IGNORED

Downing To Everton

Supposedly, we are lauching a bid for Stuart Downing. I know its not that good a source- but we havn't had that much to play with in recent weeks!

http://www.squarefootball.net/article/transfer.asp?tid=492

After being linked with Tottenham Hotspur for a number of years, England winger Stewart Downing is now attracting attention from Everton boss David Moyes, keen to add some width to his Toffees squad.

A cash offer of £7m plus James Beattie and Andy van der Meyde is being mooted although 'Boro remain loathe to lose a player who has come through the ranks at the Riverside Stadium and who remains an effective performer at club level, despite the criticism he has attracted in an England shirt.

I don't lke the look of that 7 Million to be honest, and we would be losing 2 of our already small squad! Yet, we do need a left winger!

Loosing Beattie and VDM isn't that bad a thing neither play very often and are both on very high wages by the standard of our club. I agree loosing two players and only getting one isn't good for squad size but we do have two very good young strikers and that that guy with Polish name that we have recently signed. I'm not going to attempt to spell his name.

heard we are bidding for 10M for downings.....Is it credible?? I doubt we have up to 10M to spent on one player alone!!!

"Toffees eye up £10m Downing

Everton are ready to test the resolve of Middlesbrough by offering a deal worth around £10million for England winger Stewart Downing.

Toffees boss David Moyes has reportedly made the 22-year-old his top summer target and is likely to offer a player-plus-cash deal to lure the wideman to Goodison Park.

Striker James Beattie and winger Andy van der Meyde could be offered as makeweights in any potential deal for Downing, who was last summer a target for Spurs.

Boro boss Gareth Southgate will be keen to keep Downing though having lost Mark Viduka to local rivals Newcastle, but Everton have been tipped to firm up their interest in the next two weeks. "

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...2415443,00.html

I am supprised at the figure mentioned!! truth/Bullocks?

Downing for 10mill. This cant be true. I dont rate him. I'd rather us get Nugent or Koumas. Actually both Nugent and Koumas may only amount to about 12 mill so give me that rather than the Downing deal.

In the past we've been nobbled at the latter satges of transfers with other clubs coming in and nabbing players. Personally I think this Downing rumour is just some sort of smokescreen to avert attention from our real target (whoever that may be).

If we can afford Downings for 10M, surely we can raise another 2M and get Fernandes in here first rather then letting WestHam get our Fernandes!!! Damn it!! Do it!!!

yeah but i have seem it saying Striker James Beattie and winger Andy van der Meyde could be offered as makeweights

plus cash deal because they have lost lost Mark Viduka to Nocastle so he many only end up costing 4m plus we free up

wages and get rid of some of the dead wood

May be a little over priced, but our left hand side is the weakest link. I would be more than happy with Downing coming to Goodison park. Over rated some say, but he is a country mile ahead of anything else we have on the left. A proper left sided player and not someone who 'can' play on the left. A signing who would go straight in to the starting 11 and would definately improve the balance of the side.

Isn't he still only 22 years, Would be a decent signing for me, as he is still going to be a £10M player for the next 5 -6 years if he just stays the same, never mind improves.

Why is everyone saying things like " oh BT and VDM and lets say 5 million for him " we cannot say things like that just becuase there both playing shite for us, they might be a bit interested in BT but VDM probly wants to go back to Holland and they havent ever shown an interest. We need to just sit back and wait instead of suggesting stupid deals that wont happen.