IGNORED

Kelechi Iheanacho

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

His goals per minutes isn’t bad at all.  If we could get rid of maupay for similar then he definitely is an improvement there.  For me we need a number 9 though….

Boniface maybe he looks the best of any we have been linked to plus right age and hungry 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

His goals per minutes isn’t bad at all.  If we could get rid of maupay for similar then he definitely is an improvement there.  For me we need a number 9 though….

image.png.937c2a1ec0e111c7cd8b5668f62397c9.png

has better records outside of Premier league matches but his record in Premier League isn't great.

20/21 he did ok with a goal ever 121 minutes but apart from that he's been poor.

1 hour ago, FairWooney said:

has better records outside of Premier league matches but his record in Premier League isn't great.

20/21 he did ok with a goal ever 121 minutes but apart from that he's been poor.

Is that saying 42 goals in 7,820 minutes?

That’s a goal every 186 minutes, a goal every 2.06 games. 

He's also a better finisher than Maupay. No idea what interest if any there is in Maupay but I'd gladly pay a modest fee to move on from Maupay and bring Iheanacho in for squad depth. The issue is he likely wouldn't just be squad depth but we clearly don't have the money to approach proper attacking targets. 

46 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Total min = 7820

Total goals = 60

7820 % 60 = 130.3 surely that’s not right? 
Where do they get these stats?

Cant see the top line so guessing the 42 and 18 columns are goals prem and goals other?

He doesn’t play many 90mimutes so the stats are probably true. His goal involvement is decent to be fair. Underrated player in my opinion - instead of Maupay… great. Him and Maupay? No thanks!

17 minutes ago, Palfy said:

No matter what is stats are he’s not for us, can’t see him playing the lone striker so won’t happen.  

I agree on the lone striker point - needs a partner. His link up play is decent with a proper number 9 - Dyche has gone 2 ‘up top’ throughout his managerial career so may be looking to do it here eventually.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

He doesn’t play many 90mimutes so the stats are probably true. His goal involvement is decent to be fair. Underrated player in my opinion - instead of Maupay… great. Him and Maupay? No thanks!

I was thinking that. Averaging 63 minutes a goal. But true to TT maths, his stats are saying a goal every a goal every 1.6 games, which is pretty good. 

But he definitely isn’t one to lead the line.

7 hours ago, FairWooney said:

As has been mentioned, I think his goals record is actually pretty good considering the minutes he plays. 

I would put him in the Maupay category, albeit a much better finisher, in that he needs to play for a team that create chances for him and his record is better than he actuallly is because he has played for a team that does create chances.

4 hours ago, Haiku said:

No. It's a goal every 4.67 games, it's in the data you shared. He averages only 40' per game.

Hard to tell when there are no headings. 
So that doesn’t show how many of those are starts or coming off the bench? 

Im intrigued as he was never a starter for City and at Leicester he was second choice behind Vardy. 

I’ve no idea if he’s any good or not, but when he’s only been a bench player it’s hard to know a true goal scoring record. All I do know is, he’s definitely better than Maupay, everyone is! 

We won’t buy him anyway. 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Total min = 7820

Total goals = 60

7820 % 60 = 130.3 surely that’s not right? 
Where do they get these stats?

Cant see the top line so guessing the 42 and 18 columns are goals prem and goals other?

I assumed the 7820 was minutes played too, but very confused now. 

It was 42 and 28, so 70, but I assumed that was goals and assists. Which would be a goal or assist every 111.7 minutes. One every 1.2 games. Seems too high to be true though. 

Edit;

It’s right. He scores a goal every 186 minutes in the prem, and in his whole career every 155 minutes. 
He’s only 26 as well. 
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kelechi-iheanacho/leistungsdaten/spieler/295330/saison//plus/1#gesamt