IGNORED

Everton V Chelsea

Romey 1878

Swings and roundabouts isnt it, tho i am a bit concerned about the over exposure of managers, who before every game, and again after every game, make comments about AJ going down too easy.

Every Referee in the Country must have heard this by now, and will not give any unbiased decisions.

AJs confidence is shattered, no goals in eleven games and all this talk has obviosly affected his game.

Back to the game.............good performance all round and not the result we deserved, BUT...........

I'm beginning to think that we might have a struggle on our hands this season, we got off to a good start and looked a reasonable side capable of getting into the top six, but if you look at our record of late we are not doing very well at all.

Lost 6 and won only 2 of the last 10 games. :o I'm surprised we are still in the top half (just). if this form continues we shall soon be in the Bottom 6. :unsure:

Not being Pessimistic, just showing my concern by stating the Facts.

Edited by Licker

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swings and roundabouts isnt it, tho i am a bit concerned about the over exposure of managers, who before every game, and again after every game, make comments about AJ going down too easy.

Every Referee in the Country must have heard this by now, and will not give any unbiased decisions.

AJs confidence is shattered, no goals in eleven games and all this talk has obviosly affected his game.

Back to the game.............good performance all round and not the result we deserved, BUT...........

I'm beginning to think that we might have a struggle on our hands this season, we got off to a good start and looked a reasonable side capable of getting into the top six, but if you look at our record of late we are not doing very well at all.

Lost 6 and won only 2 of the last 10 games. :o I'm surprised we are still in the top half (just). if this form continues we shall soon be in the Bottom 6. :unsure:

Not being Pessimistic, just showing my concern by stating the Facts.

Plenty of swings and very little roundabouts this term Bill!

Don't want to keep going on about this...I'll say no more after this...but it wasn't even a close call..

kalou-offside.jpg

Season could still go either way I think Licker. We desperately need a good Christmas to get going again. The next seven games up to the end of Jan should get us a decent amount of points. Home games against 'Boro, Newcastle, Reading and Spurs and winnable trips to Reading, Man City and Wigan are nothing to be scared of. Be nice to get close to forty points before we go to Analfield. Lots of ifs and buts in there but if we play like we did yesterday and begin to get a fair rub of the green we'll be pushing back toward the top six.

Think AJ's unlikely to be awarded a penalty this season unless he's actually murdered in the box...and even then the ref will check with his linesman :angry: .

Yeah i agree about AJ, and the same punishment should be handed out to any manager that slanders a player, same as when he slanders the REF, or another Manager. But we are talking about the FA here and we all know they are a fookin joke.

On most of the other views i get the impression that Most are looking for excuses, and trying to gloss over the fact that we are going through a sticky Patch at the moment. A much improved performance against Chelski so lets hope they keep it going, because if they dont, we are heading for that well known Rollercoaster that we all too well aware of. ;)

CLUB STATEMENT

In the wake of Sunday's Premiership game against Chelsea at Goodison Park we wish to jointly condemn the post-match comments of Jose Mourinho relating to Andrew Johnson.

To publicly question the integrity of a player of Andrew's professionalism and honesty is not only wholly unacceptable and quite possibly defamatory but also, in our opinion, highly damaging for both Club and player.

We would urge the footballing authorities to look closely at Mr Mourinho's comments and then, perhaps, seek a formal explanation.

Both Everton Football Club and Andrew Johnson have always believed in the virtues of fair play and we would ask Mr Mourinho to immediately retract his allegations.

Everton Football Club and Mr Anthony McFarlane (Andrew Johnson's representative from BaseSoccer).

CLUB STATEMENT

In the wake of Sunday's Premiership game against Chelsea at Goodison Park we wish to jointly condemn the post-match comments of Jose Mourinho relating to Andrew Johnson.

To publicly question the integrity of a player of Andrew's professionalism and honesty is not only wholly unacceptable and quite possibly defamatory but also, in our opinion, highly damaging for both Club and player.

We would urge the footballing authorities to look closely at Mr Mourinho's comments and then, perhaps, seek a formal explanation.

Both Everton Football Club and Andrew Johnson have always believed in the virtues of fair play and we would ask Mr Mourinho to immediately retract his allegations.

Everton Football Club and Mr Anthony McFarlane (Andrew Johnson's representative from BaseSoccer).

Good to see but i doubt the smary bastard wont though

As Everton supporters we need to realise that match officials have a secret rule book which contains the following;

1) match officials must convey, whenever possible, a weak spine and be very respectful, even to acting as if they area sh1t scared of upsetting the likes of Jose Mourinho and Alex Ferguson. Never send Mourinho or Ferguson off the touchline for shouting and swearing and acting like a spoilt little girl, admire them and allow them to continue, even encouraging and bowing down if you feel like it.

2) match officials must be as soft as the proverbial boiled sh1te...therefore if it is far easier to claim you did not see it, or even if you did, just gloss over an offence such as an offside which leads to an unfair goal.

3) if it is far easier to pick on the underdog, in this case, Everton, as everybody expects Chelsea to win anyway, do it at all costs.

4) if a Manchester United or Chelsea player commits a red card offence, it should be overlooked by the match officials - however, alternatively, if it is an Everton player, especially historical figures such as Duncan Ferguson, or any current players such Neville, Beattie, McFadden, Yobo, Stubbs, Weir, or any other you care to pick on, show them a red car and send them off for yellow card offence.

5) at all costs, allow Chelsea and Manchester United to win the game.

6) match officials must remember that they are, above all, either Chelsea or Manchester United fans.

When Chelsea were 2-1 down, everytime the ball went out of play, their players would chase it down, scream at the crowd until they got it back. Well, that was until one young Evertonian thought better of it.

He was sat in front of the Park End. Chelsea had been attacking and a well wide shot had gone for a goal kick. Drogba chased after the ball which the young ball boy got. Drogba signalled for him to throw the ball to him, however the young lad just held it out. Drogba ran over to him, the ball boy, as cool as you like, just dropped it on the floor, turned his back and walked off slowly.

It was nice to see that the young lad didn't give a flying frick who Drogba thinks he is...

Well done to him!

:D

When Chelsea were 2-1 down, everytime the ball went out of play, their players would chase it down, scream at the crowd until they got it back. Well, that was until one young Evertonian thought better of it.

He was sat in front of the Park End. Chelsea had been attacking and a well wide shot had gone for a goal kick. Drogba chased after the ball which the young ball boy got. Drogba signalled for him to throw the ball to him, however the young lad just held it out. Drogba ran over to him, the ball boy, as cool as you like, just dropped it on the floor, turned his back and walked off slowly.

It was nice to see that the young lad didn't give a flying frick who Drogba thinks he is...

Well done to him!

:D

I forgot about that, I was thinking, this is going to turn into a famous victory :(