Photo

Is Anybody Else Losing The Will To Live?

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#41 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,478 posts

Posted 23 Jul 2009 - 11:57

We are in a better situation now then we were at the start of last season.

True enough, don't think there's much doubt we'll have a stronger team out against Arsenal than we had against Blackburn last year....

Howard, Neville, Yobo, Lescott, Valente, Rodwell, Baines, Osman, Jagielka, Arteta, Yakubu.

Turner, Wallace, Gosling, Kissock, Jutkiewicz, Baxter, Agard.

Even with Arteta & Yak in that's a horrible side.

#42 Tricky Trev

Tricky Trev

Alan Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 24 Jul 2009 - 16:55

I started this topic and its interesting to see both sides but as much as i feel shiiite about the lack of activity i cannot see how the board will leave us and Moysie hanging with no star signings.Granted City have smashed everybody in the transfer window and still will but i hope, hope we find some dough to buy the two quality signings we need and three or four free/loan signings we are competing for top four again :rolleyes:

#43 duncanmckenzieismagic

duncanmckenzieismagic

Howard Kendall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,609 posts

Posted 24 Jul 2009 - 18:04

I started this topic and its interesting to see both sides but as much as i feel shiiite about the lack of activity i cannot see how the board will leave us and Moysie hanging with no star signings.Granted City have smashed everybody in the transfer window and still will but i hope, hope we find some dough to buy the two quality signings we need and three or four free/loan signings we are competing for top four again :rolleyes:

Forget the top 4 I would be happy with the top 8 to be honest

#44 Tricky Trev

Tricky Trev

Alan Ball

• Members
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 24 Jul 2009 - 18:42

Fuck it. As it stands we will be competing. Villa wont be near. Same old spurs, flatter to deceive and arsenal,liverpool as it stands havnt progressed and are one injury( gerrard,torres) from average. City are different but who says they are gonna do fook all? At the moment everybody are shitting themselves cos they have bought gareth barry, Santa Cruz and Adeybayor!!

#45 EFC-Paul

EFC-Paul

If you are going through hell....keep going

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 24 Jul 2009 - 19:23

I would expect us to be up there again this season 5th may be a tough call if City's team clicks which is a big if, Villa have lost a very influential player in Barry and Downing is a poor replacement in my book so they will be a similar team to last season as it stands, I think Spurs will struggle again they have a good squad on paper they are a top 6 team but again cant play as a unit.

My main concern is that we have shed a little weight in terms of players and although the younger lads are getting more miles on the clock i dont think we should need to rely on them. We need to bring in players and i really can not understand why we are not, Europe is going to be to big of a task if we dont and with the size of our squad one of two mid season injuries and we will be fucked. The club really should be doing more to ensure we keep pushing on and by the looks of it so far that sadly is not going to happen.

#46 duncanmckenzieismagic

duncanmckenzieismagic

Howard Kendall

• Members
  • 9,609 posts

Posted 24 Jul 2009 - 21:07

Fuck it. As it stands we will be competing. Villa wont be near. Same old spurs, flatter to deceive and arsenal,liverpool as it stands havnt progressed and are one injury( gerrard,torres) from average. City are different but who says they are gonna do fook all? At the moment everybody are shitting themselves cos they have bought gareth barry, Santa Cruz and Adeybayor!!

Not too sure why you are writting Villa off but I disagree I think they will challenge for Europe again next year, The Shite havent lost anybody and they have just signed the best right back in England so I would say that is progression.They also had Gerrard and Torres injured for large chunks of last season and they still ran Unitred close.

Hopefully Spurs will do thier normal but I do think City will be up there, then it comes to us. Im a little releived to hear Moyse come out today and say we need a CB and LB but until we get them we are in big trouble . That probably means the "budget" will be blown on those 2 and so Im not expecting any improvement to the starting XI
Everybody else seems to be strengthening thier squads and we are struggling to stand still and so I really can see us slipping down the table

#47 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,478 posts

Posted 24 Jul 2009 - 21:35

Everybody else seems to be strengthening thier squads and we are struggling to stand still and so I really can see us slipping down the table

If I could be arsed I'd go back over TT and find fifty posts saying exactly the same thing from July '06, July '07 and July '08 :) .
Doesn't mean it won't be the case this time but it's just a very easy thing to say. I'll just keep the faith I think. Davey's not let us down yet and I don't expect him to this time.

