IGNORED

Lescott.

No chance! £10m for someone we signed for £3m (plus add-ons) a couple of seasons ago seems good business, but in my opinion Joleon is our most important player.

A few of our top players are getting linked away from the club and it's now we need to push on - fail to qualify for europe this season could see us lose a couple of players in the closed season (i think we will qualify - possibly even 4th, but if we don't... who knows).

Dont no about everyone else but id much rather we had Lescott than Ferdinand, he gets praised like he's an amazing defender but truthfully he only looks good because half the time the mancs are at the other end of the pitch so his job is already been made easy for him " defense is the best form of attack " thats man utd all over.

I kind of liked Gareth Southgate's perspective (think it was him, anyway), that the only thing having your best players linked to big clubs means is that they're good players. As long as the system is set up the way it is the speculation is never going to go away, so there's no point raising your blood pressure over it. Not even the "big four" are immune; they just have their best players linked to the big clubs in Spain and Italy instead of domestically. That doesn't mean we're under any obligation to sell the players in question, though, if it's not in our best interests.

The only thing that makes me wonder if there's some truth in this (as opposed to some of the other scurrilous rumor-mongering) is that Lescott - unlike Arteta, AJ, Cahill, and several others who've popped up in the press - hasn't signed a contract extension since 2005, and that one was only for 2.5 years, not 5 like our latest ones. Does anyone know when his current contract is due to expire?

Silveware- dont be stupid. and i doubt us getting a CL spot, L'Pool will get their acts 2gether and climb back to 4th, with us probs 5th, and just because we dont win anything or get 4th doesnt mean ppl will leave....... the players can tell EFC are on the up, getting to semi-finals and hopefully going pretty far in the uefa cup.

Everton worshipe: Are you serious? We have overally so far best season for a while(yes we were 4th couple seasons ago) and if we dont get anything big succes, u think our top players are out of door? DM has always done good job and focus on a long and slow road, not rush and fall back down if you get what i mean. Anyway, i think theres everything ok in the club and we can get better and better and thats what players want also.

How far do yuo think loyalty will stretch with a footballer hungry for success & a big fat pay packet and the wrong side of 25??? I am not saying there will be a mass exodus but certainly I can see Cahill moving on and Johnson...especially the way Johnson is being played - and at a push Arteta (no smoke without fire where he is concerned).

i bet you £20 nobody leaves becuase they request to.

this is the best season weve had in ages, why would people leave now?

who said they would request to?

Manure see we finish 5th/6th, see a midfielder, Cahill, at the top of his game (occasionally) and think let's get him and double his wages.... *cha ching* - you can hear what he is thinking already. Don't be fooled that players are entirely loyal (some are I admit, but they are a minority)...

If another team wanted Lescott....or say Cahill and Arteta!....AND they wanted to leave, for whatever reason, REALLY wanted to go!Would you still want them playing for us?

Will their hearts be in it!Sure they will probably go through the motions for the team that at present pay their wages.....but make them stay up till the end of their contracts, wont exactly be great for the team spirit....and they will walk away for free!instead of a mega millions.

Moyes is trying to tie his players to the club with long contracts, he is creating a club that are capable of winning things, they have the chance to play for a team with a soul!The wages at the club have risen lately.......if they still want to go, so be it!

BUT would you keep Lescott for another two years....and let him walk away for free?....or take

£15million for him now? That's if he wants to leave.....which he doesn't :rolleyes: