IGNORED

The Derby

Sandman

He used his hand and unfortunately he's not our GK.

I bet your someone who goes on about how RS fans can never be honest about their team, your exactly the same. An embarrassment is what you are.

it was a pretty good save actually! anyway, let's just look forward to the next game - Cahill/Grav should be back and once they are Arteta better buck up his ideas as he has been failrly non-existent this season. When he had the ball he used it well and his set-pieces and work-rate were good yesterday, but he also was guilty of dallying when we were in dangerous positions. On a brighter note, Yakubu worked a little harder and showed some moments of class, Anichebe on the other hand just isn't good enough yet. He has the raw attributes but not the skill levels, he could make up for this with workrate but he doesn't even work particularly hard, he doesn't look in the same league as Vaughan so far. We must start picking up results now, let's just hope we have some good cup runs and that we're in or about the top 6. At the end of the day the top 4 look pretty much guaranteed so this season I'm looking for us to have good cup runs, challenge for top 6 and consolidate our position as one of the best teams in the league and add some GENUINE quality into our ever improving squad. All we need is a real quality CM, our team will transform over night.

The most pleasing aspect of yesterday is that 99% of the time we defended as a team, the midfield sat in front of the defence, we were solid and then tried to pinch some goals. With the CM we have had playing this season that is really the best we could hope for. Felt a bit sorry for Pienaar and Baines, but I can understand Moyes wanting to have some height in his team against Liverpool so that's why Baines was out and I assume Osman was in for his workrate. Just a real shame we didn't get a result, it would have been a huge boost especially as we rested a few players who will surely come back in next game (Cahill/McFadden etc).

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dust has settled on another Monty Python game of football!

You couldn't write that script!

1st pen.Contact just outside the box!...The massive captain fantastic goes down like a sack of shit!

REF thinks"I'm not too sure about the pen!....I'll give the defender a yellow card!....OH no you wont, said Gerrard give him a red!!

Kuyt tries to cut Neville in half......Ref!Thinks two footed challange eeerrrmmm I know YELLOW card!

Carrigher tries to mount Lescott in the last min......Ref bottles it, play on!!

BUT!!..............Although they were missing a couple of players so were we!and except for the first ten mins and the last few when the 10 men were struggling, we were the better team...

..and thats with Neville and Jags in midfield.

In a few weeks time if were lucky....add Baines, Pienaar, Gravo, Cahill, Vaughan to the mix plus a new right back and midfielder in Jan and there's no way we'll be anything like outside

top 6/7.

The problem with the fist pen is there is contact but when you see the camera angle from behind gerarse puts his leg out and WINS the pen.

Bit suprised with carra's over reaction at the final whistle

Did it show you on the telly all the RS with tesco bags with balloons in and their banner "One city, one team blah blah blah

If you know your history bastard sons of Everton

I disagree with a few things you said, Hibbert for me was one of our most commited players and always is in the Derby matches, ok he was beaten a few times but so was everyone else. And he was left exposed on numerous occasions who was supposed to be in front of him on the wing.?

Gerrard inched his way in front of hibbo to make sure there was going to be contact, but hibbert did not foul him in any way, if you look back at it, the contact was made by each others knees coming together. And whose idea was it to leave Hibbert exposed on the halfway line, any one of the THREE centre halves would have attacked that ball and headed it away.

Jagielka will now come in and make the fullback position his own so we have no probs there.

I see you failed to mention Arteta, was he playing.?? another below par performance from the man who has the ability and the skill, but chose once again not to get involved. Whats going on with him.?

Baines Dropped for Stubbs, Pienaar dropped for Jagielka, Osman brought in because of his better defensive workrate, Once more DAVID MOYES has that dont lose attitude in his team tactics and selections, instead of going out FOR A HOME GAME with the Lets win this attitude.

A disappointing Day and we have now won only 4 of 10 league games, lost four of the last five because we are going out defending and hoping Lescott can pinch a goal, i would rather get beat knowing at least we are having a go, I still blame Moyes Selections and tactics for the bad season we are having, and unless he changes his attitude it will get worse.

Just my slant on it.

Agree with everything there Licker.

Jagielka-------Yobo---------Lescott--------Baines << How the defense should be for the next 3 games.

I thought Osman played well yesterday, I was pissed off Pienaar was dropped but Osman done a good job. It would be decent if Cahill or Graveson can play our next game.

Arteta-------Cahill/Grav-------Carsley-----------Pienaar

Yakubu was one of our best players yesterday, moyes definatly got him up for the game untill about 3 quarters of the game gone he was nakerd. He does need to improve his fitness but when he does that he should make a decent partnership with A.J or Vaughan.

Id be quite confident we would win all our next 4 games if we play that team

Edited by Blue4Ever

The problem with the fist pen is there is contact but when you see the camera angle from behind gerarse puts his leg out and WINS the pen.

Bit suprised with carra's over reaction at the final whistle

Did it show you on the telly all the RS with tesco bags with balloons in and their banner "One city, one team blah blah blah

If you know your history bastard sons of Everton

It's clear he WINS the pen, he's a past master at it (see link). In every one of them he produces that sprawling, legs buckle beneath me dive the CHEATING TWAt!!!!

I am proud of the way we pulled together being 2 down. However I am in disaggrement with some of you because looking forward into the season and Europe, I feel like we need more work improving our passing game and more consistent attacking power.

I wasnt that upset because we lost by penalties and ten down.

This might piss off some of you, but at one point they are barraging our goal and had a lot of good shots on our goal.

we need that ability to keep possession of the ball for an extended period of time and bang them like crazy.

I am happy to see yakubu showing some fitness and effort and tap into his lethal potential.

I am glad that Moyes is making him earn his place and I think the more he sits on the bench the more dangerous he will be when let loose on the field.

Overall it wasnt that bad of match. We are having a slow start to this season because Moyes is trying to figure out the different players and the best configurations.

Laugh or cry time here....not read any of this thread yet but....

The Derby, in my head, was last Sunday. Don't ask me why, I even set the Sky+ for MOTD2 before I went on holiday....I even looked at boards outside bars in the resort to check the KO time (2.45 local), but not the day, so imagine my horror when I walked into a bar on Saturday at about 4.30 to see 1-1 with about 78mins on the clock. I was stunned, then I got more stunned by the closing minutes, followed by anger and disbelief....at what had happened but more importantly that I'd missed it :angry: .

And I had no-one to talk to about it :crying_anim: .

Then the great Dixie in the sky sent me an Evertonian to mourn with on a plane on Sunday. She was on her honeymoon (with a Scunthorpe supporter) but we talked each other through it so hopefully I've not done myself any permanent psychological damage.

Still don't believe I did it....the only good part is that if we'd have won Josh would never have forgiven me, as it was he was spared the pain.

--Is there any links to videos of red shites penalties + our penalty claims + our sent offs + their NOT sent offs?

-- I hope i can have the video to shut some red shite's mouth in my office.....These cheats are claiming they were 100% saints!! I just farted on their face and walked away smiling!! lol