#48 timmyboy17

timmyboy17

Tony Hibbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 Jul 2009 - 22:01

tevez not good in your book?

#49 DonKey

DonKey

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 25 Jul 2009 - 00:27

The thing that is frustrating is that the guys we are linked with are clearly available, unlike when we all get our hopes up about Riquelme and Moutinho. I'm a bit more concerned that good quality players are choosing to play for (in my opinion) lesser clubs.

I believe that there is money available, and that we will pull somthing out the bag... i just wish we wouldn't leave it until 23.59 on deadline day.

#50 Oztoffee

Oztoffee

Alex Young

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 25 Jul 2009 - 04:27

Let's face it, it's not about who you play for for many of these players, it's how much you get paid.
If you're not a current international player and don't hold out too many hopes of becoming one then they'll choose the offer that pays the most. However, if ther's a possibility of upping your game to the next level, then the're going to go to the club that gives them the best opportunity to do that, and that means top 4 teams.
Players are going to Spurs and other clubs because they're being advised (by their advisors who get a cut too) to go for the bigger money. That's why we aren't getting the signings - because we can't afford them! It's pretty simple really.
However, if we do get a signing it's because the player wants to come here for another reason other than money - and they are the players we want. LOYALTY starts at that point.

#51 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,505 posts

Posted 25 Jul 2009 - 06:18

West Brom are packed with loyal players. ;)

#52 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,210 posts

Posted 25 Jul 2009 - 09:00

If I could be arsed I'd go back over TT and find fifty posts saying exactly the same thing from July '06, July '07 and July '08 :) .
Doesn't mean it won't be the case this time but it's just a very easy thing to say. I'll just keep the faith I think. Davey's not let us down yet and I don't expect him to this time.

Eventually though our amature approach to transfer windows will blow up in our faces and we'll slip down the table. We've been lucky in previous seasons but how long will that luck hold? It's all very worrying at the moment tbh. I'm trying to believe that Moyes will pull something out of the bag as usual but the more time that passes the less confident I am of him doing that.

#53 Adpom

Adpom

Duncan Ferguson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 25 Jul 2009 - 09:58

Eventually though our amature approach to transfer windows will blow up in our faces and we'll slip down the table. We've been lucky in previous seasons but how long will that luck hold? It's all very worrying at the moment tbh. I'm trying to believe that Moyes will pull something out of the bag as usual but the more time that passes the less confident I am of him doing that.

How is it lucky? we consitantly finished in the top half of the table for the last few years and finished 5 the last 2 years. thats not luck, its good manager an great team spirit an a great team, STOP WRITING US OFF AND THINKINGS EVERYONES BETTER THEN US.

To put a point to city, they brought good players, but there all mersonaries(spelling) adaboyor is really bad to have in the dressing room, he's lazy, Barry went for money an thats a fact,he practically said it himself. Robiniho can't be arsed away from home. Tevez is alot of huff an puff but no end product, an as for city defence, well they conside as much as they score.

So stop writing us off an thinking everyone who finished below us season after season is better then us, because there not.

#54 Adam

Adam

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 25 Jul 2009 - 10:05

But the teams around us are improving there teams and we are not so we are standing still and they are getting better.

#55 Rubecula

Rubecula

COFFIN DODGER

• Members
  • 6,335 posts

Posted 25 Jul 2009 - 10:14

There is a big signing on the way.

I know cos I can feel it in my water... or maybe I have a kidney stone or something.

But rest assured Everton are going to buy BIG.

#56 Blue 250

Blue 250

Bob Latchford

• Members
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 25 Jul 2009 - 10:28

But the teams around us are improving there teams and we are not so we are standing still and they are getting better.

The teams around us last summer improved!.....They still finished below us last season.

If we had just sold Lescott (could still happen), plus sold say either Cahill or Arteta then I'd would say that our transfer dealings would have to be really decent just to stand still......though standing still in 5th place isn't really like "standing still"..
...it's fuc%ing good!!

As mentioned above, other teams can buy who they want! can they get results out of them ....The teams that improved their squads last summer, and finished below us obviously couldn't.

There will be quite a bit of pressure on the likes of Man City and Spurs next season, couple of bad results and watch the wheels come off.I don't think football managers as a whole get worse with experience, I certainly can't name any that stand out! so I'd say Moyes is pretty much up to speed as to what he has to do.......AND I FOR ONE WONT BE CALLING FOR HIS HEAD IF LUCK WITH INJURIES DESERTS HIM AGAIN AND TEAMS THAT HAVE $MILLIONS TO SPEND PUSH US DOWN TO 7TH PLACE.

