IGNORED

New DoF

RuffRob

19 minutes ago, Formby said:

Brands oversaw an awful lot of rubbish. Bentiez brought in Gray (or Grey for @MikeO 🙂), Townsend, Patterson and Mykolenko, so was definitely not the problem transfer-wise. Going back to Brands would be conmpletely insane.

What makes you think Gray and Townsend were Benitez' hires? I'd say that Brands identified them as targets, did the due diligence, and simply ran it past Benitez who'd just been appointed.

I fail to understand the logic of firing Brands and giving Benitez greater say in bringing in new players when Benitez was the problem and not Brands - which became even more obvious in a matter of weeks.

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

What makes you think Gray and Townsend were Benitez' hires? I'd say that Brands identified them as targets, did the due diligence, and simply ran it past Benitez who'd just been appointed.

Townsend: Everton man Andros Townsend reveals why he joined the club (goodisonnews.com)

Gray: ‘Was in contact’: Benitez explains discussions with Everton ace before his Goodison appointment (hitc.com)

15 hours ago, FairWooney said:

Rangick has a contract for a job at Man Utd, why would he leave that to go to Everton?! 😂

Only 6 months as Manager, with (as you've said) 2 more in a "Consultancy" role.  I'm hopeful (dreaming) that he'd like more of a challenge and more control, although the chances of control seem pretty slim under Moshiri...

To me, Man Utd is a bit of a weird fit for him.  He seems to be very big around a certain game style (e.g. Gegenpressing), instituting that style through all age groups in the Organisation and hiring managers who fit in/work for that style.  Has also been really big on Academies and using young players, and worked in buy low-sell high organisations. 

In short, think he'd be great for us but agree the chances are near non-existent.  So the guy with such an impressive impact on the rises of both Monaco and Lille would be an acceptable replacement 😜

Instead, enter Kevin Thelwell....