IGNORED

Aston Villa (and Do We Care)

Ex-Pat-Sefton

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is plenty to learn from today's game....Villa deserves it for they were tight and were always the first to the second ball.......We use to be the first to second ball and this season we seems to be ball watching!! what da fick are we not going for the second half...??? And whenever we have a free kick why do we always take ages to take it? why dont we take a quick one and catch them with supprise?? third, we do need a real creative midfielder...!! this is what happens when we reply only on Arteta!!!... i am pissed but credit to Villa! Fuckin players better wake up!!!!

Baines is awsome again here . him and lescott and yobo need a good RB and wed be a much tighter defence .

we miss arteta and cahill so much

please fuck neville and hibbo off

Hibbert is shocking. Why cant we just drop him. His distribution is atrocious. Why am I posting this....We already know this - Because it pisses me off he still starts EVERY FUCKING GAME. :angry:

I believe this is a very poor preformance, Neville has had a poor one, Hibbert has had a suprisingly ok one, but apart from that poor game. AJ tried his best but alas Villa are a very tight unit. Lets hope we completely smash Sheff Wed everywhere after this preformance.

Lets face it the players and the fans need the confidence back.

Quite agree we all need confidence back startin with Sheff Wed or it could go horribly wrong like 2005/6. Just praying for Tim and Mikky to be back soon

i hate phil neville. dont care if it was his fault, i hate him anyway, he is a fucking joke.

Took the words out my mouth, I havent seen the same but im sure he does his usual thing in midfield, if we had any other manager in the premiership Neville wouldnt be center midfield, I wouldnt even have him fullback he's a discrase of a captain any good person would realise and say" moyes if you think anyone else in our team is worthy of a go at captain dont hesitate to try them, maybe I wouldnt play because of it then " :rolleyes: .

As soon as I heard he was center mid I knew we would lose, we need at least 2 Midfielders then we would have a decent team.

If moyes isnt out there looking for a centermidfielder he is a joke, but im sure we will get some one in january. <_<

Edited by Blue4Ever

i dont actually think hibbo was that bad today, i know he has been in other games but today there was far worse. osman, neville, johnson, anichebe, jagielka for starters.

He's not a bad player mate, if Were gunna play Jagielka in midfield he's our best rightback, he does need to work on playing less long balls but when we get a midfielder that is comforatble on the balls we wont hit it long because we would have a player confident of keeping posession and wanting to make things happen to take the ball off Hibbo and Yobo, he does look around but if no1 asks for the ball he isnt the best player running with the ball so he's got no option to hoof it up, he actually does that quite well because it usually goes chest or head height for the striker to carry on, im fed up of defending Hibbo he's not shite like people make it out to be!

The thing with us is, if Arteta doesn't play well....Everton don't play well. So if he isn't here there s virtualy no chance of us winning; and for fucks sake why isn't Lecott or Carsley captain? Neville is a fuckin joke.

Edited by The Famous EFC

I keep hearing on here and other Everton forums that Jagielka is playing well and

looks the business......But read in the press and other reports that he's short of the mark,

and not really looking prem quality?

I know he needs to settle in a new team and he needs a chance....but who's right

about his present form...Those with Blue tinted glasses or the "experts" of the press?

I keep hearing on here and other Everton forums that Jagielka is playing well and

looks the business......But read in the press and other reports that he's short of the mark,

and not really looking prem quality?

I know he needs to settle in a new team and he needs a chance....but who's right

about his present form...Those with Blue tinted glasses or the "experts" of the press?

This would be the same press that think Jenas, Brown etc are good players? I don't need to say anything more than that mate.

well tbh i thought this would probably be a hard game for us given the wide play and pace villa have,thats just something we cant deal with in abundance, personally im looking forward to sheff wed and even the middlesbrough game to get through that round and get another 3points,so tbh im not too disappointed with this (although after watching MOTD later i may have to change my mind) where we even up for the game?i managed to listen to the first 15mins of the second half and we seemed to batter them,then gabby scored on the break and thats all i managed to listen to!

This would be the same press that think Jenas, Brown etc are good players? I don't need to say anything more than that mate.

Brown is shite, still gets a call up, so is Neville he gets a call up. Just shows how much of a joke Steve Mc is.

Jenas is a decent player tho, better than anything we have at the moment in midfield.

David Moyes was far from happy with his team's defending at Villa Park.

In a game of few chances, Aston Villa triumphed 2-0 after Everton's backline lapsed in either half.

John Carew capitalised on a poor clearance and then Gabriel Agbolahor raced through a hesitant defence to score the second.

Moyes told evertonTV: "If you concede goals like we do and can't score at the other end then it's a recipe for disaster.

"We didn't clear the first one, there was a slip in the box and maybe the goalie could have saved it as well."

Article continues below

Moyes said he believed the second Villa goal may have been offside, but preferred to focus on the Blues' defending.

"I think when it leaves to goalkeeper's foot it may have been off," he said. "But you play to the referee's whistle, that is what you teach children.

"Our centre halves have got to get back and not wait for the linesman's flag."

And the Everton chief said he had no worries about leaving out record signing Yakubu from the start.

"It wasn't a hard decision," said Moyes."We have good players. I pick what I see and I will continue to do so."

Nothing about the midfield display <_<

i managed to listen to the first 15mins of the second half and we seemed to batter them,then gabby scored on the break and thats all i managed to listen to!

