IGNORED

Poll - Next Manager: Finalists

Aidan

Poll - Next Manager: Finalists  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Myers says 3 final interviews are today, who do we want Blues?

• Frank Lampard
    • Vitor Pereira
    • Duncan Ferguson

• Aidan changed the title to Poll - Next Manager: Finalists
36 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Rooney was favourite in the past poll with 9 votes, Dunc & Potter were joint 2nd with 7. Lampard had only 2 votes. Peirrera wasn't included.

Not in the running from the original list of possibles with 2 votes, and now people think he's the messiah who's going to lead us into the promised land.

If one of the three mentioned today gets selected, I hope it is just till the seasons end.  I think there will be more and much better candidates to interview in the summer.

18 minutes ago, Bill said:

Not in the running from the original list of possibles with 2 votes, and now people think he's the messiah who's going to lead us into the promised land.

If one of the three mentioned today gets selected, I hope it is just till the seasons end.  I think there will be more and much better candidates to interview in the summer.

I don't think people see him as the Messiah, rather just the best of a bad bunch.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I also agree summer is the best time to appoint a new manager. However, we find ourselves without in January. So the feild is only realistically open to the unemployed at the moment. 

Dont think one person anywhere has indicated that Lampard is any kind of 'Massiah'. So not sure where you are picking that up from. 

My guess is that Everton are possibly looking to get person in on 5month contract with a review at the end of the season and take from there. Maybe Pereira up for that and Lampard isn't - but who knows

The sensible approach would be to work on getting a new DoF in over the next 5months and have him making the final decision on who manages new season. 

Lampard was my first choice before we gave the job to Benitez, that would have been the right time,  to give him a pre-season and time to settle in and get to know his players, at this stage of the season and the position we are in I’m not so sure, he’s probably never experienced this side of the game in his life so how does he draw on the experience of a unbalanced team in free fall looking at a relegation battle, his lack of experience with not much time left does concern me. But I have given my vote to him out of the 3 mentioned. 

2 hours ago, DownUnderToff said:

Any of Kovac, Garcia, and Favre would all be better options and are currently available. While they may not be interested, there appeared to be some suggestion that Kovac and Favre were willing to be interviewed.

I wonder how many of those are realistic. I think a lot of managers would want the Everton job... But many good ones wouldn't want to go anywhere near it!