#57 goodi

goodi

Denis Stracqualursi

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 Jul 2009 - 10:41

Besides the youth squad, I believe we are just on par with Arsenal going into next season. (I rate Pienaar higher than Nasri and Rosicky anyway.)

So considering they are our first opponents, we should be improving the squad now and better them for this short term. If anyone is going to leave the top 4 I think it will be them. So we have to hold off the weight of City, Spurs and Villa and Fulham if 4th is going to be an option.

On par with Arsenal? Are you mad???? Van Persie Fabregas Arshavin to name but 3 of their players who are by far better than anything that we have.

#58 Adam

Adam

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 25 Jul 2009 - 10:46

[quote name='Blue 250' date='25 Jul 2009 - 11:28' timestamp='1248517715' post='177254']
The teams around us last summer improved!.....They still finished below us last season.

But we improved our team last season and so far this season we have not

#59 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,210 posts

Posted 25 Jul 2009 - 11:17

How is it lucky? we consitantly finished in the top half of the table for the last few years and finished 5 the last 2 years. thats not luck, its good manager an great team spirit an a great team, STOP WRITING US OFF AND THINKINGS EVERYONES BETTER THEN US.

To put a point to city, they brought good players, but there all mersonaries(spelling) adaboyor is really bad to have in the dressing room, he's lazy, Barry went for money an thats a fact,he practically said it himself. Robiniho can't be arsed away from home. Tevez is alot of huff an puff but no end product, an as for city defence, well they conside as much as they score.

So stop writing us off an thinking everyone who finished below us season after season is better then us, because there not.

By luck I didn't mean the way we play is lucky or anything like that. I meant how long will out luck hold were we do next to nothing in the transfer market while other teams all improve their squads. Eventually a few of those clubs (Tottenham for example) will get it right and click, meanwhile our best players are getting older but we can't afford to replace them or are linked with moves away. I couldn't blame any one of our star players for leaving when you see how we approach transfer windows to improve the team. All I'm saying is that Moyes is performing miracles with the scraps he's given, but even Championship players are costing too much for our limited budget now - look at the price of Ledley ffs, that's a joke.

I'm not writing us off, I'm just worried about the future.

#60 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 25 Jul 2009 - 11:19

We won't stay in the upper reaches forever. This is our time in the sun at the moment. People should stop moaning, accept the fact, and enjoy the moment. What will be will be. We have no divine right to success an should be greatful we have been in such a rich vien of form recently. We have been earing success rather than buying it, and im proud of that. It was not that long ago that we where relegation choices year in year out, now we are european contenders. Enjoy this moment rather than worrying about what is still to come.

Edited by jamiemaher85, 25 Jul 2009 - 11:22.

#61 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,210 posts

Posted 25 Jul 2009 - 11:22

We won't stay in the upper reaches forever. This is our time in the sun at the moment. People should stop moaning, accept the fact, and enjoy the moment. What will be will be. We have no divine right to success an should be greatful we have been in such a rich vien of form recently. We have been earing success rather than buying it, and im proud of that. It was not that long ago that we where relegation choices year in year out, now we are european contenders. Enjoy this moment.

No offence, but Everton should get rid of their motto if we have fans with that sort of attitude :blink: .

#62 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 25 Jul 2009 - 11:31

It's the truth though. Some people are acting like we have a devine right to success. I can't stand the whole anti-bill crowd, some people are saying that this is the darkest time in evertons history. Really? FA Cup finalists, regular european football, regualr top 6 finishes. Dark days indeed. Perspective is needed and the way some people go on about us at the moment is really doing me head in. Of course I want the best for the club but i'm not short sighted enough to think that we will always be in the position we are in now. What's the point of being in a strong position in the club and not enjoy becasue you are always worried about what's going to happen next. We should celebrate what we have been achieving, not be putting downers on what could be around the corner. ecasue the way other clubs are being snapped up and having big money owners come in we could fall behind very soon. All i'm sayingis we should try and enjoy the success we have been having because the truth is that it wont last forever.

#63 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,478 posts

Posted 25 Jul 2009 - 14:19

What's the point of being in a strong position in the club and not enjoy becasue you are always worried about what's going to happen next.

