IGNORED

Everton V Newcastle

Adams

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will still play Osman, cos Neville has to drop to fullback.  (Hibbo suspended).

Might still play 4-5-1 and bring Davies in.

51932[/snapback]

I think we have to go 4-4-2, specially at home, dithering davy got on my tits watching the noocastle game, you could clearly see that they were their to be got at and another stiker would have helped.

Beattie needs to be given a go, and this is ideal to look at 4-4-2 again, otherwise we are just becoming predictable

Zed said.......Beattie needs to be given a go, and this is ideal to look at 4-4-2 again, otherwise we are just becoming predictable.

I can see what your saying Zed, but as long as we stay unbeaten, and with the Prems Leading goalscorer, i dont mind us being predictable.

James was given a go at Peterboro, but i thought Victor was the more dangerous of the two.

Firstly where they sit you in that fookin ground is a joke, struggled to see the shirt numbers and all the players looked like borrowers especially AJ and Ossie!

Had one of the best away days for a while tho' the coach was quality yet again. Stopped off at lunch time in Sunderland us & the blue house coach at a lil pub that had some food laid on for us and nothing but boarded up windows for miles around. Left for the ground at about 3 and got there just before kick off rather worse for ware.

Match wasnt worth watching from that high up after the amount of beer i'd consumed so we went downstairs and watched it on the screens while consuming a bit more beer. Little sing song at half time and back upstairs for a some what blury seccond half. Didnt think much of the game at all, the ref was shite all day and where's this fanatical Newcastle support??

"50 years, you've won fuck all" & "you shag your sister" were songs of the day and they shut their mouth every time. Not much point in singing for the lads cos we were that far away you wouldnt have been able to hear 40,000 of us!!

So we sets off for the way home and headed back into Sunderland, while the front end of the coach all went the chippy with the driver we raided an offy and ended up with a crate of stella under every seat at the back on the way home :unsure:

Good days work so we all thought until about 1 hour later when the blue lights started flashing on a dual carridge way just outside cumbria. On piles some police and begin to search the coach "gutted", it took them 3 searches to find all the full crates and they missed all the singles we had stashed around the coach and down our pants. Then apperently they had video footage and we were all getting arrested when the manager of the offy got there so the whole coach had a game of musical chairs and swap clothes. When the manager got there he had no video footage but wanted to arrest everyone with a white T-shirt on (good job the fish took his off and replaced it with a stripy hoodie :D ).

2 lads were pulled off the bus and put in the bizzie van so we made a "all for one and one for all" decision and piled off the coach demanding the two lads were let back on the coach and we would all go home together. A few of the more pissed up lads stopped the traffic on the road and sat down holding up a load of sunday night travelers and another 2 of the lads stole half the ale back off the bizzies and stashed it on the coach.

Both the lads were let off with £80 fines and we partied all the way home with stolen beer that had been confiscated and then stolen back from the police. Damn did that warm stella taste sweet knowing it was twice stolen.

May I just add that I in no way condone stealing of any kind but lets be honest the rules dont apply on away matches :P

Zed said.......Beattie needs to be given a go, and this is ideal to look at 4-4-2 again, otherwise we are just becoming predictable.

I can see what your saying Zed, but as long as we stay unbeaten, and with the Prems Leading goalscorer,  i dont mind us being predictable.

James was given a go at Peterboro, but i thought Victor was the more dangerous of the two.

51960[/snapback]

Would you be happy with drawing every game just because we havnt been beaten yet? I wouldnt, I want to win the games against shit teams like Wigan and Newcastle not draw them and it feel like a loss.

Mark said.......""Would you be happy with drawing every game just because we havnt been beaten yet? I wouldnt, I want to win the games against shit teams like Wigan and Newcastle not draw them and it feel like a loss.""

Both teams had gone to 10 men, Neville had dropped out of the midfield to go fullback, if Beattie had of come on it was either osman, arteta, carsley, or cahill would have come off, and that would seriously have weakened our strongest part of the team.

from being a five man midfield and keeping them Quiet, we would have been reduced to a 3 man mid and would have been overun by Emre and Parker.

We might well have lost it in the last couple of minutes, and everone would have wanted to string Moysey up for making the substitution. I think he knows a bit more about the job than you and i so i'm certainly happy that we came back undefeated.

Dont forget we won against the Red S and Blackburn playing 4-5-1, so we are capable of doing more than drawing every game with that system.

With Ossie playing we more or less had a 4 man midfield anyway, we should have taken him off and brought Beattie on because he was being carried by the rest of the midfield. We bring Beattie on and we'd have had more of a chance at taking 3 points rather than settling for a point. I wouldnt say our midfield was very strong against Newcastle though, their attacking players powered through them more often than not.

""I wouldnt say our midfield was very strong against Newcastle though, their attacking players powered through them more often than not.""

All the more reason not to take another midfielder off Mark, Neville had already gone to fullback. Its not the plain sailing you might think it is.

Would it be fair to argue it is not the defensive style...But more the finishing that has let us down a bit?

Steady finishing & Newcastle would have been beaten. ( Aj & Tc are I spose exempt for now due to weight of goals).

We played some bloody decent footy for the away team & should have got the money.

Really don't think any of the stuff we've played this season can be called defensive, whatever the formation. With a little more concentration in defence, a little more luck and a competent linesman we'd have won the last two and been top of the league...but you have to take it in perspective. Best ever prem start...two points a game average so far...keep that up and we finish with 76 points. Three points on Saturday and we'll be flying again!

One think I would like to add which is something I said to my dad when we was watching the game.

Even as little as a few years ago I thought that when we had the ball against the Skunks we kept it a lot better. Normally in the past when we get the ball we just seem to get the ball forward as quick as possible but when watching the game on Sunday we were happy to pass the ball accross the midfield to the other side.

Now this might have been on going for a while but thought I would mention it as its the first time I have noticed it