• Alex Iwobi
    • Anthony Gordon
    • Demarai Gray
    • Richarlison
    • Michael Keane
    • Jonjoe Kenny
    • Salomón Rondón

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

You were saying the same thing last week as you are saying this week…. That it seemed ridiculous to doubt him? Yes we know you are saying that cos you keep saying it.

It’s not difficult Dunc, when we were getting battered away from home because we set up tactically stupid vs Spurs - the last 2 performances away from home don’t suddenly mean his critics/doubters were wrong….. the hope is that the employees of our club learn from mistakes. Some seemingly take long than than others but it doesn’t negate the original criticism and give a platform for the “I told you he would be good”.

Stop making this shit up! 

I have never once said anything remotely like it is ridiculous to doubt him

I have actually said quite the opposite because I acknowledged that he was justifiably criticised 

What I did however find ridiculous was people completely writing him off

16 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Stop making this shit up! 

I have never once said anything remotely like it is ridiculous to doubt him

I have actually said quite the opposite because I acknowledged that he was justifiably criticised 

What I did however find ridiculous was people completely writing him off

It wasn’t ridiculous to write him off Dunc, why are you making out that it was some small period of bad form.  It was as bad a fall as I have seen from a keeper who had promised so much.  Which makes his recovery all the more impressive.

Danny Murphy spoke in length about this earlier and it was in glowing terms as to how his maturity is night and day difference and his behavioUr/interviews reflects it. Murphy even said he was concerned as to where he was heading and he should take credit for pulling it round. 

don’t be trying to make out that fans wanting a new keeper was ridiculous…. It actually wasn’t. 

I always championed him even in the days when it may have looked foolish to do so, but he isn’t the first and won’t be the last Everton player to be roundly set up on and then come good, what was said of him in the past is surely water under the bridge now, and the fact now that nearly everyone on here completely backs him is a testament to him and his form, and how people are prepared to change their minds and not get to in trenched in their first view’s. Unless of course TT have made a law stating you cannot change your views in the future.