IGNORED

The Derby

Sandman

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree. think we would be ripped to pieces with that line up

definitely. Hopefully we will go back to a 451, otherwise I can see us being 2-0 down inside 20 mins. Don't get me wrong, once Tommy G, Cahill and Vaughan are fit then 442 could finally become a winning formula (although I remain to be convinced) but no way for this match when we have some players out and some players not match fit. I personally think we should play a 451 and I'd be absolutely astounded if Cahill isn't playing, he sounds like he is fit and I'd play a half-fit Gravesen and Cahill over a fully fit Jags/Neville any day. Carsley to protect the back 4 (where he is brilliant) and 2 from Gravesen/Cahill/Neville in CM, depending on fitness levels. I just hope we can start to defend, we have one of the best defences in the league yet they are playing like a bunch of amateurs at the moment, the international break came at the best possible time and hopefully, the England defeat will have left Gerrard a little deflated (especially as he's been way out of form recently anyway).

COYB!

Edited by carlmc25

Cahill should not play, he's been out about five months without even playing a warm-up game it would be Suicide, we could lose him again for another 3 months.

This is not the game to bring him back, maybe Luton in the Carling Cup after a runout for the reserves.

So who's going then and who's heading the pub early 2 get a good spec??

Out of anyone going the pub is there a boozer you specifically keep away from Derby day? I go for a pint in the Priory in Litherland and it's a no go zone for me derby day & whenever the shite play one of the big teams. I can sit and watch with the reds an play the banter game but theres always trouble, at first I thought it was just derby rivalry getting too much but they end up punching eachother when they're beat by Chelsea or the Mancs so I just keep away from them now days.

Luckily I don't have to worry cos I'll be in the Lower Gwladys for the first time this season so it'll be an emotional return for me :D :D

Pint's at halftime anyone? I'll be stood in the middle by the back wall as always probably surrounded by a sea of yellow & blue coats but shit happens.

can see a McFadden stunner. ill say 2-1 us. Faddy and Cahill.

obviously if there is a heightened risk of sustaining a recurrence of his injury then he shouldn't play, but if he's physically ready (if not match fit) then he should play. He's been running etc for weeks hasn't he, it's only been jumping that they've been preventing him from doing?

From what I can gather Hibbo is supposed to be starting (as I expected, local lad and all) so I assume Neville is at least one of the CM's, I'd expect Carsley and Cahill to be in there with him.

obviously if there is a heightened risk of sustaining a recurrence of his injury then he shouldn't play, but if he's physically ready (if not match fit) then he should play. He's been running etc for weeks hasn't he, it's only been jumping that they've been preventing him from doing?

From what I can gather Hibbo is supposed to be starting (as I expected, local lad and all) so I assume Neville is at least one of the CM's, I'd expect Carsley and Cahill to be in there with him.

mm you gotta take risks to win games though and with AJ out i feel Cahill is the one who would cause havoc for their defense. Hopefully Arteta has a good delivery day because Lescott and Cahill in the box for Corners and Freekicks will be awesome. The mans a menace and if he scored on hes return game, against the scum that will set him up for the next few games nicely, confidence wise.

he should come on as a sub, if he starts ill be amazed. i think were doomed to see another Nev/Cars or Nev/Jags CM lineup.

No doubt "small club from kirkby" will be aimed at us, we've got "fat spannish waiter" "stevie G the baby aint yours"

"The Reds went off to Athens but milan said, NO! NO! NO!

We'll win it 6 times they claimed but did they, NO NO NO!"

(to tune of amy winehouse: rehab)

as for the match, if tommy hasnt been saved for this game then we must assume he is in fact dead. Tim please be back. i think the threat from liverpool justifies our back to include baines

Neville/Hibbert Yobo Lescott Baines

Lots of pace that stubbs no matter how much experience cant match.

Guest blueboy122

No! I dont think we can play yobo and lescott against the red shite. we all no stubbsy doesnt have pace but he has much more he commands clears he does everythin! i love yobo and lescott but i just dont think they can play 2gether theres no leadership or experiance. my defence would be:

lescott yobo stubbs hibbert

(left to right)

thoughts?

It looks like most of luckypools big names will be back for this match, that's a lot of $'s on display.They should be favorites against a midtable team not on form and missing a couple of players.So what to do?....Get in their faces, don't let them settle and play it at the 100miles an hour we hear so much about.Saturday will be a time for getting stuck in and not poncing about.

surely more than a few yellow cards.....Goodison will be no place for the faint hearted.

comes in from a corner cleared by a red shirt just to the edge of the box and the incoming baines hits it first time....

WAT A GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LEIGHTON BAINES ON HIS MERSEYSIDE DERBY début!!!!!!

1-0 bainesy lad yah beauty

ace defencive performance to hold it.

well doubt that will happen but im feeling more confident now not sure why ?

It looks like most of luckypools big names will be back for this match, that's a lot of $'s on display.They should be favorites against a midtable team not on form and missing a couple of players.So what to do?....Get in their faces, don't let them settle and play it at the 100miles an hour we hear so much about.Saturday will be a time for getting stuck in and not poncing about.

surely more than a few yellow cards.....Goodison will be no place for the faint hearted.

You're joking arent you? Our players barely get above 2 mph.

1-1 or 2-0 to the shite.

No! I dont think we can play yobo and lescott against the red shite. we all no stubbsy doesnt have pace but he has much more he commands clears he does everythin! i love yobo and lescott but i just dont think they can play 2gether theres no leadership or experiance. my defence would be:

lescott yobo stubbs hibbert

(left to right)

thoughts?

yeh, i agree with others this would be a stupid defence to put out. can you imagine what stubbs would be like against torres/vorronin for pace :lol: we need lescott and yobo and if they can't learn to play together one of them might aswell go(probably yobo as lescott is overall the better of the two imo) you have left out baines, who has probably looked our best player so far this season, and neville needs to be at rightback otherwise it will just be hoofball for 90mins.

yeh, i agree with others this would be a stupid defence to put out. can you imagine what stubbs would be like against torres/vorronin for pace :lol: we need lescott and yobo and if they can't learn to play together one of them might aswell go(probably yobo as lescott is overall the better of the two imo) you have left out baines, who has probably looked our best player so far this season, and neville needs to be at rightback otherwise it will just be hoofball for 90mins.

It will be hoofball weather neville plays center mid or rightback.

had a dream we won 1-0 and Baines scored haha...

COYB!!

It will be hoofball weather neville plays center mid or rightback.

had a dream we won 1-0 and Baines scored haha...

COYB!!

it will be but hoofball is worse when played down the middle, especially as neville wont be able to defend against liverpool's CM. he's better than hibbo at RB too, it'll be a nightmare for hibbo if he has to face babel

I too had a dream.....well more of a nightmare because we totally outplayed them but Arteta missed a penalty and Gerrard won it in the dying seconds. :@

But I still think we'll win this one 1-0 Yobo,Neville or Hibbert with the goal to shut everyone up :D

To think we haven't really been playing well of late....and with our injuries and small squad it's strange to think that a win tomorrow would put us on the same points as luckypool!

surely that's something that both camps will be thinking about, there is a pressure on luckypool to win it, add that to the fact they haven't been playing well lately either and they may well be nervous.Last year will be fresh on some minds....well it's on mine :lol:

What the hells up with Gerrards form? Wouldn't have thought Goodison was the place to go if your having a confidence crisis....just ask Hibbert!

Play one man up front!.....HOW ABOUT LESCOTT :huh:

it will be but hoofball is worse when played down the middle, especially as neville wont be able to defend against liverpool's CM. he's better than hibbo at RB too, it'll be a nightmare for hibbo if he has to face babel
He plays better against the big teams hibbo, no way am I having Nevilles a better rightback but thats just me, its obviously gunna be worse if Phil does play there because Tony is better defensive wise, No matter what we all say we no Neville is gunna play center mid and Tony rightback.

He plays better against the big teams hibbo, no way am I having Nevilles a better rightback but thats just me, its obviously gunna be worse if Phil does play there because Tony is better defensive wise, No matter what we all say we no Neville is gunna play center mid and Tony rightback.

Hibbo is a better defender than Neville, no question, plus Babel doesn't look anything special to me at all. I have it on decent authority that Hibbo is playing tomorrow - he's a local lad anyway, his type of game.

I too had a dream.....well more of a nightmare because we totally outplayed them but Arteta missed a penalty and Gerrard won it in the dying seconds. :@

But I still think we'll win this one 1-0 Yobo,Neville or Hibbert with the goal to shut everyone up :D

I had a dream an all. We won either 1-0 or 2-0, and there was a penalty in my dream too (except Howard Kendall took it???).

But the match was abandoned because some players crawled under a fence? EH!!!?? What the fuck that meant I dont know. AND NO!! I havent been taking drugs.

I woke in pain as I had cramp in my left calf.

Back to reality, we have a great chance to win this one and I expect Everton to scrape through just.

I hope Tim Cahill gets a run in this one, our midfield needs someone like him and I expect Yakubu would benefit from having him in the side.

Dont forget to wear your lucky undies today!

Hmm i believe its gonna be exciting match today. If Torres is fit hes pace and skills could get us in real trouble today. Stubbsy has been good but im still believing we will see Hibbo, Jolly , Yobo , Baines lineup in defence. Midfield is bit of a mystery , cause i have no idea atm whos fit and whos not. May be not too many changes for 1 time. Pienaar has done good job so hes in definitely, hopefully Mikel is having a good day today, Crasley has been usually good on derbies , Tommy would be useful is hes fit. Timmy wants to play , thats for sure , but like others have said , he cant play and injure again, so he has to be 100% fit to play. For attackers Faddy has been great , and today would be the best possible day sor us to yak prove hes worth tranfer moneys. Anyway COYB :wub:

looks like we have a pretty awful team out, McFad obviously on the bench due to fatigue but I'm not overly impressed with our lineup, let's just hope Yak and Anichebe actually work their socks off as both can be lazy. Looking at our team i'd expect to be beat fairly comfortably, BUT then I look at Liverpool's which is INCREDIBLY poor today, unbelievably so and surely we can do this. COYB! we'll never face a weaker Liverpool lineup than this for some time surely! Anichebe may get one I think.