IGNORED

Manchester United away (October 2)

Cornish Steve

I have seen a lot of Gray for Leicester and I have to say he is a completely new player under Rafa. 

There were a couple of times in this game where I just thought, he wasn't doing that for Rodgers and the way he outfought Fred and then found the pass for the goal was an example of that. I think that is a big testament to the qualities of Benitez as a tactician and as a man manager, the latter which was a concern for a lot of people (including me).

Just now, dunlopp9987 said:

I'm fine with a 4-5-1 to try and see out a point, maybe hit them on the counter. They bring on Sancho, Ronaldo and Pogba, I understand trying to just shore up a point

I agree, makes complete sense. Gray is having a lot of joy down that side too.

Just now, dunlopp9987 said:

I'm fine with a 4-5-1 to try and see out a point, maybe hit them on the counter. They bring on Sancho, Ronaldo and Pogba, I understand trying to just shore up a point

I don't like it when any team takes their foot off the gas and shuts up shop.  But when you hold a point at OT, with the three subs they just made, and with Gray or Andros always likely to get 2 or 3 more chances, it's the most sensible course of action.

2 minutes ago, badaids said:

I don't like it when any team takes their foot off the gas and shuts up shop.  But when you hold a point at OT, with the three subs they just made, and with Gray or Andros always likely to get 2 or 3 more chances, it's the most sensible course of action.

I don't think it is necessarily a negative move. It just provides us a bit more of a base to attack from and hopefully an extra man in midfield to hold bit more possession. We will still have four men getting forward with every attack.