Reading

Jay Bernard

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

load of wank....

Pienaar had a few good touchs gave the ball way afew times 2

McFadden made an impact then he came on looked like scoring near had a magic one but for the wood work

Johnson ran like a horse had a few chances but was outmarked for most of the game

Arteta played ok

Osman played ok

Anichebe didnt see much of him

2half of the game i would say we was all over them but couldnt find a way passed

upset we didnt come away give a point

Arteta played ok my god are you joking he played fuking awful the worst i have ever seen the guy play 3-1 against tottenham 2-1 against wigan. Then 0-1 against Reading the whole game Everton were woeful. Everyone in Everton today played woeful. So Angry there is steam litteraly coming out of my ears :grrr: :mad: :grrr: :mad: :grrr:

Arteta played ok my god are you joking he played fuking awful the worst i have ever seen the guy play 3-1 against tottenham 2-1 against wigan. Then 0-1 against Reading the whole game Everton were woeful. Everyone in Everton today played woeful. So Angry there is steam litteraly coming out of my ears :grrr: :mad: :grrr: :mad: :grrr:

Stop being silly and calm down

Not a good overall performance.

Arteta was poor by his standards.

BUT McFadden showed enough to earn a start next game.

Pienaar showed he needs to improve a hell of a lot if he wants to get in the side. I know its early days but if thats all he has to offer he wont see much action and will be going back to Germany.

That Bikey bloke for Reading had a great game, had the measure of AJ.

Oh, and we got our first Yellow card of the season (Lescott) which seemed a bit harsh to me.

thought are full backs left us right open today valente and hibbo looked like a pair of jokers, Anchiebe went off but its not like he was doing anythink good.

thought the wiser option today would have been to bring in jags in a straight swap for yobo.

mcfadden looked bright when coming of the bench so id start him ahead of victor even if he is fit or (yak if signed)

dont ever start valente again now baines is back and fernandes should be thrown in also imo

all being said i thought we wernt good enough today but on the same note thought we were unlucky hitting the post ect and they didnt have many shots on goal either or returned the susstained amounts of preasure we put them under.

thought are full backs left us right open today valente and hibbo looked like a pair of jokers, Anchiebe went off but its not like he was doing anythink good.

thought the wiser option today would have been to bring in jags in a straight swap for yobo.

mcfadden looked bright when coming of the bench so id start him ahead of victor even if he is fit or (yak if signed)

dont ever start valente again now baines is back and fernandes should be thrown in also imo

all being said i thought we wernt good enough today but on the same note thought we were unlucky hitting the post ect and they didnt have many shots on goal either or returned the susstained amounts of preasure we put them under.

Strange about Valente, he looks ordinary but you have to think he must be decent to get in the Portugal side.

Vic had a couple of good touches but still gets knackered too quick. Probably more useful when used as a sub (which is what will happen if this Yakubu thing happens).

Bikey and Hunt were the men of the match as far as I was concerned. Both of them came up huge for Reading time and time again.

Arteta's spot kicks were mostly awful today, but during the run of play I'm not going to claim he was "horrible" as much as simply shut down by Reading's defense. We had a lot of trouble even getting him the ball, and when we did he was often under so much pressure that he had to get rid of it immediately, though he did draw several fouls too (mostly in the first half). That may have contributed to his poor spot kicks, though, since he was never able to get into a rhythm.

Liked the way McFadden played in his short stint. We were unlucky not to score off his shot or the ensuing scramble. Think I knew when he and AJ hit the posts on consecutive shots that this wasn't meant to be our day. That was probably our best stretch of the game, and no surprise it came when Reading had a player off getting treatment and the remaining ten had to back off the pressure. But McFadden also looked fresher than anyone else on our team, probably because it was his first action of the season while most of the others were out there for the third time in a week.

Silver Linings:

Hopefully this will give some fans who seemed to think we were suddenly the second coming of ManU after only two games a much-needed reality check. To point out how meaningless being top of the table is this early in the season, the table toppers after today's results are none other than that "terrible" Wigan team that some were ragging on in this forum last week.

This also opens the door for Moyes to make a couple of changes to the starting XI if he wants to. By the time Blackburn comes in next week we'll have Manny here, possibly Yakubu also, so it'll be interesting to see what the squad selection looks like.

Dissapointing reslut and underpar performance, but no real reason to get the knives out. Reading have also had a good start to the season considering the fixtures they have drawn.

Was listening to BBC Merseyside and there were some complete idiots calling in (claiming to be evertonians) blabbing on about how we should get rid of aj and he clearly isn't cutting it. Bull shit in my opion, at the moment his style of play isn't suiting him but thats becasue of a good partnership. think he will start doing better when (and if) yakubu signs. but to sya that we should get shot of him is idiotic (the person saying this was also claiming that osman deserved a england place over lampard which was a bit far fetched, probably a kopite trying to wind someone up)

Now there's surprise....get beaten and we're second game on :angry: .

MOTD running order...

Tottenham v Derby

Reading v Everton

Newcastle v Aston Villa

Wigan v Sunderland

Fulham v Middlesbrough

Portsmouth v Bolton

Birmingham v West Ham

That's just sod's law isn't it. A poor performance and we're one of the first on, but when we play well and win we're on near the end.

Who will win the league?.......Man City?....Reading?

As I type City are beating United....

I'm looking forward to that title decider...Reading v Man City...

Could be a good season for the "small"clubs....Hell even luckypool could

win the Prem this year....now that would be an upset!

I blame the Club for this loss, reports came out of Goodison at the back end of the season telling us not to expect early signings and now we know why that was.

After all the supporters moanings and the CLUB implying that we have no money it looked as if Jags was going to be the only signing, Oh but wait a minute we are due to Vote for a new stadium in august and it has now become Clear why that statement was released.

August arrives and along comes Baines for 5 million, then rumours of a 19 million pound offer for 2 players start circulating, Fernandes and Yakubu :blink: well if these players have been the targets since the window opened they should have already been signed, the club have had since January when he came on loan to do the deal for fernandes, and Yakubo should have already been signed before now.

Had this been carried out properly those two players would have been playing in this game, and although its no Guarantee i think we would have had another 3 points. So its those delaying tactics in order to give the fans the "Feelgood Factor" just to gain a few more YES votes, which has in my opinion cost us three points.

Totally out of order and totally unprofessional, the club are sinking lower and lower in my estimation, willing to sacrifice our points and our league position for the sake of a few more Votes, i will be glad when this is over and done with one way or the other, lets hope that they are both available against Blackburn or it could cost us another 3 points.

I blame the Club for this loss, reports came out of Goodison at the back end of the season telling us not to expect early signings and now we know why that was.

After all the supporters moanings and the CLUB implying that we have no money it looked as if Jags was going to be the only signing, Oh but wait a minute we are due to Vote for a new stadium in august and it has now become Clear why that statement was released.

August arrives and along comes Baines for 5 million, then rumours of a 19 million pound offer for 2 players start circulating, Fernandes and Yakubu :blink: well if these players have been the targets since the window opened they should have already been signed, the club have had since January when he came on loan to do the deal for fernandes, and Yakubo should have already been signed before now.

Had this been carried out properly those two players would have been playing in this game, and although its no Guarantee i think we would have had another 3 points. So its those delaying tactics in order to give the fans the "Feelgood Factor" just to gain a few more YES votes, which has in my opinion cost us three points.

Totally out of order and totally unprofessional, the club are sinking lower and lower in my estimation, willing to sacrifice our points and our league position for the sake of a few more Votes, i will be glad when this is over and done with one way or the other, lets hope that they are both available against Blackburn or it could cost us another 3 points.

Do you also reckon BK was on the grassy knoll?!