The Derby

Sandman

so what team do we want out?

i'd like to see:

Howard

Neville Stubbs Lescott Baines

Arteta Gravesen Carsley Pienaar

Yak Faddy

anichebe is most definately a sub for now, best when brought on for the last 20 mins or so, dont think he's up to starting big games yet. obv our line up would look a lot different if we had cahill, vaughan and aj fit but its unlikely we'll have any of them so i reckon the above is our best bet.

thoughts?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well with news coming that timmy an vaughan back after the internationals and possibly tommy g i would like to see

Howard

Neville...Yobo...Lescott...Baines

Peinaar...Tommy G...Cahill...Arteta

Yak...Vaughan

and if yak cant get up for this game then he will never be worthy to play in a royal blue shirt again

Edited by adamefc1

Moyes's team

----------------Howard-------------------

Hibbert---Yobo-------Lescott----Baines

Arteta--Cars---Neville---Cahill--Osman

-----------------Johnson------------------

Id pick:

------------------Howard-------------------

Hibbert-----Yobo--------Lescott----Baines

----------Graveson-----Carsley-----------

---Cahill --------------------------Arteta----

-----------Yakubu--------Johnson-----------

Even though Timmy is on the left wing there I can remember him being there more than anywhere else the last derby and he'll do a job there.

Cannot Wait!!!

Edited by Blue4Ever

well with news coming that timmy an vaughan back after the internationals and possibly tommy g i would like to see

Howard

Yak...Vaughan

and if yak cant get up for this game then he will never be worthy to play in a royal blue shirt again

moyes would never play that team, there isnt a proper 'ball winner' in CM ffs... i know most teams would go for the attacking edge at home but this is moyes we're talking about...

and i thought vaughan wasnt gonna be back until november?

Howard

Yak...Vaughan

take out Yak and put Carsley into a DM role and that is some team. We may still do it with a 442, but you can't play those four as no ball winners, small height wise and very lightweight midfield. We need to get stuck in.

sorry any team putting any team out with Cahill, Gravesen and Vaughan would be compleate suicide. No way could you put three players in the side who are not match fit. Need to ease them back in or we would be in big trouble.

Liverpool are a decent team with good attacking players so we will need a backbone in the middle of the park, so at least 1 defensive player in the middle.

AJ's going to be out so the Yak has to start. These are the games in which we will be looking for the Yak to get goals dispite being a bit lazy. To start seeing a return on our investment he has got to be on the pitch and getting goals.

A long time between how and the game - so a lot can happen between now and then

if the midfield for the derby reads

osman carsley neville arteta

then we are gonna get pumped, that midfield aint good enough for 1st division apart from mikky who is sheer class

carlsey- too old bit part player now

osman- W.A.N.K.

neville - great at right back shite in middle

arteta- needs no introduction

lets hope cahill n gravo are back then we mite have a chance

Its really, really hard to be optimistic about this derby, but bolocks I'll do it anyway!!! Love Derby day!! 1-0 to us, cheeky Cahill goal on his return!!

Don't underestimate what effect Cahill will have when he returns!.....Other than AJ's goals(when he's on form) and Artetas skill, then Cahill really is our best threat, and opponents hate playing against him.

A mate who's a rs rates Cahill as the one person who they would love to be absent!..more than AJ and Arteta.

Thinking about the game!.....Lescotts become something of a cult just lately, what would the winning goal for him do to change our minds?

The score?.....Not a clue!Gerrards form at the moment is poor, which is effecting the team and that can only be a good thing...1/3 of the rs fans want Rafa out! Could be fireworks if we win again.

I don't think the key to the derby is going to be who is picked, but more of a case of who is going to play like a professional. We desparately need the Centre backs to be on fire, the wing backs to track and run like never before, and whoever wins the Centre mid role to hassle and bite in midfield and not let the reds settle on the ball for a second. Tradition is that is usually what we do, but the last few games have shown utter complacency to defending and then keeping the ball. If we can keep the reds from building moves of more than 2-3 passes, they will become frustrated and resort to 30-40 yard blasters and Gerrard will lose his head. Torres is absolutely on fire and needs to be well marshalled, so the defense is going have to stop living on reputation alone and start becoming miserly and cover for each other. We have one of the best keepers in the premiership in Howard, but he is only as good as the players in front of him. I think he will make some important saves, but the boys have to make sure that it won't be for nothing. If they can sort this out, then the midfield will start to flourish and the attacks will become more potent.

