IGNORED

Reading

Jay Bernard

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you crazy?

moyes wont drop stubbs, i understand people want to see a new signing get a game, but stubbs has played great in the last two games, why drop him?

if anyone is likely to be dropped maybe yobo if his injury is niggling, otherwise, if it aint broke why fix it?

TBH I did put Jags in the 1st team by mistake the first one was meant to have Stubbsey in, I do agree we should keep the same team that we played Spurs with, the second one was for a bit of fun.

-----------HOWARD-------------

-HIBBO-JAGZ-STUBBS-LESSCOT-

-OSMAN-NEVILE-CARS-ARTETA-

------ANICHEBE-JOHNSON-------

Subs:

turner

baines

pienarr

fernandes (if cleared)

mcfadden

just jags filling in for yobo (if injured) otherwise same team and same bench, think even if manny is cleared moyes would want him in training for the week at least before throwing him in plus he willl have to get in line like all the others and wait for his chance.

Always worries me when everyone (by that I mean bookies and pundits) predict us to win and I think they will on this game.

Beleive its going to be a hard game and think we will do well to get a draw.

Think they will come out all guns blazing after having to play Utd and Chelski in the first 2 games and will think this is a good chance to get 3 points.

Can see AJ scoring this game and maybe fancy Arteta to get one as well but think they will be goals get us level each time so going for a 2 v 2

I see we are 5/4 to be top after this weekend still

i think we will win 1.0,

you not rekon that if manny comes in, in time that he could go 4-5-1 with manny, arteta and osman jus behind AJ

give big Vic a rest looked shattered against spurs! but i guess it could be better to still play him cas he's in form.

i jus think they'll attack us and the extra man in the mid would jus help cancel them out in the first half. they've been defensive last 2 games jus can't seem them doing it again!!

Was watching a repeat of the Readin Chelski game, and thought reading were guite good

Dont think this will be easy

Understandably all our expectations are high and rightly so, I imaging the team will be buzzing too

Sure well start with the same team, unless there is an injury.

Always worries me when everyone (by that I mean bookies and pundits) predict us to win and I think they will on this game.

Bookies have Reading as slight favourites (LINK)so no need to panic :D .

I agree with Rob on this. Clean sheet first priority and if we can do that there's every chance we'll win.

Ok Reading are quite an underrated side this game is going 2 be very close and one of the competitive games will have 2 play all season

Many people say Reading have the same playing style as us i think its going to be a 1 all draw i hope the blues can prove me wrong but i have a good feeling we will have a great season in the prem and europe

Carsley to score evertons goal ;)

COYB!!!!!

I'm officially getting excited now - I checked the TV listings for tomorrow here in Maryland and Fox Soccer Channel is showing our game live at 10 AM, so it'll be my first chance to see the lads in action this season! Hopefully it'll be another performance to celebrate.

Edited by JD in DC

Coppell saying nice stuff about us....

"At the moment they are the best 'team'. They are top of the table - and in the two games they have had they were very, very good.

"They have good players who have obviously been prepared well in the summer and are looking forward to the campaign. They were sixth last season, which was a great achievement, and they will be looking onwards and upwards to break into that elite group of teams."

....also pointed out that Reading have ten players off on international duty after the game, so they're no mugs.

-----------HOWARD-------------

-HIBBO-JAGZ-STUBBS-LESSCOT-

-OSMAN-NEVILE-CARS-ARTETA-

------ANICHEBE-JOHNSON-------

Subs:

turner

baines

pienarr

fernandes (if cleared)

mcfadden

just jags filling in for yobo (if injured) otherwise same team and same bench, think even if manny is cleared moyes would want him in training for the week at least before throwing him in plus he willl have to get in line like all the others and wait for his chance.

How can Fernandes be in your squad when we havent even signed him and wont for another day at least?

Valente in for Yobo :huh: , otherwise unchanged, with this bench...

30 Ruddy, 03 Baines, 11 McFadden, 16 Jagielka, 20 Pienaar

Why not Baines or Jags I wonder (for Joey)?

At least we'll have Joley back in the centre, but I'd have rather have left him at LB and played Jags at CB. I don't think this has sent a very good message to Jags IMO.

everton

Howard

5 Lescott

15 Stubbs

18 Neville

2 Hibbert

19 Nuno Valente

6 Arteta

21 Osman

26 Carsley

28 Anichebe

8 Johnson