Bit like having a gorgeous girlfriend and being miserable because you're convinced it's only a matter of time until she leaves you for someone else :) .

#64 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,210 posts

Posted 25 Jul 2009 - 15:13

So we should accept falling backwards because we've had relative success in recent years? Personally, I thought clubs were supposed to build on success.

#65 EFC-Paul

EFC-Paul

If you are going through hell....keep going

• Members
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 25 Jul 2009 - 16:04

I understand what your saying Jamie and to an extent i agree but as Romey said we should be building on the success we have already had it would all be in vain to just get this far then accept that we can not push on as we have not really achieved anything a couple of high finishes and an FA cup final to us is a big thing but in the bigger scheme of things it means nothing unless we actually win something.

Im not a Bill basher by any means and i think that he's done a great job with very little resources so far but a club that has done so well and has European football to its name should be able to aquire decent players, The sad fact is under Bill's reign we will fall behind if we dont pull our finger out and start pumping money into our squad it may not be this season or the next but if things stay the way they are it will happen down the line.

Edited by EFC-Paul, 25 Jul 2009 - 16:07.

#66 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 25 Jul 2009 - 16:24

So we should accept falling backwards because we've had relative success in recent years? Personally, I thought clubs were supposed to build on success.

I'm not saying we should accept the club to go backwards, that's not what i'm saying at all. What i'm saying is that we should enjoy what we are achieving more. Considering the position the club is in there is no feel good factor at all and thats a real shame. We should learn to enjoy the moment more. Football is at the end of the day a form of entertainment and something that is there to be enjoyed. Everything doesn't have to be doom and gloom.

#67 Ian C

Ian C

100% Guaranteed Irish

• Members
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 25 Jul 2009 - 16:25

I'm not saying we should accept the club to go backwards, that's not what i'm saying at all. What i'm saying is that we should enjoy what we are achieving more. Considering the position the club is in there is no feel good factor at all and thats a real shame. We should learn to enjoy the moment more. Football is at the end of the day a form of entertainment and something that is there to be enjoyed. Everything doesn't have to be doom and gloom.

Completely agree.

#68 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,505 posts

Posted 25 Jul 2009 - 16:57

You have to build on success or it would all have been a waste of time and effort, how can the club come out and say that is as far as we can go.
After all Moyes hard work and BK saying that he would back David all the way, its about time he stopped talking about it and did it.
Do we have to sell Lescott to get some money this year like we sold Mcfaddy and AJ for the money last year, ??? I think the club are totally out of order, especially when they are bragging about the extra revenue and record turnovers they've had for last two years.
EFC pull your f**kin Fingers out.

#69 StevO

StevO

Blagging on the basis of knowledge

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,032 posts

Posted 25 Jul 2009 - 17:25

the club has come so far over the last seven years, getting back to where we were before the bad days of the 90's.
we've all come far with the club, we've watched players come and go, board members come and go, we've won derbies, we've lost derbies. we've pushed fiorentina to the brink of a brilliant come back only to be kicked back down by a penalty shoot out, we had a great day out against united at wembley, we've had a bad day out against chelsea. we've heard parents and relatives telling us what the good old days were like.
we dont want to go back to the final days of the season (some of my worst childhood memories are being sat in goodison with my old man on the final days praying for the right result) we want to see this progress continue, i for one can not imagine going back to them days. im enjoying being at the right end of things. the thought of a second year without spending a penny to improve the squad worries me.
im not even sure where im going with this, im just thinking about good and bad days ive gone through as a blue, and im not ready to go back.

rant over, i think.

#70 Adpom

Adpom

Duncan Ferguson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 26 Jul 2009 - 09:10

Stop panicing, there still THREE weeks till the season kicks off, Don't you no that 80% of all transfers are done in the last week of the season. People have to chill, in 3 weeks then you can worry, i imagine before then we will have signed 2-3 players. You got to remember that this transfer market is fekked because of Real Madrid an there massive spending, have made EVERYONE increase there players value. Everton will have 5 new players come the end of the window.

#71 duncanmckenzieismagic

duncanmckenzieismagic

Howard Kendall

• Members
  • 9,609 posts

Posted 26 Jul 2009 - 09:38

Stop panicing, there still THREE weeks till the season kicks off, Don't you no that 80% of all transfers are done in the last week of the season. People have to chill, in 3 weeks then you can worry, i imagine before then we will have signed 2-3 players. You got to remember that this transfer market is fekked because of Real Madrid an there massive spending, have made EVERYONE increase there players value. Everton will have 5 new players come the end of the window.

