IGNORED

Kelechi Iheanacho

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Iheancho assists far more than maupay too

Maupay has an average xA of 3.08 per season when he was at Brighton. Iheanacho has an average xA of 2.66 per season during his time at Leicester.

There is no doubt that Iheanacho has played with much better finishers as whilst Maupay was a big contributor to Brighton underperforming their xG he certainly wasn't the only one! On the other hand, Iheanacho has played far less minutes and therefore less opportunity. Stats aside though, I think Iheanacho is a far more dangerous player. Its not hard when you are comparing him to Maupay though! 

I have just watched his goals and assists from last season and honestly you wont see a scabbier bunch in your life. He scored a great goal at Spurs and a very deft touch for an assist in the last game of the season but not only are they very basic contributions, they are not really situations that we will find ourselves in very often. When you look through the games from last season, even when Vardy didn't start, Iheanacho wasn't the automatic replacement. Rodgers went with Daka instead which I don't understand. I think there were clearly some trust issues. Its hard to know whether goals and assists like the two I mentioned are what he can genuinely produce on a regular basis or whether they are one offs. Leicester forums seem to really rate him, but then Brighton fans were positive about Maupay too!

If we see more of the ball consistently under Dyche, and can get it into him properly, I think he could be a solid signing and it is never a bad thing to have a guy that has made a career of doing well from the bench, on the bench, either. It is just how he works when we are pumping balls up to him and asking him to work the channels. I have a massive doubt about that. 

• 3 weeks later...