IGNORED

The Derby

Sandman

Think your spot on again. I can't really for-see a game of fludity and beauty, more like a nitty-gritty game which is awful to watch unless your a fan of the team playing. We will probably stuff the midfield and play the ever so exciting brand of football from last year, but if we get a result then i will not complain one bit. I really don't think it would be a good idea to rush back both cahill and grav for the starting line up. If they perform in training then have them on the bench, but its way too much of a risk for a game of this magnitude to start two unfit players in the area of the pitch where the match will probably be won and lost. I don't think its neccesarily the best team we could play but i reckon this is what we're gonna look like.

---------Howard

Hibbert Yobo Lescott Baines

-----------Neville

Arteta Osman Carsley Piennar

---------Yakubu

As for Torress, of he does play then i think he could be a real problem. But he already has had a knock to his ankle and will be playing two games for spain before the derby, he may either not be started or may not be on form. Either i'd be happy with.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Fernando Torres could be a doubt for Liverpool's upcoming derby match against Everton after tearing a muscle while on international duty with Spain.

From BBC Sport but also reported on Sky Sports. Good news. Will take some pressure off, but not much. By far their biggest threat is now out though. Lets hope that will affect their squad morale further, as I am getting the growing impression that Liverpool are struggling since Paco sancho panza don quioxote, whatever his name was, left.

This is now an opportunity we cannot squander, lets hope the bioys are up for it and DM gets his tactis spot on. Time to start a good run me thinks.

I Hope Yakubu starts, and I think he will tbh,

-------------------Howard---------------------

--Hibbo------Yobo------Lescott-----Baines--

Arteta---Cahill---Carsley---Graveson---Pienaar

-------------------Yakubu------------------------

We have a very good chance if we get a team looking like that out imo

as if moyes will ever drop neville for the derby. he'll play him simply because the liverpool fans hate him so much. i'd play neville RB and stubbs instead of yobo CB, he's safer atm imo, yobo has been playing poorly. yakubu might work well up front on his own, but anichebe and yak would never work.

My Team would be:

-------------------Howard---------------------

--Nev------Yobo------Lescott-----Baines--

Arteta---Cahill---Carsley---Jags---Pienaar

-------------------Yakubu------------------------

To risky playing Grave and Cahill after long layoffs

the perfect team for the derby if all my chosen players are fit...

----------------Howard----------------

--bains---stubbs---lescott---hibbert

---arteta---cahil---carsley---graveson

-------Vaughan------Anichebe

subs: ruddy, neville, yobo, aj, faddy

Im thinking Vaughan and Anichebe up front together is a perfect combination! great things to come from both of them, especially vaughan!

COYB!

the perfect team for the derby if all my chosen players are fit...

----------------Howard----------------

--bains---stubbs---lescott---hibbert

---arteta---cahil---carsley---graveson

-------Vaughan------Anichebe

COYB!

:huh:

Graveson left wing?

Fullbacks are in the wrong positions

2 Kids who are only just getting used to the premiership, I do like Vaughan but He's the least likely to be back for the derby out of Tommy Cahill + himself.

Hopefully The Yak Actually puts a bit off effort into this game! and whacks out a few goals to beat the RS,

You haven't really got the hang of the Yak yet have you!!.....He DOESN'T put effort in!!!

His team mates put the effort in and he finishes it of with goals a plenty.

If we can't supply him with the perfect chances then he wont score!!

A comment from a rs forum,perhaps not quite word for word!.."Anichebe, Duncan Ferguson mark two, will bully our defenders"!!!!!There obviously happy AJ's out, and really praying Cahill who they hate doesn't make it!!

NO mention of our new striker Yakubu!!...It's Anichebe they don't want out there, seems they worry about the young lad!

I'd start Anichebe and McFadden....Anichebe to unsettle them and McFadden to dance past their shattered bruised bodies.

Cahill must at least be on the bench.....That's someone they don't want to see warming up!

Hopefully The Yak Actually puts a bit off effort into this game! and whacks out a few goals to beat the RS,

You haven't really got the hang of the Yak yet have you!!.....He DOESN'T put effort in!!!

A comment from a rs forum,perhaps not quite word for word!.."Anichebe, Duncan Ferguson mark two, will bully our defenders"!!!!!There obviously happy AJ's out, and really praying Cahill who they hate doesn't make it!!

NO mention of our new striker Yakubu!!...It's Anichebe they don't want out there, seems they worry about the young lad!

I'd start Anichebe and McFadden....Anichebe to unsettle them and McFadden to dance past their shattered bruised bodies.

Cahill must at least be on the bench.....That's someone they don't want to see warming up!

Ill tell you this for free mate, were going to play 4 5 1, its worked for the last load of derby's and it still will, if we try and play 4 4 2 with liverpool. we will get fkin steamrolled.

Anichebe does put the effort in but he's not the most technical player, if we get a chance I don't have faith he would put the ball in. Mc Fadden, lets not even think about playing him up front on his own, he's shite with someone up there with him, never mind on his own. Yakubu is probably the only striker fit who we know will put the ball in if he gets a chance, this is the perfect game to play him because he'll be up for it, he might not run all over the pitch but we no when he gets the ball at his feet running at old Sammy then they will be shitting themselves.

MOYES PLEASE FFS DONT PLAY STUBBS FOR THIS GAME! THERE TEAM ARE FULL OF PACE, STUBBS ISNT.

---------------------Howard-------------------------

Hibbo--------Yobo-----------Lescott--------Baines

----------------------Neville-------------------------

Arteta-----Carsley--------Tommy/Tim----Pienaar

---------------------Yakubu--------------------------

What im hoping for ^

1-1 COYB!!!

Edited by Blue4Ever

wouldnt start anichebe, he isnt creative enough

Blue4ever and The_Sanman!!....Your both right Anichebe isn't the player to start the Derby game....I was kinda just picing up from a rs forum the regard they have for his, shall we say physical side.

With enough support then Yakubu could! be the man if we only play one up front....AJ or Vaughan would probably do better though.

Of course midfield holds the key......Gravo and Cahill would love this game.