The only report I've seen was a short one on the internet match center......it seemed to

indicate that we more than matched Villa, but couldn't/didn't put away our chances!

So Villa aren't a bad team....and if we were firing at the moment and had a midfield of

any use then we wont be far away from a good team...ie matched(so they say) Man Utd

and now Villa.....just can't score!....Arteta, vaughan, Cahill and Gravo to come(one day!)

plus AJ will score soon and the YAK....Will one day be fit!!......MAYBE A COUPLE OF GOALS

IN THERE SOMEWHERE!

The same match centre also gave Jagielka only a five....the lowest Everton player, thats

what my earlier post was about.......What's he like?...any good?...I haven't really seen

him yet.

wot the fuck happened today after the uefa cup you would have fort he would have left nevile and hibbert out of the game 2day as they were shit on thursday so y the hell start them then we go two nil down and bring to strikers off for two on surely we shuda left them all on and try and score wot a joke and sum bad choices

I don't realy get involved in slagging the team no matter how badly they play but I'v just listened to Moyes on the radio saying we cant complain about loosing after defending the way we did for the 2 goals. He may well have a point that the defending wasnt up to scratch for the goals but in doing that he's slagging off the only 3 players who got out of bed yesterday, yobo, lescott & baines!

Is he realy that stupid or does he think we are too stupid to see? The problem with our team yesterday wasnt the defence it was the midfield we were non-existant right across the middle, Neville was shite again, osman was realy poor, piennar was constantly pushed off the ball because he was getting no support whatsoever & Jags spant most of the afternoon running around like a headless chicken cos he was the only player actually getting involved across the middle.

I'm getting tired of Moyes picking the sides he does and then blaming other things when it doesnt work. He picked Neville in midfield again, he picked Hibbo at right back, he played 2 lightweight players in a piss poor midfield, he starved the service to the strikers with his wank team selection and he couldnt see what was happening even though thousands of Evertonians in the stand could. Then to top off a fine managerial display he looked at a team with a huge hole at right back and a midfield camped in their own half getting forced off the ball and decided he would change the strikers. Wow Davey that was a master stroke now we've got 2 different strikers up front getting absolutly no service.

Hibbo & Osman off, Neville to right back Cars into centre mid & McFudge on the wing replacing Ossie. Even if you dont like cars that was the change to make yesterday not a straight swap 2 strikers for 2 strikers. Whay can't our leader see the obvious?

£55,000 per week? If I made the same mistake consistantly in my job I'd be looking on £80 per fortnight or whatever they pay on the dole these days!!

ooooh, i've come back to a lot of discontent.

Just caught up on most of the weeks posts and really cant add anything to them, most of the probs have been well covered, but would just like to say the two things that did catch my eye when i saw the Games ........

1. The most inept and laziest performance i've ever seen from an EVERTON centre forward in 50 years. (Bring back Beattie).

2. For those people whose sole argument is the dislike for the long ball ..... Agbonlahors goal.

Keepers punt upfield from 60 yards, a ten yard sprint past a flat footed defender, ball instantly controlled and slid past the keeper in one slick move, a great goal.

It works, and everybody plays it during games.

Again, don't think Everton where as bad as everybody is making out - Villa had a couple of shoots on target and scored two goals - Not like Villa (who are a decent enough team - They beat Chelsea 2-0 didn't they) where all over us at home.

The two goals did come from a couple of defensive errors - so think you can blame the defence for conceeding the two goals.

There were 2 goals between us on the scoresheet but not in the performance of the two teams.

It's no co-incidence that two poorish performances (by our new standards) come at the same time as our two times player of the season is in the treatment room. We lacked a certain creativinty in the last third of the pitch and the confidence that comes with that.

We can analise backwards and forwards as much as we like. But one of the things I was talking about last summer was bring in proper cover for Arteta - As he is the ONE person that we really can't do without. That's why I would have liked Koumas in our squad, as he can pick a decent pass and deliver good crosses and set pieces - Would have had hin ahead of Osman anyday.

We are only a ordinary mid table team without the creative force of Arteta.

just watched the highlight on evertontv. im sure they are probably edited biased (if possible) but it looked like we played good football.

credit to martin o'neill. hes built a squad full of pace, the speed they break with is imense!

agbonlahors goal was quality, great touch, pace and composed finish. carew got the luck of the ball in the box, it happens.

i just hope we can get a confidence boosting win on wednesday

Moyes wont admit he's made the wrong decision playing Neville in midfield for the last 2 games it pisses me off, he licks his ass why not drop him or at the very worst case play him fullback.

And with Arteta, Gravs and Cahill injured who do you put in our midfeild in his place who will do a 'better' all round job??

I still cant believe that Jagielka cant get into our team at the mo, Moyes is an idiot.

And i'm sure Anderson Da Silva could equal if not better some midfield performances i've seen this season, and is it really going to improve Da Silva's play by loaning him out to play for BARNSLEY FFS. I say again Moyes is an Idiot.

I still cant believe that Jagielka cant get into our team at the mo, Moyes is an idiot.

And i'm sure Anderson Da Silva could equal if not better some midfield performances i've seen this season, and is it really going to improve Da Silva's play by loaning him out to play for BARNSLEY FFS. I say again Moyes is an Idiot.

:lol:

Post of the day has to go to you Bill. I agree fully.