IGNORED

Ashton

I've heard a few rumours that we are interested in an exchange for dean Ashton. £2m + James Beattie.

Personally, I'd snap their hands off for that.

Apparently, Ashton wants to come back up and north and Beattie wants to go down south so makes sense.

Would be a great deal.

http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/06-07/rumo...dex.asp#070604g

Read the same think, although don't really see anything in it - Although it is one rumour I hope is true, becasue I championed Ashton coming to Everton from both Crewe and then Norwich - A very very good player and would be great playing next to AJ. Very good at linking play and can score goals.

Could there be something inthis rumour - I wish!!!!!

Zed .......... That looks like a prime candidate for the "Rubbish Post Thread" :D:D

ATB, Bill.

correctamundo!!! :D

(i think ill have to put this post in the rubbish post thread too!)

(maybe tomorrow)

I was making a statement, that post is about as intelligent as the whole fooking rumour section never mind this thread, just shows how this sort of gossip spreads, its based on a rumour from a West ham fan site, that is all, there is no truth to it, no justification for it, and no substance to to

Having said that, I would be happy if it happened

I dont know why I let it get to me :angry:

Dean Ashton is to return to the north west, where he first made his name with Crewe Alexandra. A one time target for Everton it has now emerged that David Moyes is keen to now bring in the England striker, recovering from a season long injury, for £2m plus ex-England forward James Beattie. Beattie looks likely to exit Goodison Park this summer and though he has already been linked with a move to his former club Blackburn Rovers a move down south to London cannot be ruled out. An insider at West Ham said that Ashton was keen to play European football next season in order to increase his chances of making the England squad currently struggling to qualify for next summer's Euro 2008

Edited by KillaGTiR

well would love this to happen but doubt it will (fingers crossed though) be deal of the season if was pulled off.

if true that must be rating BT at about 3 mil plus the 2 mil to offer about 5 mil total because hes been injured a bit would be a fair deal (but doubt west sham are that stupid)

Guest blueboy122

i could see this happening to be honest. beattie is a quality player if he has the right fondations to work with and at west ham i think that is the right place to go to. ashton however would be an ok addition to our squad no what all he is made out to be but still would be a welcomed signing at Goodison. what about marlon harewood has been told he can leave for sumthin lik 3 million. personally i really rate this fella great frame and great in the air would work well with johnson in my opinon himor ashton would be a good signing i think.

How can you lot be believing this? We'd have to give them ATLEAST £6million plus BT for Ashton. Plus why the fuck would they switch their attentions from a quality player like AJ to BT? Dear Lord.

you sound a bit like my nan there mark! :huh:

id love this to come off, i really rate ashton, but it would just be us bending west ham over and sticking the big one up them!

cant see it to be honest

nugent's not even that great...is he your brother/lover or something because you bum him constantly

No but I have seen him play a lot last season...he is a good striker. Half the people on this forum want to sign the names branded about as good when in reality they come to England and are cr@p.

nugent's "not even that great"....so define great

who said we were believing this

and i'd say great in football terms for this position is a good top half striker who will get 15 goals and has something about them

nugent is distinctly average at everything

decent player in a poor team in a lesser league, isn't even setting it alight

who said we were believing this

and i'd say great in football terms for this position is a good top half striker who will get 15 goals and has something about them

nugent is distinctly average at everything

decent player in a poor team in a lesser league, isn't even setting it alight

thankfully, someone who agrees with me - good player in a poor team.

Vidukas wage would have been way too high.

Ashton for beattie + whatever would be excellent. Ahston is potentially a great centre forward on the brink of england team until the injury. He's slightly more proven than Nugent but either of them in our team would be great, both big lads to help AJ. Just what we need.

If it was true, it sounds like a good deal to me! I think Ashton would work very well with Johnson and both can definatly score goals- although that rings a bell, didn't we say the same thing about BT and Johnson at the start of this season?!?!

Anyway, I don't know why West Ham want to sell him with Tevez going to.......if I remember right, him being out was one of the scapegoats for them doing so badly last season!

Ashton looked like a classy forward, and in the previous season I thought he scored some fabulous goals. Plus he links play and "thinks". Almost a young Edward Sheringham ;)

To be honest, I can't see this move happening. Ashton is just too central to the longer term future of West Ham's attack, and I think Curbishley realises that, which is why Harewood can leave. And Beattie's reputation has plummeted in the last couple of seasons I'm sad to say.

If this transfer comes off, pop down to South Africa, find me and slap me with a big fish. I'd be less surprised by that!