Extremely optomistic and even if we do how many will e good enough to go into the starting XI?

#72 Chris the Blue

Chris the Blue

Duncan McKenzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 26 Jul 2009 - 09:45

I won't hold me breath, I hope when you say signings you mean known players and not loans or someone we've never heard of.

#73 PFthetoffee

PFthetoffee

Lee Carsley

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 Jul 2009 - 09:23

I suspect the problem is simply that all evertonians fear a return to the dark period in the 90's where last day drama is required to preserve our proud record in the top flight....I for one don't want to watch us claw back from 2-0 down against a wimbledon from the stanley park trees, or hope for another Howard Kendall 'gareth farrelly' dream to resuce us against coventry ever again......with sheikhs queuing at the doors of smaller, unsuccessful clubs instead of ours, and unproven teenagers being sent to waste their talents at mid-table clubs, we are all fearing the worst. This fear would be alleviated if we saw some transfer progress not re-gress (piennaar contract rejection, lescott!!) It is important to remember however, that a lot is most likely going on behind the scenes to get players that are right for the club and its needs so maybe we shouldn't panic - even though we just cant help it.

Come on Bill, Moyes and Elstone....give us something to cling onto!!!!

#74 carlmc25

carlmc25

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 27 Jul 2009 - 12:15

I think Jamie is right. Personally I think some Evertonians just can't accept that Moyes and BK are doing the best they can and accept that for what it is and also show some appreciation for the job they have done and continue to do year upon year. Some people were calling for Moyes head at the beginning of last season, yet once again he masterminded another brilliant campaign and I don't see why fans get so doom and gloom when Moyes has constantly produced the goods. He deserves our trust and he will do the best he can with the money he has available and that means not spending over the odds for players or buying players who aren't good enough to take us that next step.

I think most of the doom and gloom stems from fans reading every single piece of transfer 'gossip' and thinking that there is truth in it and then when someone else buys that player (Cana) then all of a sudden we have no money, we don't know what we're doing etc when in reality Moyes probably thinks he isn't good enough, we don't need him or the price was too high.

Moyes and BK will be doing their best. If Pienaar rejects the first contract offer then so what, he's still under contract for a while I would assume and now he is just looking for the best deal - it's part and parcel of football and I'm sure it will be sorted. We've tied down virtually all of our best players to long term deals so it's not as if BK and Moyes don't know what they are doing, if Pienaar wants to move clubs then that's his choice, we'll get a good fee and move on, the same with Lescott. As long as Moyes is in charge I have faith we will continue to go the right way.

#75 duncanmckenzieismagic

duncanmckenzieismagic

Howard Kendall

• Members
  • 9,609 posts

Posted 27 Jul 2009 - 13:31

I dont blame the board and I certainly appreciate everything Moyse has done for the club I think we just have to accept that we arent as big a club as most of us think.
We cant compete with most Premiership sides in the transfer market and that is where the frustration is coming from .Its not BKs fault the club is skint so we just have to accept thats the way it is until new owners can be found

#76 Adpom

Adpom

Duncan Ferguson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 27 Jul 2009 - 13:48

I dont blame the board and I certainly appreciate everything Moyse has done for the club I think we just have to accept that we arent as big a club as most of us think.
We cant compete with most Premiership sides in the transfer market and that is where the frustration is coming from .Its not BKs fault the club is skint so we just have to accept thats the way it is until new owners can be found

No one knows how much money we have to spend, we all guessing we have non. however i not seen a shread of evidances saying we do have money or that we don't have money. Having money DOES not make you a big club, having no money doesn't make you a small club, Your fans base, how you do in the league an your history dictate your club size.

Everton are a big club, there 5th biggest in the league as been prove the last 2 years an based on our fan base and our history. The only thing we lack, is our history in europe, but thats slowly starting to change, An a good run this year will boost our name in europe.

Would you class the likes of Newcastle, west Ham, Sunderland, Tottenham, Man City, Aston Villa as bigger clubs? i wouldn't, for it was only a few years ago city were a 2nd devision side.

Other then Spurs winning the carling cup, when was the last time any of them won anything?

