IGNORED

Metalist Kharkiv

Sandman

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pip right back

I dont belive how anyone can say he's good enough for us anymore, he's fucking shite.

Worst performance I can ever remember, Jagielka on the bench shows how much moyes no's about europe, I dont care what anyone says Neville adds fuck all experience.

Carsley was better than Neville and look who was the one who went off. Moyes either drop Neville or fuckoff because were not getting anywhere when he plays

We lost the game in the midfield as I knew we would when I heard our midfield, but we were missing alot of our mids.

head up A.J lad his confidence is probably lower than Beatties last season and he was still one of our best players, shouldnt of took that second penalty tho.

Yobo Baines and Lescott were probly our only decent players, they all played well.

WHY PLAY THE LONG BALL AGAINST A TERRIBLE TEAM LIKE THEM :angry: :angry:

:angry:

Edited by Blue4Ever

enough of that talk for starters.....one bad result and all of a sudden its out with moyes and in with peter reid

ffs get a grip

im as annoyed as the next evertonian by bashing the manager isnt the answer. it wasnt his fault AJ cant smash the ball home for 18 yds !! the long ball tactic was awful tonight but we still created enough chances to bury them out of sight.

roll on two weeks time when they will have two reserve centre backs playing, got to keep the confidence up

one big low point, what the hell is going on with the yak ? he joined us coz he wanted to play in europe and didnt bother turning up tonight, thanks mr yak

and hibbo can fuck off

hibbo out, pip right back and for god sake get tommy g back in centre mid !!

we will have them in two weeks when tommy g and mikey arteta are back

Or even 12 yards ;)

Moyes was a defender and you have to admit our defence is generally good. But its attacking where we look crap. Perhaps get a coach in to sort that out. Irvine was not a great player and probably a worse coach.

If we have Gravesen and Arteta in for the return leg I will be quietly confident but the other players still have to step up a level from that debacle tonight.

The long ball tactic should not exist at Goodison, especially against the likes of Metallist.

okay i'm going to have a go at ratings, and i am REALLY pissed off so they arent gonna be kind.

wessels - 6. didnt have many clear saves to make.

hibbert - 1. fucking joke, doubt any other prem team would play him.

yobo - 8. one of the few who impressed today, thought he looked solid.

lescott - 4. besides the goal suprisingly shaky.

baines - 8. the only other player who performed.

osman - 5. ineffective.

neville - 1. is he paying moyes to play him? how can moyes not see that he is complete shite?

carsley - 1. did fuck all, let the metalist midfield walk all over him.

mcfadden - 2. shit. we must have a different mcfadden than the one scotland get.

yakubu - 1. lazy bastard, doubt he touched the ball more than 5 times, didnt look interested.

johnson - 4. was having a good game til the pens. dont think i need to say more.

subs:

jagielka - 4. had little effect.

anichebe - 5. won the pens but his first touch isnt good.

some serious deals need to be done in january, the midfield is way too weak, we looked like a fucking joke.

Edited by The_Sandman

okay i'm going to have a go at ratings, and i am REALLY pissed off so they arent gonna be kind.

wessels - 6. didnt have many clear saves to make.

hibbert - 1. fucking joke, doubt any other prem team would play him.

yobo - 8. one of the few who impressed today, thought he looked solid.

lescott - 4. besides the goal suprisingly shaky.

baines - 8. the only other player who performed.

osman - 5. ineffective.

neville - 1. is he paying moyes to play him? how can moyes not see that he is complete shite?

mcfadden - 2. shit. we must have a different mcfadden than the one scotland get.

yakubu - 1. lazy bastard, doubt he touched the ball more than 5 times, didnt look interested.

johnson - 4. was having a good game til the pens. dont think i need to say more.

subs:

jagielka - 4. had little effect.

anichebe - 5. won the pens but his first touch isnt good.

some serious deals need to be done in january, the midfield is way too weak, we looked like a fucking joke.

We did let everyone down but the idea was there and your markings are harsh to say the least, Metalist managed a draw on luck alone...

Wessels - 8. Made at least two good saves and bar one bad ball out his distribution was perfect.

