IGNORED

Everton V Arsenal

Romey 1878

Yeah he got sent off for sarcasticly pointing at his watch. Riley is a biased twat, there free kick that lead to the equaliser was apparently a good challenge and Carsley got the ball.

Good result for the boys though. Thats what grit does for a team. I am concerned about Johnson missing one on ones though, hes missed a few good chances in the past games. Hopefully its just a small blip and he'll bang in one against Fulham next week.

Yep would have loved to get all three points sounds like the Arse deserved at least a point tho and according to Barry Horne on City the free kick that lead to the goal was never a free kick. Grrrrr but good result I would have settled for a point before the match :)

Great result. Was on the golf course when I heard that Cahill had scored. Had to control myself a bit and not shout.

SOon as I got back home the Arse scored. Should have gone around again.

Great result. Well played can't wait to see the highlights on Sky tonight

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=156157

Wenger thinks we were too negative, basically we should have attacked more so it made Arsenal's job easier. What an idiot this fella is, we have to play in a way to make it frustrating for them, which is to play defensively and break when we need to. They got it right on MOTD for a change, they said we had our tactics spot on and that its Arsenal's job to overcome us however we play, and that what did they expect us to do - play attractive attacking football and get beat 9-0?

Edited by Romey 1878

he did one good thing in booking arteta because those cunts at the fa disciplinary board would love to punch a hole in us.

but still that decision for the free kick is ludicrious, howard was unlucky nearly got to it still i would have bitten your hand off for a draw if u offered it to me, before the game considering we had conceeded 17 in the last 5 visits to highbury

and why send moysie to the stand he was only showing off "new rolex robert earl bought me, Stallone signed it yanno" :D

Wenger thinks we were too negative, basically we should have attacked more so it made Arsenal's job easier

I actually agree in parts of the 2nd half we could have if not pressed but provided an extra loose man to give The Mop Lee Carsley an option other than sending it down the channels to no one. Whilst late he was a bit more affective, feel Davies let Carsley down a bit to often @ times with his positioning.

Davies had to be the link man between Carsley & the midfield..Too often he wasnt there. ( he did ok though in patches).

P.s Thought Free kick that resulted in Goal was a decent Carsley Tackle. Riley gave them plenty of chances.

Also felt there was a time in the mid 2nd that Arsenal were starting 2 loose composure & firing in sight finders from miles out , told me our back 5 had the emasure of them.

Stays Fit, Lecott will play 4 England...How could he not?.

Honourable mentions to everyone, but sepcial plaudits from me 4, Howard, Yobo, Lescott, Cahill, Carsley.

No complaints though, Bonus point, bit gutted in the end to drop the 2 pts, shows how farw e have come.

No one in Europe goes to Arsenal & survives throwin 9 men behind the ball.

We nearly damn well did & just on took the jewels in a classic smash n grab, wasnt to be & the point is still very encouraging.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=156157

Wenger thinks we were too negative, basically we should have attacked more so it made Arsenal's job easier. What an idiot this fella is, we have to play in a way to make it frustrating for them, which is to play defensively and break when we need to. They got it right on MOTD for a change, they said we had our tactics spot on and that its Arsenal's job to overcome us however we play, and that what did they expect us to do - play attractive attacking football and get beat 9-0?

Yeah i saw that as well..what a fucking fool Wenger can be,if we had gone looking for goals we'd have been torn apart simple as that,we're not good enough to play teams like the arse in that way,but we can play well in our rather dour 4-5-1 formation and balls to the frog eating twat..if he dont like it he can lick my ballbag.

Pat said...........Stays Fit, Lescott will play 4 England...How could he not?.

Yeah, well spotted Pat, i'm more and more impressed with JL every time he plays, even playing out of position He's a better fullback than the three we,ve got. What a buy he's turning out to be, Played every game this season plus the cup games and not a mistake all season..............Class.

But i dont want him in the England squad, prefer him to stay home with the Club.

Lescott's looking to be a bargain of Cahill proportions...trying to think of other players who've moved up from the championship and made such an impact (AJ goes without saying, but he had prem. pedigree). DM may have made a few mistakes in the market-place but he's spot on at times!

Someone posted this on Kipper about Wenger's comments, its quite good

I think it is time for somebody to make a stand and highlight the unacceptable attitude of Everton Football club towards the top clubs in the premiership.

We saw a worrying decline in respect a couple of seasons ago and sad to say I feel that this "bolshie" attitude has returned.

Everybody knows that there are only four or five worthwhile clubs in the premiership.We know this because we have been told so by SKY and we all know they invented the game of football so they must be right.

Yesterday was a particular case in point.I listened to the experts on Sky,it was decided that Arsenal were going to win and apart from our own Peter Reid the experts had decided that it would be a handsome and comfortable win.In fact a repeat of the a game a week earlier against Reading.I must admit that I held very little hope myself for a result and I believe many other Evertonians felt the same ,so I do not blame the experts.

However as we know Everton had the brazen neck to upset the pre ordained result and ruined a perfectly good story about the wonderful all conquering team that Wenger has again put together.In fact Peter Reid suggested that Arsenal may struggle against a well organised defensive team but he was not really listened to.

It simply is not acceptable that Everton did not let Wenger pick our team and decide our formation,allowing his lads to play and score as they like.We wasted time and were defensive.Its a lucky think for Mr Wenger that Arsenal history prior to his arrival has been scrubbed from the records apparently.The old chant of 1-0 to the Arsenal being a figment of the minds of jealous supporters.

If this rebellious attitude of EFC continues it may force the powers that be into taking stronger measuressuch as giving our more illustrious opponents a two goal start on us or possibly disallowing the first two goals we score in any match.In fact it seems that for a while last season this little tactic was implemented and it was generally agreed that it worked well and should possibly be introduced on a permanent basis.

It is not right that David Moyes and his team refuse to lie down against the cream of the premiership,it cannot continue,we have been warned.

Great away point against an Arsenal side on a 5 game winning streak. Especially considering that a virus has swept though Goodison this last 2 weeks.

Agree, with the glowing remarks about Lesscot - very good defender and has not put a foot wrong since arriving. Moyes needen't have worried about slowly introducing him to Prem football - playing as if he is a seasoned Prem player - also a sign of a talented palyer. No 'lack of experience' excuse been needed at all.

Think anybody would have taken this result on Saturday morning. Could have been all three had Johnson not got the ball caught up in his legs hear the end.

Teams and people who come out with the 'they played negative football' whine are also laughable - Moyes and the Everton team have no obligation whatsover to entertain the Arsenal fans, or the 'neutral spectator'. Until we can regularly afford to buy world class players - then what matters to Everton supporters is points.

With the money in football now so top heavy and with the best player now only seeming to wanting to join clubs were they can win things, even if it means sitting on the bench. Then these so called bigger clubs should shut up when another team tries to level the playing feild out a bit so they have a fair chance of getting some points. This league is not just about Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool, although a lot of the times this is the impression I feel I get rammed down my throat from all angles.

All I care about is coming away from places like Arsenal with a point or three in the bag. So job done, Well done lads.