IGNORED

Fernandes Transfer Still Ongoing...

Moyski

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everton Lad said......""mate it pains me to say it but we havent been a "big club" since the 80's"".

In reply i just have this to say, The chessboard is always the same size, it just the peices that have different values, from being KINGS on the chessboard we are now mere PAWNS.

And i say this to any one who is under the same illusion...Everton FC was, still is, and will always be A massive Club, We just need to get the right pieces back in to run the club professionally = KINGS, and not the jumped up Evertonian who treats it like a toy that he never had when he was a boy = BK the PAWN.

You have a really good point there licker, I never thought of it that way, but I meant to imply is that we used to be in the “top 4” but now where just a middle table team, what happened to us?

We once controlled England.

I think lack of fundings is our reason for our decent from the top.

mate it pains me to say it but we havent been a "big club" since the 80's

its not ice but its true, and just think about some of the other big 80's clubs and be greatful that we are still in a relativley strong position, Nots Forest anyone?

I think getting rid of moyes would be the worst thing we could do as i don't know anyone who could come into the job and perform better, and i hate the way the game has gone where teams go through managers like anything.

I just wish that BK would stump up some cash to sign people when we actually need them. surely we have just shy of 6m (with the selling of Killer and Davies) also i imagine there is still a few quid from the rooney sale about.

and we can propbably afford to spend this money now rather than waiting to invest in the future as the pay off for finishing positions in the prem will be so much higher next year. Surely we should invest in talent NOW before prices inflate again becasue everyone has more money.

if nothing else there needs to be some sort of communication between the club and the fans. If we market ourselves as "the peoples club" then we should start acting like the Peoples club

both sky sports and bbc say he's joined til the end of season :)

http://home.skysports.com/transferarticle.aspx?hlid=444900

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...ton/6286727.stm

hopefully we can sign a striker before the deadline tomorrow. i still think david healy could make a name for himself in the premiership. look at kevin doyle.

Yeah just read that too, can't believe how many things are changed for Liverpool.

Sayin that though I do agree that he should be allowed to move, hes hardly been a first teamer at WHU but no doubt if Everton wanted to sign him they wouldn't let us...

Edited by TrueBlue

this would be typical if they allow the shite to have maserano and not let us have fernandes, though i did just rear somewhere that Man utd may be trying to steal Mascerano from the shite becasue the hargreeaves deal wont go through.... as much as i hate man utd i would love this too happen, as mascerno is class and i don't like seeing class go to the shite....

i still can't believe that mascerano never got given a real chance at WHU... idiots

Not a bad idea, but i doubt we have got the money to persue a case.

and also its probably in the FA's interest to allow teams like Liverpool have their own way becasue their in Europe and that means more publicityfor english football, and more money for english football,. or more importantly more money for the FA.

from icliverpool -

"Everton will find out today whether their attempt to sign Manuel Fernandes on a six-month loan has proven successful.

Contrary to claims from the player’s club Benfica, the Portuguese midfielder has not yet signed any contract extension with his present employers nor completed any move to Goodison.

Everton are trying to structure an agreement over the player’s registration which is acceptable to the Premier League before the transfer window slams shut at midnight."