Hibbert - 6. First half he gave the ball away, not convinced like many but 2 years back he was the best in the box, big day and i understand his inclusion

Yobo - 8. Always quality

Lescott - 7. Good game again, well taken header, moved up the pitch well, got caught out due to bad tactics not bad performance

Baines - 7. Not his best game but you can see the quality, some good years to come

Osman - 6. In spells our best player, but sadly does not seem to find enough time to create. Two good moves of skill and a good strike on goal

Neville - 6. Not a match winner but several important tackles and half decent balls to the box, like it or not he would be missed...

Carsley - 5. Worked hard but vanished after about 35mins...end of days maybe...

McFadden 4. Bad game for a talented player, nice shot late but too sloppy with the ball tonight..

Yakubu - 5. A little lackluster at times but closed down more than v Utd, words have been had, sadly this tired him early...

Johnson - 6. Feel sorry for this man, should not have had to retake the pen, after a pen like that he would have scored the next.

subs:

Jagielka - 6. Worked hard but too late intro.

Anichebe - 6. Battled well, won a pen that was not after 2 that were not given, shot was stronger than Yak.

All in all we are not there yet but making the right moves I think.......Here is to better fortune in two weeks time....

Edited by Galea

God hates Everton. I just knew that AJ shouldn't have taken the 3rd penalty and maybe not even the retake, his confidence is shot at the mo and would've preferred Faddy to take it. Let's hope lessons have been learned about playing in Europe don't take any team for granted - loved Victor's commitment though!

in response to blue4ever - i only see the need for one ball winner and one only. jags is the only one we need.

im going to make this my only reply in here then blank myself away into a dark corner.

david moyes has just cust us this game.

his tactic and formation were shocking! last saturday we matched man utd, one of the best teams in europe/the world, the champions of our league, man for man. they beat us from a set piece as from open play they got nothing from us. the team that played against united, with or without arteta, should have been more than enough to take this game. i wasnt all for thinking this side would be a walk over, but we should have had at least a 3-0 after seeing this side play. but i havent watched the last few games this side has played. david moyes has. he should have known they would not be a match for us, using our usual style of play. id like to ask david moyes why he would use a systme we havent tried before in one of our most important games in recent times. id like top know why he dropped one of our best performing midfielders this season in jags. id like to know where the fuck our three forwards were supposed to be playing, id like to ask did the three forwards actually know themself. id like to know if this tie was all about us then why did we change to try to suit them.

id also like to voice my support for andy johnson. the guy hasnt scored for 12 games, he showed enough bottle to step up and slot away a perfrectly good penalty. then tried to correct the wrongs by stepping up again. i genuinely feel sorry for the guy right now. still a hero in my eyes, and with the heart to match. unlucky lad.

a few people are calling on yak - sorry, when on the ball yak looked dangerous, the problem was most of the time he was on the wing in this fucking stupid 3man front line! he didnt score all them goals playing on the fucking wing david!!!

and finally id like to say, david moyes, you got it wrong big time! i hope you can pull yourself out of the shit, you've got two weeks to come up with a plan. get working on it!

Edited by StevO

Carsley did fuck all?? Wasnt it he that ran into the box causing the 1st pen to be disallowed? Good old Carsley.

Or was it Osman? I'm confused!

Somewhere else it said Anichebe. Can someone tell me because I dont feel like watching it again.

Edited by Ex-Pat-Sefton

it is unfortunate the Yak was off for both pens as i believe only our tim howard has saved a yak pen, (in england definalty so) Carsley was Headless kept getting caught ahead of the ball,

Why didnt we bring that kid from swindon on? it was Jags and Victor who came on right? that was it,

AJ Head up lad. please keep your faith in yourself, i for one believe in you, and am sorry for hibbert carsley and neville wasting your talent, hoofing hopeful long balls upfield

Generally thought, once we scored they came into the game that shows the lack of a decent DM (defensive mid) we should have shut them off at the source and starved them, buuuuuutttt ohhhhh nooo we must play defence, i'm so angry especially since tottenham won 6-1 and me best mate is a yid,

Though on reflection get tommy back for the away leg, he'll win it for us, we just must take our anger out on villa.

Bloody Hell, I got up at 5am to watch that crap. Its now 4pm in Melbourne and Ive been pissed off all day.

I know its only 1-1 and all to play for etc but that really was fucking disappointing today (excuse the language).

