IGNORED

Blues vs Boro & Neville's Injury

RuffRob

The team dont inspire any confidence at all when we go behind, we had to go 2-0 down for fuck sake before we looked like doing anything, a bit late dont you think. If we dont get our act otgether we'll be lucky to finish in the top 10.

Where were you watching it Mark? Didn't realise it was on TV anywhere.

I think that we going to struggle this game to break them down and think that they will catch us.

i think its going to be a smash and grab but not for us.

2 v 0 lose with a counter attack and a late goal with us pushing for a point.

Can't see anything other than a lose this game

:o That's genius Adam, I'd take my hat off to you if I was wearing one!

ref was an absolute disgrace,giving decision after decision to them, fair enough the first penalty was genuine and it was unlucky for tim, but there was no way in hell that lescott handballed that and its just as well tim saved it because that would have been utterly unjust,not that we played well but we got absolute shiate loads of possession and if the ref was a little less biased then it would have been a whole different game

ps, any idea what the police guy was saying to the ref in stoppage?reckon that had anything to do with there being so much ET? big sam bunged us!

ref was an absolute disgrace,giving decision after decision to them, fair enough the first penalty was genuine and it was unlucky for tim, but there was no way in hell that lescott handballed that and its just as well tim saved it because that would have been utterly unjust,not that we played well but we got absolute shiate loads of possession and if the ref was a little less biased then it would have been a whole different game

ps, any idea what the police guy was saying to the ref in stoppage?reckon that had anything to do with there being so much ET? big sam bunged us!

SOMBODY THROUGH A PHONE ON TO THE PITCH DONT KNOW IF IT WAS DIRECTED AT ANYBODY ?

Several points to make....

Neville may not have been fit to play after hurting himself in midweek

Johnson had a quiet game which leads me to believe that he may also have been unfit.

Cahill only got home late last, night so he wasnt in the right frame of mind, and probs jet lagged.

But most of all the point i want to make is, Osman wasnt playing and wasnt even on the bench, and we always look much better when he plays.

Four league games without a win and slipping down the league, this is when the true character of the squad needs to come through, or we could end up in the bottom ten rather than the top six.

We only have 2 goalscorers who have scored from open play, Johnson with 6, and Cahill with 4 plus 1 carling cup, our other goals have come from Arteta (penalty), Beattie (penalty) and 2 own goals.

Its about time BEATTIE, NEVILLE, CARSLEY, DAVIES, ARTETA, and OSMAN Pulled their socks up and weighed in with a couple of goals each.

Licker.

Edited by Licker

tbh bill im not really bothered who scores, as long as we all contribute to a goal i dont really care!cant really fault carsley atm, reckon hes been one of our star players, if not our star player since hes come back

although im completely in agreement over the injuries you mentioned, while i didnt know much about nevilles injury, i was in aboslute shock that cahill was playing, and even more amazed that he played the full 90minutes

""tbh bill im not really bothered who scores,""

Yeah i see what your saying Andy, but if AJ or Tim get any injuries no other fooka knows how to score, and thats my reason why the last 3 draws could, and should have been wins, and this one could have been a draw.

We cant just rely on two people to do all the scoring for the whole squad.

fair point mate, throw victor into the mix, see what happens there, im sure a lot of us would be entusiastic to see how he benefits from a couple of first team games in the top flight, JV's coming back also, and we could always pray that we get loads of penalties or free kicks just outside the box for arteta to whip in!

checked the stats on MOTD

we had the same amount of shots on target and off target than boro. we had more possesion and we conceded less fouls apparently.

we just didnt put our shots away.

and the second pen wasnt a pen IMO im sure it hit lescotts chest. but at least howard saved it so justice was done.

we cant afford to play like this anymore. we need to get our act together and fast.

Had a dream we got beat 2-1, but that wont happen :D

2-0 us :D

Can u stop dreaming please as they say some dreams come true.

Once again playing against twelve men.Should have had at least one penalty

maybe two all over them especially in the second half till Viduka stung us with

a good goal. But Timmy's goal was better. I thought Arteta had a good game.

But Timmy Cahill my MOTM what a Diamond he is ;);)

Was a cracking goal..typical TC crashing his way through and burying it...kissing his badge then no celebration to speak of, get back and get on with it..brilliant. What was it with Boro nicking his goal celebration by the way? Dreadful huge empty spaces in the stands as always at Boro....looks bad.

• 4 weeks later...