IGNORED

Kelechi Iheanacho

3 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

Wow you think hes a decent striker. 

Decent player? Yes. Better than what we currently have (Maupay, Gray and Cannon) but I’m not 100% behind this signing as I’m not sure if he’d be useful in the system we’d play… much in the same way that I’d happily sell Gray on the basis that I don’t see where he fits in a Dyche team e.g. not good enough defensively on the wing and not effective enough as a striker.

20 minutes ago, StevO said:

So by that token James Maddison is shit as well? 
Jordan Pickford too? 

It take a whole team to get relegated. Not just one player. 

What I would say about Leicester and their players is on paper they had a pretty decent team, but very poor attitude and aptitude for digging out results when needed, so it could be said we should be keeping away from players who don’t give their all, and Leicester players are surely guilty of that above any team in last season’s PL. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

So by that token James Maddison is shit as well? 
Jordan Pickford too? 

It take a whole team to get relegated. Not just one player. 

Maddison was shit last season, but he has been very good, Iheanacho has never been good, look at his time there spent on the bench the last 4 years, speaks volume's about what they thought of him, not for me, and not for a fee.

8 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

Maddison was shit last season, but he has been very good, Iheanacho has never been good, look at his time there spent on the bench the last 4 years, speaks volume's about what they thought of him, not for me, and not for a fee.

He won player of the season for them last year, was instrumental in them winning the fa cup. 

scores a goal every 176 minutes, he’s in the top 10 for goals vs minutes for all prem players with at least 150 games played. 

for £10m he’s a no brainer. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

He won player of the season for them last year, was instrumental in them winning the fa cup. 

scores a goal every 176 minutes, he’s in the top 10 for goals vs minutes for all prem players with at least 150 games played. 

for £10m he’s a no brainer. 

Correct leave him where he is. Stats are twisted any way you like, if you had watched him on a regular basis you would have a different opinion.

Im well aware of our present predicament, and here we are arguing amongst our selves, about a bang average player,while the same 2 dickheads are driving us  into oblivion, and are still in control of the club.

We just have a difference of opinion you think he is better than what we have, and i don't, its allowed.

39 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

Correct leave him where he is. Stats are twisted any way you like, if you had watched him on a regular basis you would have a different opinion.

Im well aware of our present predicament, and here we are arguing amongst our selves, about a bang average player,while the same 2 dickheads are driving us  into oblivion, and are still in control of the club.

We just have a difference of opinion you think he is better than what we have, and i don't, its allowed.

Agreed.
Stats can be manipulated.

I trust the opinion of people I know who watch him week in / week out.
He isn't that good.
He isn't the answer.
Purple patch player. He had it for a season.
Like Origi across the park. 

All opinions tho, but he'd be yet another waste on a so called 'proven' PL player. 

Steer clear and spend the money elsewhere 

7 minutes ago, msloan78 said:

I might be wrong, but pretty sure a large proportion of his games were coming off the bench which might skew the goals:minutes ratio.

Leicester fans i know don't rate him.

Let this one pass us by.

Yes his average game time from those stats are about 63 minutes if I remember right… which isn’t likely knowing my memory haha. So quite  a low minutes per game average.

2 hours ago, Tonsta said:

Bang average would be an upgrade for us though. That’s the point. Bang average would keep us in the premier league. 

1 hour ago, msloan78 said:

I might be wrong, but pretty sure a large proportion of his games were coming off the bench which might skew the goals:minutes ratio.

Leicester fans i know don't rate him.

Let this one pass us by.

Wouldn’t that be a good thing then? If he can come off the bench and score goals? 

8 hours ago, Tonsta said:

I don’t have an opinion on him. He won their player of the season and scores goals and can be had got cheap. Leicester hit relegated cos of their defence.  Unless you can think of better strikers for £10m 

There’s someone with a user name ‘toffeenut’ on another forum who obviously has links to the club who has cryptically confirmed (well if his clues have been deciphered correctly) that Iheanacho and Gnotto are in the pipeline. Alan Myers said 3 in and 3 out were near and has since said 2 could be done by the weekend… looks like Danjuma and Iheanacho as the 2 then. Both improve us in my opinion.

I’d be a little (very!!!) worried about our squad post-Christmas as that’d be Gueye, Doucoure, Iwobi and Iheanacho off to the AFCON - that’d put a massive strain on an already poor squad.

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I don’t have an opinion on him. He won their player of the season and scores goals and can be had got cheap. Leicester hit relegated cos of their defence.  Unless you can think of better strikers for £10m 

Yes Vardy, free agent, and the right age group for us now, and far superior stats, that people seem so interested in.

I realise we are shopping in pound land now, but buying the same shit as Tosson, keane, maupay, Walcott, etc just making the same mistakes over and over but expecting a different result, give the kids a chance, now there is a novel idea. 

2 hours ago, c1982 said:

There’s someone with a user name ‘toffeenut’ on another forum who obviously has links to the club who has cryptically confirmed (well if his clues have been deciphered correctly) that Iheanacho and Gnotto are in the pipeline. Alan Myers said 3 in and 3 out were near and has since said 2 could be done by the weekend… looks like Danjuma and Iheanacho as the 2 then. Both improve us in my opinion.

