IGNORED

Cardiff (Away) Tuesday February 26th

markjazzbassist

5 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Well someone in that line up needs to perform tonight, Gana and Schniederlin just doesn't work for me.

Have to admit, never thought I'd see the Gana-Schneiderlin pairing again.  Smacks of desperation, which it probably is.  Silva's comments about players lacking competitiveness, focus, aggression, and desire reflect what many of us have said here on TT .

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/25/marco-silva-everton-must-win-cardiff-match

Tonight's match promises to be revealing, one way or another. 

"Radical? no. Direct to you, no," the Portuguese boss responded when asked if sizeable changes have been made for the remainder of the campaign.

"Because in February if we start to change everything radical then that means everything that we did [previously] does not make sense. It's not what I am thinking. 

"We have to understand why we are not doing the same. Because some bad results [we do not] play with the same confidence, it's clear to me. 

"The details are making a big difference in our results or not achieving the results because the last few games I didn't see one team commanding control, or control the game against us and put problems to us. 

"We are losing points and not achieving the good results in some moments, [it's] in the details. In this type of detail we have to work more and more to be consistent as a team."

Team selection is awful and he's chatting absolute bollocks about the football. Win, lose or draw today he deserves to be sacked he's more arrogant and clueless than Martinez. 

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

The manager has had a long time to look at the guys in training leading up to this. If he has picked those lads because they are showing something in training, then I’m fine with that.

Would rather have Davies in there with Gana, and Lookman on the left though.

If Morgan is showing more in training thanks Gomes that’s a bad sign. Hopefully they have given Gomes a week off to recharge his batteries 

Bar Digne and Richarlison that team could have been picked by Allardyce 2 in the middle again cause Gylfi isn’t going to be wanting to do too much tracking back and Jags with no match fitness with possibly no protection from an over run midfield, wtf is Silva’s thinking with this line up unless he’s got a lot of injuries and niggles this is suicide. 

Very worrying that Mina is on the bench. If Jags is better than him that's a worry it if he isn'tt fit enough to start he shouldn't be on the bench in the first place. Jags himself is lacking match fitness and is kicking on so there's a high risk of him straining himself and needing to come off. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

On the bright side it wasn't the team coach:lol:.

One coach was stopped on Bowring Road and the driver was arrested on suspicion of drug driving.

Two men were arrested on suspicion of possession of cocaine, three men were arrested on suspicion of possession of cannabis and a youth was reported for possession of criminal proper (cash) and possession of cannabis.

A second raid on Electric Avenue saw one man arrested on suspicion of possession of cannabis, and eight wraps of white powder and 10 bags of suspected cannabis were seized following a search of the vehicle.

A total of 15 cases of alcohol were also recovered.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/police-raid-everton-fan-coaches-15891302?fbclid=IwAR1nKQnIiRnWznE2Yp2rRQ6p5Bd3PALhPeeIp4nUdsyUBPI9lSEvNfyZYq0#ICID=ios_EchoNewsApp_AppShare_Click_FBshare

23 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

If Morgan is showing more in training thanks Gomes that’s a bad sign. Hopefully they have given Gomes a week off to recharge his batteries 

He's just had more than two!

Incidentally the last time we lost to Cardiff in the league I wasn't even a twinkle in my parent's eyes (1956). No pressure lads.

14 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Is it illegal to drink on a private coach?

No. Just seen a full post from the mersey side police and they've said excessive drinking is why there's been trouble at away games. Reading between the lines they basically blame the Everton fan for getting himself slashed in the face. Absolute farce. Waste of public funds just to try and make their stats look better.