The best thing about living out here now is that I dont have to put up with any reds giving plenty of stick. I dont miss that and dont envy you lot going to work (or school) on the Friday.

We desperately needed someone to put their foot on the ball in midfield and the only players that'll do that for us are Arteta and Tommy G. I hope they are both fit and start in the 2nd leg.

Edited by Ex-Pat-Sefton

I dont belive how anyone can say he's good enough for us anymore, he's fucking shite.

Worst performance I can ever remember, Jagielka on the bench shows how much moyes no's about europe, I dont care what anyone says Neville adds fuck all experience.

Carsley was better than Neville and look who was the one who went off. Moyes either drop Neville or fuckoff because were not getting anywhere when he plays

We lost the game in the midfield as I knew we would when I heard our midfield, but we were missing alot of our mids.

head up A.J lad his confidence is probably lower than Beatties last season and he was still one of our best players, shouldnt of took that second penalty tho.

Yobo Baines and Lescott were probly our only decent players, they all played well.

WHY PLAY THE LONG BALL AGAINST A TERRIBLE TEAM LIKE THEM :angry: :angry:

:angry:

suprised ur still calling themterrible when fact is wedidn't create much at all and they sliced through us.....for an away team they gave it a good go, and probably deserved the result

hate to sayi told you so, but maybe next time you will pay the opposition you know nothing about a bit more respect.

We did let everyone down but the idea was there and your markings are harsh to say the least, Metalist managed a draw on luck alone...

Wessels - 8. Made at least two good saves and bar one bad ball out his distribution was perfect.

Hibbert - 6. First half he gave the ball away, not convinced like many but 2 years back he was the best in the box, big day and i understand his inclusion

Yobo - 8. Always quality

Lescott - 7. Good game again, well taken header, moved up the pitch well, got caught out due to bad tactics not bad performance

Baines - 7. Not his best game but you can see the quality, some good years to come

Osman - 6. In spells our best player, but sadly does not seem to find enough time to create. Two good moves of skill and a good strike on goal

Neville - 6. Not a match winner but several important tackles and half decent balls to the box, like it or not he would be missed...

Carsley - 5. Worked hard but vanished after about 35mins...end of days maybe...

McFadden 4. Bad game for a talented player, nice shot late but too sloppy with the ball tonight..

Yakubu - 5. A little lackluster at times but closed down more than v Utd, words have been had, sadly this tired him early...

Johnson - 6. Feel sorry for this man, should not have had to retake the pen, after a pen like that he would have scored the next.

subs:

Jagielka - 6. Worked hard but too late intro.

Anichebe - 6. Battled well, won a pen that was not after 2 that were not given, shot was stronger than Yak.

All in all we are not there yet but making the right moves I think.......Here is to better fortune in two weeks time....

No, He really wouldn't, I bet anyone if we drop Neville for one game we will win that match, He's a match loser in my eyes, he shit himself when that bird was on the pitch coming out for the second half the puff haha.

you should be proud, your players came here and done their job, and did it well. in all honesty, i think we are capable of going to kharkiv and winning, but i dont think we will. i wonder if your suspended players will be missed or do you have back up players who are good enough?

No doubt the injuries we had in the last day or so really disrupted us, so the tactics employed where slightly 'unauthodox' for our Moyes - He took his chance on the line up and formation and went for a good win. I think taking everything in to consideration the outcome of the whole match hinged around on moment - The ref disallowing AJ first penalty. Simply as that. Allow it and we are 2-0 up and in all likleyhood shut them out and possibly get a goal or two more.

It wasn't a decent performance, but missing our most creative midfeilders on a night when playing a defending team was never going to be pretty. Play was sloppy at times, but in the main we did have most of the ball and chances and they where limited to a handful of counter attacks. It's not as if we where made to look second best in our own back yard by this team. We where a little disjoined playing a unfamiliar system - not a crisis.

The missed penatly retake obviousely effected the whole time - and AJ in particular

One positive in my opinion to take from this game. We have to go to their place looking for a result (and we do have the players capable of getting a result) rather than going and playing the 'defending a one goal lead' tactics - which can often lead to a team becoming unstuck.

The Mentalists can now only lose the tie in a fortnights time as they are currently ahead with the away goal. There approach to the game and our apprach will be totally different. Oh, and they will be without two of their first choice defenders in a fortnights time. And they have still not played against Arteta, so he will still be a little of an unknown quantity to them

Big question - Can we get a result away ? Simple answer is we have to - So at least the team will go in to the game like any other -trying to get a result.

