aside.

35 minutes ago, Matt said:

It wasn't the best but there were a lot of positives for me (compared to the last couple of months at least). Based on current form, this could've easily have been a banana skin which could've sent us into March in real trouble. Instead, we scored 3 out of the 4 shots on goal. Yes, there were a couple of errors here and there but the majority of the time it was at least positive. 

4 shots on target all game says it all, and one of them was at the death with Cardiff just waiting for the whistle. 

28 minutes ago, MikeO said:

How do they have more points than Southampton, Fulham and Huddersfield then:huh:?

Thanks to their manager and usually having their two best players on. If they stay up Warnock would deserve to be manager of the year. 

23 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Yes but that led to a great recovery from Digne, so yes he "almost" gave away a chance but he actually didn't (annoyed the shit out of me the commentators putting it down as a chance for Cardiff when it never was) and was very solid for the game that one touch aside.

One bad touch is all out takes at this level, see his red card against Wolves. Luckily we were playing Cardiff and they never capitalised. 

Just because they don't score doesn't distract from us still giving away the opportunities. We beat Fulham earlier in the season and gave away too many clear cut chances in that one as well and people didn't seem arsed as we won. Other than the score line there's very little to be happy about yesterday. The passing was awful, we barely created anything, and gave away silly chances. Play like that this weekend and the shite will pummel us. 

The game was that poor that I'd have turned it off had it been any other team than Everton. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

i wasn't talking about you pete, you are resolute in your opinion on here. i mean the people that only show up on the forum to bitch and moan.  when we win and things go well and off the pitch positive stuff happens they never post.

22 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Just because they don't score doesn't distract from us still giving away the opportunities.

But it wasn't an opportunity because Digne was in position to guide it out, at no time did a Cardiff player have a sniff of an "opportunity" despite the mistake due to good defending covering an undoubted error. Jordan didn't make a save all game, doesn't point to them having many chances does it?

I thought he played well in phases I also thought Schneiderlin played well in phases as did most of the team. 

But I’ve never seen so much hyped up hysteria and back slapping because a player made 2 runs and a few passes, if he was reading this thread he wouldn’t be wrong in thinking he was some form of TT gay icon, get a crip boys and give yourselves a good shake or have you already 😂

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I thought he played well in phases I also thought Schneiderlin played well in phases as did most of the team. 

But I’ve never seen so much hyped up hysteria and back slapping because a player made 2 runs and a few passes, if he was reading this thread he wouldn’t be wrong in thinking he was some form of TT gay icon, get a crip boys and give yourselves a good shake or have you already 😂

Are you talking about Buddy Holly or one of the Crickets? It's not clear.

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

😂 Gana not Buddy Holly or one of his crickets 🦗, has Gana got a girlfriend called Peggy Sue because that could cause some confusion but I was referring to Gana. 

If you knew Peggy Sue then you'd know why I feel blue without Peggy....and Gana (OK so it doesn't exactly rhyme).

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

But it wasn't an opportunity because Digne was in position to guide it out, at no time did a Cardiff player have a sniff of an "opportunity" despite the mistake due to good defending covering an undoubted error. Jordan didn't make a save all game, doesn't point to them having many chances does it?

It was an opportunity they just never took advantage. Fulham didn't score either as they never got their shots on target. Their chances were even more clear cut than last night but then Fulham have more quality to at least get the shot away. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It was just a game that lacked quality really. It wasn't one that will live long in the memory, but we took a much needed three points. It didn't matter how we got them, just that we did. So in that regard we did our job perfectly.

On to the derby now.

This. We stopped them doing pretty much anything and eventually we created enough good chances to see the game out relatively comfortably. 3 points, hopefully some confidence and a bit more optimism around Goodison for the derby (or maybe a bit less negativity!).

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

This. We stopped them doing pretty much anything and eventually we created enough good chances to see the game out relatively comfortably. 3 points, hopefully some confidence and a bit more optimism around Goodison for the derby (or maybe a bit less negativity!).

I wouldn't say we stopped them. They were missing four of their starting eleven and in general completely lacking in any quality. Their whole starting eleven only has 13 goals between them. 

Watford stuffed 5 past Cardiff their last game before playing Liverpool tonight. Seriously it was only Cardiff and we struggled to string a few passes together. Play like that and Liverpool will get into double figures. 

7 hours ago, pete0 said:

I wouldn't say we stopped them. They were missing four of their starting eleven and in general completely lacking in any quality. Their whole starting eleven only has 13 goals between them. 

Watford stuffed 5 past Cardiff their last game before playing Liverpool tonight. Seriously it was only Cardiff and we struggled to string a few passes together. Play like that and Liverpool will get into double figures. 

Regardless of their troubles, they didn’t score, even have a shot on target. That is the definition of stopping them. I know you have a problem with accepting stats, but please don’t start on language!

18 hours ago, Palfy said:

This is where your bias takes over though Palfy. When you went to the toilet, you missed Gana setting up Walcott for example. 

You also went to make a cuppa when Gana was under severe pressure in midfield, yet managed to turn his player, keep hold of the ball and keep possession for the team. You should stop drinking so much during a match... as the second time you went for a piss, you missed our defence u see pressure and Gana lifting his hand to Keane, letting him know he was taking control of the situation, and striding our with the ball to link up with Gylfi. 

Its these things that you miss that makes fans feel the need to point out when he does something good. 

Humility is a good trait to have my friend. 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Regardless of their troubles, they didn’t score, even have a shot on target. That is the definition of stopping them. I know you have a problem with accepting stats, but please don’t start on language!

So by your definition if someone misses an open goal you get credit for stopping them?

20 hours ago, Palfy said:

Maybe if a couple people stopped bashing him at every single opportunity, one of them even going as far as to say he’s the worst player to play for Everton, we'd stop reveling in his constant demonstrations of proof that they’re full of shit.