IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

Robson snaps up Beattie in £4m swoop

Sheffield United manager Bryan Robson has pulled off a major coup by signing Everton's James Beattie for £4million.

Robson had been determined to land a big name striker to lift spirits at Bramall Lane following relegation from the Premiership and got his man on a four-year contract

Sportsmail revealed last week that Robson had targeted the former England striker but Beattie was reluctant to leave Everton - particularly to drop down to the Championship.

Blackburn had expressed interest and Middlesbrough and Birmingham were also monitoring the race but United made the best offer and Robson's persuasive talking did the rest.

The manager said: "I'm delighted. We've got a strike force now that ranks as the best in the Championship.

It's a signal of our intention to return to the top flight."

Robson has signed winger David Carney from Sydney FC but has failed to land Wigan midfielder Kevin Kilbane.

Everton will complete the signing of Baines in the coming days. He wants a move back to Merseyside and sees Everton as a better option than Newcastle as there is European football on offer. After finally getting rid of Beattie, Moyes needs a striker with only Johnson and Ancihebe the recognised fit strikers. Expect an offer for Robbie Keane, if not he will follow through with the signing of Lucho Gonzales from Porto.

I've been noticing for the last month or so talk of yakubu leaving. If we got him, I'd be VERY excited. A proven Premiership goalscorer and can work well on his own or with a partner. Slight problem is losing him for the African Nations, but he'd make his mark in goals well before that happens. By then we'd have Cahill and Vaughan back anyway!

If Davey Moyes is listening in, get in there my son, this lad equals goals!

Lots of rumours going round Merseyside that Moyes has resigned due to lack of funds and losing out on Baines (Manchester Utd, to replace Heinze), and the false bid for gonzaleswhich is a smokescreen ( Porto turned down 13 mill from a Spanish club last month).

Its just to try and get a positive Kirkby vote and Moyes is pissed off.

hope non of this is true though, and I am wrong this time! Ganzales, Baines and especially Moyes would be great for the blues

coyb

Addo

I'm the lad who told you about Baines joining Everton about a week ago, unfortunately that wasn't posted! My Dad was told by Bainses Dad 2 weeks ago and now the deal is finalised for 5mill.

Kenny Miller is being touted as a £2.5mill target for Everton.

1st rumour I ever posted about Baines was true so no crap from me, but a guy I know who lets houses in the Merseyside area has been asked to look for 2 close together for 2 argintinian ints, Riquelme and gonzalez for Everton same source as before. coyb

Panic buying is when you buy class players now is it? Funny, I thought that's what Sunderland did when they paid over £10million for Richardson and Chopra. Silly me.

ino lol

imagine if we got them

the jak an jonhson wa a strike-force

wer is all this money from anyway

we wer struggling to get 5 mil for baines

since we've sold beattie we've suppose 2 have millions

what a signing Yakubu would be fantastic and of course we all know about manny. Manny still has a few rough edges to his game but he is the right age and i think he would love to come back and play for the blues. Be very interesting over the next day or two to see what happens with these stories.

Its also in the sun today about Yak and Manny.

Can maybe at a push see Manny but can't see DM spending 11m on Yak.

Would be happy if both signed

Jacklelz, Yes reports say the bid has been rejeced.

if we actually got those two players (big if) we would be a force to be reckoned with

Howard

Jagielka

Lescott

Yobo

Baines

Arteta

Cahill

Fernandes

Pienaar

Yakubu

Johnson

that's a world class team!

If we managed to get Manny and Yak (still not sure on Yak) then i would be happy and would happily take back the stuff I have said about the board not backing the club.

However as I have said I honstly think that this is nothing more than getting the fans on board for the Kirby vote and nothing else.

Think that if they serious then at least 1 big signing needs to be in by the time the votes have to be in otherwise as said before think it will go against the club.

IC Liverpool are saying that Everton have bid 8m for Manny but again can't see it happening

suppose this thread's the best place for this. as I've said before I work at a national rag (don't shoot me down this time please - as I said the last time, why would I bother lying :lol: !) - i just spoke to a guy I know on the sports desk - he reckons the Yakubu deal might go through today. He doesn't have any insider knowledge as such but he said that whenever the BBC run a story that has "BBC Story understands" in it, it generally happens pretty soon after and all the rest of the papers sit up and take notice

fingers crossed eh!