Edited by StevO
double post

Fucking rubbish.

There is no excuse.

I never want to see Nevill played in midfield again. It get's my goat that he is in the team for "experience". When does he show this though? Hopeless long punts to their centre halves and where are the team hudles and trying to inspire the team?

Arghh! I'm so angry. Yakubu looks rubbish too.

MOYES LISTEN TO ME. THE RETURN TEAM IS:

Howard

Jags Lescott Yobo Baines

Arteta Cahill Gravesen Osman

AJ Anichebe

I don't care if Yak cost a billion. Anichebe has way more impact and deserves his chance.

Carsley did fuck all?? Wasnt it he that ran into the box causing the 1st pen to be disallowed? Good old Carsley.

Or was it Osman? I'm confused!

Somewhere else it said Anichebe. Can someone tell me because I dont feel like watching it again.

i dunno i heard it was mcfadden first, then heard it was anichebe.... i think it was a few of them.

This is going to be only post in this thread, because I think I'll get pissed off and start smashing things if I have to think about last night again.

WTF was Moyes thinking? Is he clueless? Playing Carsley ahead of Jagielka is suicidal, the twat spent all of his time ball watching and generally doing fuck all but go backwards. Why play the long ball? Moyes must be telling them to do it, theres just no other explanation for it. It played right into their hands. They knew how to pass the ball, and do you know what else? They did it with style and pace. Two things we know absolutely nothing about. Why do we get the ball and stop it, then look about and then play it backwards? We never do anything with any speed, and it gives the opposition time to regroup. Also once again, our movement and support play were atrocious. Our players constantly stand about waiting for something to happen, rather than supporting the player with the ball and making something happen. Sort it out Moyes or people will lose faith in you, if they havn't already.

Four players I thought were especially poor - Carsley, Hibbert (do fuck off), Osman (was he even playing?), and Neville. One of them (Osman) can be a good player on his day, so I won't be too pissed with him. But the other three, LEAVE PLEASE. I can't really complain about Yakubu's performance really, he was having balls hoofed up to him that he just couldn't win and the only way for him to get the ball at his feet was to come INTO HIS OWN FUCKING HALF to get it off the defenders. That sets alarm bells ringing in my head, I don't know about anyone else. I can't complain with Faddy either, he was the only one who showed that he wanted to move forward with the ball at his feet. Yes, sometimes he lost the ball but he should be commended for having a go, not slaughtered. Lescott, I thought, had his worst game for us. He was all over the place IMO. Yobo was solid, and deserves a lot of praise. Baines was MOTM once again, superb lad, keep it up. Hibbert was caught ball watching time and time again when there were opposition players behind him. I felt like running on the pitch and murdering the stupid fuck. Surely even Blue4ever can't defend his performance last night?

I feel sorry for AJ, his only chances in the game, due to our ineptitude, were the penalties. Slots the first one home superbly, and then thanks to our own players being dickheads he has to retake it and misses. Cheers to all those who ran into the box, you fucked us over. He should never have taken the penalty right at the end of the game, Mcfadden probably should have had it or anyone that can take a penalty really.

Congrats must go to Metallist, you outplayed us last night (even with 9 men). You showed us how to play football. Maybe we should approach your manager to give Moyes some tips on how to create an attacking team who have a bit of style about them.

I take it Moyes did a sh*t job last night than with his tactics.

Some may think me ignorant or whatever, but tactics were always going to be tough last night, against a team we havn't played against.

And also at the above post, what are you thinking? Carsley, Hibbers and Neville, are all important(ish) to the teams success this year.

Grasping at straws of comfort.....at least there's the possiblity of recovery in the second leg (unlike last time). Metalist were not as poor as people thought they'd be, they'd played the ball around well (like Mark said) and with pace, they closed us down quickly, played above themselves probably. No excuses, we still should have won comfortably and had the first pen been allowed sure we would have done (Vic was one step inside the box along with several Metalist players...I've watch the replay 100 times...the defenders encroached on the saved one as well, so it should have been taken a third time).

Don't know what else to say, completely gutted. We have to turn it round in Kharkiv. Simple.