I’d be a little (very!!!) worried about our squad post-Christmas as that’d be Gueye, Doucoure, Iwobi and Iheanacho off to the AFCON - that’d put a massive strain on an already poor squad.

Myers also said the second one is a striker, so that would tally.

3 hours ago, Tonsta said:

Yes Vardy, free agent, and the right age group for us now, and far superior stats, that people seem so interested in.

I realise we are shopping in pound land now, but buying the same shit as Tosson, keane, maupay, Walcott, etc just making the same mistakes over and over but expecting a different result, give the kids a chance, now there is a novel idea. 

Vardy? £120k a week wages.  He went 3 months without scoring. Pace being his main asset is going rapidly and at 36 does not make sense. Iheanacho was preferred over him. 

give the kids a chance?  As we have seen, scoring 20 goals in the championship means nothing. When playing against elite centre halves and goalkeepers relying on kids in a side with no goals?  May as well book our place in championship now. 

https://twitter.com/tacticallymatt/status/1682325968319311872?s=46&t=mg59m5Gl3hiDq1wnQUDV4w

11 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Vardy? £120k a week wages.  He went 3 months without scoring. Pace being his main asset is going rapidly and at 36 does not make sense. Iheanacho was preferred over him. 

give the kids a chance?  As we have seen, scoring 20 goals in the championship means nothing. When playing against elite centre halves and goalkeepers relying on kids in a side with no goals?  May as well book our place in championship now. 

You want to carry on with the same old shit that does not work fine, thank god you were not in charge when Joe Royal got in the team at 16 years old.

We have escaped the drop by the skin of our teeth and a lot of luck from the football gods, you want to carry that on fine, i dont i would take the chance on the kids, because buying all these tossers that no one wants, for 10 to 25 mil then giving them away free because no one else is as daft as us is strange thinking indeed.

At least with one or 2 kids not a team full, if we do go down we would be in a much better position to return to the top level, buying people like KI is Moshri thinking and we know what we think of him.

25 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

You want to carry on with the same old shit that does not work fine, thank god you were not in charge when Joe Royal got in the team at 16 years old.

We have escaped the drop by the skin of our teeth and a lot of luck from the football gods, you want to carry that on fine, i dont i would take the chance on the kids, because buying all these tossers that no one wants, for 10 to 25 mil then giving them away free because no one else is as daft as us is strange thinking indeed.

At least with one or 2 kids not a team full, if we do go down we would be in a much better position to return to the top level, buying people like KI is Moshri thinking and we know what we think of him.

So you mention we escaped relegation by “luck” and then say you would rather take a “chance” on the kids.  

so what is it? Are you favouring relying on luck of not cos you aren’t making sense? 

Joe royle got in the team at 16…. Rooney did too.  Talking about two “men” at boys ages.  To my knowledge we don’t have a Joe royle or a Wayne Rooney in the reserves. Nearest we have is Tom cannon who is getting a chance to prove it - so are you saying buy no one?  Tried that last year didn’t we…. Worked well didn’t it. 

then you mention if we get relegated we will come back up with the kids?! Ffs. We have players on 100k a week with no relegation clauses who would be sold at cut price.  Put the shovel down ffs. 

37 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

So you mention we escaped relegation by “luck” and then say you would rather take a “chance” on the kids.  

so what is it? Are you favouring relying on luck of not cos you aren’t making sense? 

Joe royle got in the team at 16…. Rooney did too.  Talking about two “men” at boys ages.  To my knowledge we don’t have a Joe royle or a Wayne Rooney in the reserves. Nearest we have is Tom cannon who is getting a chance to prove it - so are you saying buy no one?  Tried that last year didn’t we…. Worked well didn’t it. 

then you mention if we get relegated we will come back up with the kids?! Ffs. We have players on 100k a week with no relegation clauses who would be sold at cut price.  Put the shovel down ffs. 

Kopite, don't bite. 

I think he's a decent player from when I've seen him.

I think people, some, need to remember we only need 'decent' to improve massively!

If we can get a few 'decent' players in, it'll save us having to play players way out of position when the inevitable injuries/suspensions kick in.

This alone, in my opinion, will keep us clear of relegation.

Also, price matters.

We've wasted £20, 30, 40million on 'decent' players unproven in the Premiership who then couldn't cut it.

If we can get players who we KNOW can play in the Premiership for ~£10mill...its a good deal for us in this moment in time. Not where we, as fans, want to be, but its the clubs reality.

I'm a big believer in giving youth a chance. I still think the right kids will get a go this season 👍

5 hours ago, Hoof_It_Nev said:

Kopite, don't bite. 

Kopite my arse, read my posts for the last 5 years, and the last game of the season then call me a kopite, its gobshite comments like that that really worries me about the class of person now following us, if someone does not agree with you he must be a wanker is that it, you make me sick with comments like that, dick head.