IGNORED

F1 Chat

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Bottled the first corner, his on-board he was between Verstappen and Hamilton and when he hit the brakes they both flew past him, defined a decent driver against very good ones.

He can win all the mind games he likes, he was miles off winning on the track today.

No doubt but it's the contact with Ricciardo that makes me feel sorry for him. He fucked his race up and then spent the rest of it in front of Bottas.

Whatever speed Mercedes found yesterday they completely lost overnight. Utterly dominant victory for RB - like I've said all along, the title is only going one place.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

No doubt but it's the contact with Ricciardo that makes me feel sorry for him. He fucked his race up and then spent the rest of it in front of Bottas.

Whatever speed Mercedes found yesterday they completely lost overnight. Utterly dominant victory for RB - like I've said all along, the title is only going one place.

It was a messy first corner but I feel it was a tad unlucky for Ricciardo. He was on pace and on line for the first corner and Bottas was very slow. Ricciardo probably should have reacted better and avoided the contact but I thought Bottas may have moved ever so slightly to avoid Perez on the other side.

Bit disappointed with Norris not pushing further up the field.

That's the first race this season that I've turned off, not because Lewis was losing because I've loved the battle with Max but just because nothing happened, bar the first corner incident. 

You've got to feel sorry for Bottas, but with such a big tow into T1 there's pretty much always contact at Mexico, just glad that it wasn't Lewis who span so he could race for P1 fairly. It did kinda' hand the race to Red Bull though as they could play the 2v1 pit-stop game. 

The title is only going to one place though, Lewis has looked defeated for a while IMO. He's usually posting about being #soblessed, fighting on the track and pulling mind games but to me he looks like a beaten man, both he and Mercedes know that Max is just that bit quicker wherever they go. 

IMO, the only way Hamilton wins is if Max has reliability issues which if they do happen would take the gloss off the championship win anyway.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Is my maths off? Beeb saying...

"Hamilton trails Verstappen by 19 points before this weekend's Sao Paulo Grand Prix, with a maximum of 107 available over the remaining four races."

Four race wins @25 and four fastest laps was 104 when I went to school. Am I missing something?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59255558

Sprint race this weekend?

21 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Hamilton taking a penalty for a new ICU, just five place grid penalty. I don't get these rules:dontknow:

Yeah I remember the discussion earlier in regards to this. The penalty prior is 10 places correct? Seems like you might as well just get that one out the way and cop the lesser penalty 

4 minutes ago, Btay said:

Yeah I remember the discussion earlier in regards to this. The penalty prior is 10 places correct? Seems like you might as well just get that one out the way and cop the lesser penalty 

And the first one you get shunted right to the back (Lando and others last week), makes absolutely no sense to me.

4 minutes ago, Btay said:

I hope Mclaren can find some serious pace in qualifying. I see they only ran mediums on FP1 but it just looks like Ferrari are so much faster than them now.

They've certainly tailed off recently for some reason, need to find something to get 3rd in the constructors.

21 minutes ago, MikeO said:

They've certainly tailed off recently for some reason, need to find something to get 3rd in the constructors.

Yeah it’s a bit strange. Ricciardo was marginally off Sainz last week for qualifying and could have been different race completely had he managed the first corner better. 

Hopefully with softs they are somewhere closer but it’s going to be interesting.

59 minutes ago, Btay said:

Good time from Norris to start. I can only get live lap updates as I’m on site so it’s a bit hard to know exactly what’s happening 

8th and 9th so not great.

Gasly has been the man this year I think in terms of maximising the machinery he has, very impressive race after race.

9 hours ago, MikeO said:

8th and 9th so not great.

Gasly has been the man this year I think in terms of maximising the machinery he has, very impressive race after race.

Yeah I jumped the gun a bit there. Hopefully they can find a bit more in the sprint.

Gasly has been great. 

38 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think Verstappen touching the wing in parc ferme meant they needed to investigate whether him touching it had changed things enough for them to have a case.

Maybe they had to be seen to be doing that but it was bloody obvious to everyone that he barely tickled it.

Interesting to see how high Lewis can climb in the sprint, sixth I reckon.

26 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Maybe they had to be seen to be doing that but it was bloody obvious to everyone that he barely tickled it.

Interesting to see how high Lewis can climb in the sprint, sixth I reckon.

That's exactly it. I imagine Mercedes were pushing them into it.

Every chance he gets wiped out instantly with starting at the back. Things couldn't really be any worse for him and I'm sure he's fuming at his team right now.

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Was almost right, annoyingly Josh predicted fifth:dry:

Was no point in Lando fighting him on the last lap though given Lewis's penalty tomorrow.

Brilliant drive from Hamilton. That would’ve been a stroll for him today - he had so much more speed than anyone.

If he starts well tomorrow he can think about winning the race.