IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

We took about 100 kids to the pics for christmas from my school, and saw the Sherlock Holmes film. Thought it was really good, and Robert Downey Jr was spot on as Sherlock Holmes.

Rachel McAdams is also very lovely to look at.... but not in the film for long enough! sad.png

I tried to watch Sherlock last night, but 15 minutes in we got bored with it so watched something else. Is it worth sticking with? I mean, why is our legendary detective all of a sudden Bruce Lee? That's the bit I dislike about modern day producers. I always remembered murder and mystery. Not Hong Kong bloody Fuyey.

Not going out tonight, New Years Eve is just a load of over hyped fucking chicken litter, I did consider going out, but it just simply isn't worth the hassle, let other people vomit over each other and start fights and horrible disingenuous new year greetings they find obligatory to each and every person they don't know that you could swing a cat at, just don't need it, it'll soon be over anyway

That said may well be tucked up by Big Ben (that sounded a bit unsavory) ohmy.png and put on something like Reservoir Dogs or The Long Good Friday with ear plugs on and just forget about anything else, I'd rather take in a good movie this night than be out I do feel

What do you expect with ITV, they even had License To Kill on (the nastiest of the Bond franchise) on today and cut so much out there was only half the film left, putting a film of that nature on at Midday too, if you're going to do it, put it on at a more suitable time and leave it uncut for people to enjoy or when kids can't see it

I watched Monster's Ball with Halle Berry on Egyptian tv.. had the best scene removed completely!

Do we have any Sherlock (BBC) fans amongst us?

I enjoyed the last series with Benedict Cumberbatch but the guy playing Jim Moriarty is a bit too camp.

I watched Monster's Ball with Halle Berry on Egyptian tv.. had the best scene removed completely!

I enjoyed the last series with Benedict Cumberbatch but the guy playing Jim Moriarty is a bit too camp.

There ya go mate.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1294592/halle_berry_monsters_ball_uncut_sex_scene/

laugh.png

Edited by Avinalaff

YES!!!! I love it Louis, I agree with you about Moriarty though, however, i thought 'The Woman' (Adler) was a great nod to the original books :)

Its awesome!

Treasure Island on sky one, recorded it while i was at the folks for xmas and new year. Watched part one last night, was very impressed.

Watched the first one and was recording the second last night but the wife cancelled it after 76 minsshaking fist.png (to record a repeat of "My Name is Earl" while watching "Come Dine with Me"rolleyes.gif). Have to wait for the repeat next Sunday now.

I never understood this thread. Shouldn't it be called 'last film you watched' or something, that's how they usually do it.

That said, for me it Scum last night, the 1979 feature film with Ray Winstone taken from a TV version some years before

Pretty nasty viewing and definitely not for kids, seen it before a number of times and still have trouble watching the greenhouse scene and subsequent suicide near the end unsure.png , this was back in the day when Borstals were still in existence before Thatcher's conservative new broom government abolished such institutions, none of the soft as shit treatment convicts get in todays prisons with all the add ons

No this was a harsh reality, for no one who has yet seen it, and there must be some out there, try and get hold of a copy sometime and go back 30 years to a time when inmates and wrong do'ers were given the sharp end of the stick. The guards and authorities are just as much to blame watching and it's like a who's who of future names of the time that would go on to bigger things. Not an easy film to sit through wth all the racial tensions and blood etc, plus there's no sound or music either that just adds to the uncomfortable feeling. No happy ending here.

Now, where's your tool?

I never understood this thread. Shouldn't it be called 'last film you watched' or something, that's how they usually do it.

Can be whatever you want....mostly it's film or TV but feel free to interpret it however....

"I'm watching paint dry."

"I'm watching my weight."

"I'm watching my wife's sister and her friend practising their naked lesbian pole dance."

Would all be finesmile.png .

Can be whatever you want....mostly it's film or TV but feel free to interpret it however....

"I'm watching paint dry."

"I'm watching my weight."

"I'm watching my wife's sister and her friend practising their naked lesbian pole dance."

Would all be finesmile.png .

Does your wife know you're watching your weight?

One man's violence is another man's Mary Poppins

There is a scene in kill list where the killer takes a hammer to a guy tied in a chair, and sets about destroying his knees first, then his arms and hands, before putting him cheek down on the table and setting about his head with little left to the imagination. Thats 'after' they tortured him until blood was pouring from his ears. It doesn't get much more violent than that, regardless of who you are. I almost had to question if it was real. It's very disturbing, and I suggest folk view with caution. unsure.png

There is a scene in kill list where the killer takes a hammer to a guy tied in a chair, and sets about destroying his knees first, then his arms and hands, before putting him cheek down on the table and setting about his head with little left to the imagination. Thats 'after' they tortured him until blood was pouring from his ears. It doesn't get much more violent than that, regardless of who you are. I almost had to question if it was real. It's very disturbing, and I suggest folk view with caution. unsure.png

Could have been a scene from BK meets BU