As much as I want to say we will win, my head is telling me we will do well to get a draw the way we have been playing.

I don't think the key to the derby is going to be who is picked, but more of a case of who is going to play like a professional. We desparately need the Centre backs to be on fire, the wing backs to track and run like never before, and whoever wins the Centre mid role to hassle and bite in midfield and not let the reds settle on the ball for a second. Tradition is that is usually what we do, but the last few games have shown utter complacency to defending and then keeping the ball. If we can keep the reds from building moves of more than 2-3 passes, they will become frustrated and resort to 30-40 yard blasters and Gerrard will lose his head. Torres is absolutely on fire and needs to be well marshalled, so the defense is going have to stop living on reputation alone and start becoming miserly and cover for each other. We have one of the best keepers in the premiership in Howard, but he is only as good as the players in front of him. I think he will make some important saves, but the boys have to make sure that it won't be for nothing. If they can sort this out, then the midfield will start to flourish and the attacks will become more potent.

As much as I want to say we will win, my head is telling me we will do well to get a draw the way we have been playing.

great post Bri, try e-mailing it to moyes he might learn somthing, i think you have sumed up the pre-match teamtalk there.

I'm back for this one ;)

We've been struggling in the middle of midfield ever since Alonso's got injured. He's touch and go to be back for the derby but im not sure whether he will. Thats a huge bonus for you as both Stevie and Mascherano have been struggling for form recently. Everything is going to be decided in the midfield battle in this one and hence i think that Moyes will go 451 to take advantage of our poor form and the importance of that position.

No one reckons Anichebe will start? I rate the kid to be honest, is he not starting regularly for you?

Welcome back Xavier, thought you might show up. :)

"No one reckons Anichebe will start? I rate the kid to be honest, is he not starting regularly for you?"

Had one or two starts, but still a bit part player as yet and i think this one will be a bit much for him, think your right about the 4-5-1 formation because our Midfield has been shit of late, might have to play as many in the middle as we can and hope for a goal from a set piece, Yakubo as been cack so we might have to rely on Lescott again.

Johnson and Vaughan missing, and mcfadden inconsistent, but might go two big lads up front YAKUBU and ANICHEBE to try and out muscle you, interested to see the line-up.

I cant see Yakubu and Anechebe working tbh. Yes they could out power defenders but I consider them to be great hold up players so if we pack the middfield to play off the front, thats why I'd go with just Yakubu and hope we can get a goal from midfield. I think Yakubu owes us a proper display and maybe he might fire himself up for a PROPER derby??

I Hope Yakubu starts, and I think he will tbh,

-------------------Howard---------------------

--Hibbo------Yobo------Lescott-----Baines--

Arteta---Cahill---Carsley---Graveson---Pienaar

-------------------Yakubu------------------------

We have a very good chance if we get a team looking like that out imo

Edited by Blue4Ever

QUOTE(GoldfishMemory @ Oct 11 2007, 2:58 PM)

^^^ You cant throw Cahill & Gravesen in after long lay offs in the derby, Liverpool will have torn us to pieces before they even find their feet!!

Yer I no but were going to need them to stand any chance of winning.

To my mind to stand any chance of winning....We need luckypool to play as they have for the last few games!...That would be a nice start!Then we need big performances from Arteta, Lescott and co.....and we could well get the victory.

Any imput from Cahill and Gravesen would if needed be appreciated.

Were both pretty much off form at the moment, which one will grab the moment and kick on from this match.....if rafa rotates and looses, watch the sh!t hit the fan.The last thing they need at the moment is another 3-0......Yakubu!Over to you mate.....or Anichebe it's time to become a Blue hero!

At my lads football training tonight and speaking to a few of the parents (most of whom are reds) and they are none very confident about Liverpool getting a result. Most will settle for a draw.

I hope this is honest observation and not just protecting their modesty if we win.

I think the most determined players will win the game, but for us, our defense has to be on tip top as Torres only needs a small sniff to score. It's a derby, though, so midfield will win the game either way, or a draw it will be. Not expecting the beautiful game, more a good game of football. Anyone know who the ref is??? Might be the difference.