#77 Wall Writer

Wall Writer

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 27 Jul 2009 - 14:11

I think what has added to the frustration that many fans have been feeling, is not only the rumours (true or untrue) that are being published left, right and centre, but the fact that even though Moyes said he wants to get transfers in early this season and not wait until the final days like last year, it looks like it could be heading that way. Personally, I would have liked to have seen players in and ready for the start of pre-season, so that they have the maximum possible time to gel and learn the Everton way. Who's fault that is, I don't know, maybe Florentino Perez or Mark Hughes&Co, but I'm sure it's not Moyes', and I'm pretty confident, that BK & Elstone, are doing their best as well. Why do I say that, I say it because I do believe that as Moyes expects 110% from the players, I'm sure if BK & Elstone were slacking, he'd be letting them know in no uncertain terms.
I must say, I am as frustrated as the most on here, and am getting worried about next season. I really don't think that we will be able to match last year's 'success' without adding more players to the squad, in fact at this moment in time, I think a top 8 finish would be more realistic. Who knows who will be coming in and when, but I'm hoping that there will be some candle of hope shone before us before too long, because I'm getting tired of reading about all these players we're getting linked with and nothing coming from it. Saying that I don't think anything like that is likely until Moyes and the Boys get back to the UK, and then we still may have to wait a bit longer...

#78 duncanmckenzieismagic

duncanmckenzieismagic

Howard Kendall

• Members
  • 9,609 posts

Posted 27 Jul 2009 - 20:58

No one knows how much money we have to spend, we all guessing we have non. however i not seen a shread of evidances saying we do have money or that we don't have money. Having money DOES not make you a big club, having no money doesn't make you a small club, Your fans base, how you do in the league an your history dictate your club size.

Everton are a big club, there 5th biggest in the league as been prove the last 2 years an based on our fan base and our history. The only thing we lack, is our history in europe, but thats slowly starting to change, An a good run this year will boost our name in europe.

Would you class the likes of Newcastle, west Ham, Sunderland, Tottenham, Man City, Aston Villa as bigger clubs? i wouldn't, for it was only a few years ago city were a 2nd devision side.

Other then Spurs winning the carling cup, when was the last time any of them won anything?

I think I would prefer to think that we are not bringing anybody in because we dont have the money because if Everton are sitting on a pile of cash and just watching as another farcical transfer window fiasco unfolds then that is astonishingly bad management from the top and I still have faith in BK Elstone and Moyse

And yes I would class all of those clubs as bigger then Everton at the moment because like it or not football is a business now and all of those clubes dwarf Everton resource wise and with the exception of West Ham all of them have higher attendances than we do

#79 duncanmckenzieismagic

duncanmckenzieismagic

Howard Kendall

• Members
  • 9,609 posts

Posted 27 Jul 2009 - 20:59

I think what has added to the frustration that many fans have been feeling, is not only the rumours (true or untrue) that are being published left, right and centre, but the fact that even though Moyes said he wants to get transfers in early this season and not wait until the final days like last year, it looks like it could be heading that way. Personally, I would have liked to have seen players in and ready for the start of pre-season, so that they have the maximum possible time to gel and learn the Everton way. Who's fault that is, I don't know, maybe Florentino Perez or Mark Hughes&Co, but I'm sure it's not Moyes', and I'm pretty confident, that BK & Elstone, are doing their best as well. Why do I say that, I say it because I do believe that as Moyes expects 110% from the players, I'm sure if BK & Elstone were slacking, he'd be letting them know in no uncertain terms.
I must say, I am as frustrated as the most on here, and am getting worried about next season. I really don't think that we will be able to match last year's 'success' without adding more players to the squad, in fact at this moment in time, I think a top 8 finish would be more realistic. Who knows who will be coming in and when, but I'm hoping that there will be some candle of hope shone before us before too long, because I'm getting tired of reading about all these players we're getting linked with and nothing coming from it. Saying that I don't think anything like that is likely until Moyes and the Boys get back to the UK, and then we still may have to wait a bit longer...

Agree 100 %

#80 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,478 posts

Posted 27 Jul 2009 - 22:20

It's the negativity among the fans, the assumption that we've missed out on people (Naughton aside) because the S*n says we have, the ludicrously simplistic and baseless accusations of dithering and the tired old argument repeated every year for the last three or four, "everyone else is going to overtake us" that make me lose the will to live.
I have supreme optimism for the season ahead and I'm thoroughly looking forward to more progress and more great days at home and abroad. It's a great time to be an Evertonian and I'm loving it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users