IGNORED

Keegan Back At The Barcodes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/7192457.stm

I can't see him making a huge impact and really don't see him doing that much better than Big Sam, has been out of the game a fair while. He's always a funny character (bit of a tosser sometimes) so will be good to have back in the game.

I really can't see him making the impact that the fans want though. I'll give him 7 months.

it's a strange one, Shearer threw his name in the hat big time today (wouldn't surprise me to see him named as assistant, although that would put huge pressure on Keegan as soon as results start to slide) and as much as he's got no experience, I'd rather have him as manager than bring Keegan back after a few years out. I like Keegan so wish him well and he did an excellent job with Newcastle last time, but I can't see him repeating his success this time.

agree with all of the above...really don't rate keegan as a top-flight manager.

also don't understand how so many crap managers continue to circulate around the premiership. fair enough, some of them yo-yo between prem and championship, but so often you can just see these crap signings coming and know what the result will be within 6-12 months.

rubbish like john gregory, david o'leary, stuart pearce, bryan robson, glen hoddle, gareth southgate and chris coleman will always be popping up and having 1-2 year spells before either getting sacked or getting relegated and THEN getting sacked.

fergie, wenger, moyes -- the only true quality!!!

They do say never go back, and I aggree

Cant think of any example where this has worked?????

Everyone has their day and I think hes had his

I dont think their owner has got a clue (hes not doing too bad for himself though)

think 'arry redknapp's an exception to the above rule......doing well enough in his second pompey spell!!!

yeah, how is that mike ashley so fckin loaded:

left school at 16

44 years old

worth almost 2 billion

can't believe I wasted years 16-22 finishing high school and university!!!

Jesus Christ on a unicycle, I know don't exactly live in Newcastle, but even down here you would think they had won something the way the are carrying on. Big club my fucking arse, just because you can cram 55,000 arseholes into a shithole doese not make you a contender.

I hope the do as well this time under him as they did with Souness.

ATB

Mac

Jesus Christ on a unicycle, I know don't exactly live in Newcastle, but even down here you would think they had won something the way the are carrying on. Big club my fucking arse, just because you can cram 55,000 arseholes into a shithole doese not make you a contender.

I hope the do as well this time under him as they did with Souness.

ATB

Mac

:lol:

am I the only one who hopes Keegan does well? I like the guy personally and hope he finishes just behind Everton! Be interesting to see how he does, had a couple of years out and may mean he is totally out of touch or may even have let him take stock of his previous weaknesses and he may come back a better manager. I wish him luck.

am I the only one who hopes Keegan does well?

Probably not. Wouldn't say I like him but have some admiration for his "heart on sleeve" mentality, but I suspect that that will be his downfall. He's not mentally strong enough imo, and although they may well get a short term bounce in form I don't think he can sustain it. Having said that, if he does get the blank cheque book that some are saying he will I may be wrong.

Yeah, Keegan could have taken on a challenge. But no, he has taken on a job where he is virtually guaranteed to have plenty of money to spend, is already seen as a great manager by the fans, and doesn't need to worry about stadiums or balancing the books etc... And fair play to him, but I definitely much prefer the Moyesiah. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Dennis Wise? Two more already added to the "team" with "one or two more key appointments (including Shearer?)" to come. No-one sacked so they still have Pearson and others. And Wise reporting directly to the Chairman...not Keegan :huh: . Gonna need a board meeting to decide who sits next to who on the bus (and it'll need to be a big bus!).

All sounds like a recipe for complete disaster to me. Lets hope so anyway :P .

one paper today says keegan would only join if he could have wise on his staff.im sure they'll play nice attacking football, score 3 every game, but concede 4 coz they always have been shite at the back!

That doesn't explain why he's been saying he didnt know anything about it (even what position he would hold) and that they (the journalist) should ask the chairman.