IGNORED

Leighton Baines -£6m

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that we can cope with Newcastle either.

If it comes down to us to (which it looks like it will) then I expect him to choose the Skunks as I am expecting them to offer more money and I think they will perform better than us this season.

Also i think that we will rely on him wanting to join us to much and not offer the same that he is getting over at the skunks.

Another one bites the dust me thinks

Im sure the club tha baines join's he will wont first team football

an im sure tha LB newcastle have jus spend millions on will want 1st team football

i dont see why banies wud want to go there noin tha they av jus bought some1

to just keep the bench worm?

then again i thought the same thing about smith

Baines will sign for us, i agree with all those comments above

if we get him our defence will be completed

concerned about our backup plan with beattie going but who knows whats going to happen this week

remember, not every player is money motivated guys....

as for baines being a red, has he actually ever come out and said he's a rs ?

Baines will sign for us, i agree with all those comments above

if we get him our defence will be completed

concerned about our backup plan with beattie going but who knows whats going to happen this week

remember, not every player is money motivated guys....

as for baines being a red, has he actually ever come out and said he's a rs ?

Yes he has, in an interview with 442

I will post this here as don't want to start a new thread just for it and don't know where else to post it.

Just been reading on the Everton site that AI is happy with the performance of a 'patched up' squad.

After losing players to small injuires and some players being un able to play (pienaer and Neville) he was saying that they played well becuase a few of the players had to play out of postion.

If the squad was not so small then would not have to worry about players playing out of position.

It was the last friendly before the start of the season and we should be looking at getting an idea of what the team will be like for the start of the season and looking at puting a good perfomance in to go into the season on a high.

Instead we get excuses before the season has even started about players out of position cos its a patched up squad.

Whats happens 10 games into the season when there are injuries, suspensions and players away on international duty

Part of being an Everton fan since 1987 has been the ups and downs, speculation and irritations in the transfer market. We haven't got a squad that will succeed on two fronts, Europe and Domestic, and by succeed I mean top 6 finish again and an extended run in Europe. It's just too light with too many people being asked to play out of position.

However, I trust in Moyesie to work miracles with the squad he has, as he has done for the past 5 years! I just wish we had shown a bit more ambition this Summer in the transfer market (up to now at least)

On the Baines thing, I really do hope he joins this week. That leftback slot was a problem last year (Lescott did a fine patchup job but we need him at CB) and to have a young England-potential toffee fan shoring up that side of things will give me great hope for the next few years.

Sounds like he wants to come to us, and that desire is worth an extra £2 million in my book.

The thing that worries me about this one is didn't all the papers say that we are going to be signing Smith and all the papers say that we are going to be signing Nugent and thay didn't happen.

Not sure when all reports say that he will choose us.