Photo

Where Will We Finish?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: Where will we finish? (80 member(s) have cast votes)

????

1. Champions (4 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

2. 2nd (2 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

3. 3rd (13 votes [16.25%])

Percentage of vote: 16.25%

4. Voted 4th (24 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

5. 5th (22 votes [27.50%])

Percentage of vote: 27.50%

6. 6th (12 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

7. 7th (2 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

8. 8th (1 votes [1.25%])

Percentage of vote: 1.25%

9. 9th (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

10. 10th (0 votes [0.00%])

11. Lower (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,482 posts

Posted 06 Aug 2010 - 09:49

Had to be done.

I've gone for fourth :) .

#2 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,506 posts

Posted 06 Aug 2010 - 10:03

I'm going to wait till the transfer window closes, not only to see if we buy anybody, but also to see if we lose anybody. :(

#3 craigb

craigb

King Louis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 06 Aug 2010 - 10:34

I have gone for 5th place, i think the usual will be up there, bar liverpool who i think will finish 6th. Man city will get fourth, tottenham with the champions league i think may slip up... All in all if we finished 5th in this league, with the amount of big opposition, i'd be very happy. Obviously champions league would e amazing, although unlike 'arrys tossers we would get someone tough in qualifying,

Young boys v Spurs ... What a joke!

Edited by craigb, 06 Aug 2010 - 10:35.

#4 joemaxmooreismydad

joemaxmooreismydad

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 Aug 2010 - 11:06

I have gone for 6th, i can see it being Utd,Chelski,Arse,Citeh,shite, Us, Spurs.

#5 Ian C

Ian C

100% Guaranteed Irish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 06 Aug 2010 - 11:27

6th!

Really depends on how we perform vs. City, Spurs and Villa though. We take 4+ points from those ties and we could be looking at 4th.

#6 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • 13,692 posts

Posted 06 Aug 2010 - 12:32

gone for fourth..i think without a european distraction we can do it because we always choke in europe and it puts a downer on the place

#7 The Beard

The Beard

Joe Royle

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 06 Aug 2010 - 12:40

I have gone for 7th, in a not so negative way. I think we can hold our own against most of the top teams, through sheer determination, desire and no shortage of quality BUT it all boils down to the finances on offer these days. I know it doesn't work for everyone and for some it takes time but when it comes to the clout that Chelsea, Man City and to some degree Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs have, that will, I believe, be the ace card in keeping them ahead of us. Liverpool's annual dose of luck will probably keep them above us, on yellow card countback or some other crazy rule.

#8 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • 13,692 posts

Posted 06 Aug 2010 - 12:41

I have gone for 7th, in a not so negative way. I think we can hold our own against most of the top teams, through sheer determination, desire and no shortage of quality BUT it all boils down to the finances on offer these days. I know it doesn't work for everyone and for some it takes time but when it comes to the clout that Chelsea, Man City and to some degree Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs have, that will, I believe, be the ace card in keeping them ahead of us. Liverpool's annual dose of luck will probably keep them above us, on yellow card countback or some other crazy rule.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#9 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,482 posts

Posted 06 Aug 2010 - 14:07

I have gone for 7th, in a not so negative way.

I think that's par for the course. On paper, given the resources of the top eight teams that's where we could expect to finish....battling with Villa for 7th/8th. That's where the pundits and experts and bookies think we'll finish.

I just think that as we're starting the season with no injuries, no European distraction, on a high from a decent pre-season and competition for places we'll (once again) over-achieve.

And I think that having a proper home shirt rather than last years embarrassment will be worth an extra five points :P .

If we can stay reasonably clear of injuries and keep Arteta (and to a lesser extent Pienaar) we can beat any of the other top seven home or away.

Seventh is for statasticians, and (in the immortal words of the the Monkees) I'm a believer. :D

#10 iggy

iggy

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 06 Aug 2010 - 14:28

I'm going to wait till the transfer window closes, not only to see if we buy anybody, but also to see if we lose anybody. :(

Same here Bill.......

#11 The Beard

The Beard

Joe Royle

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 06 Aug 2010 - 14:59

Seventh is for statasticians, and (in the immortal words of the the Monkees) I'm a believer. :D

Maybe for once, I will follow them lines and my head says 7th but my heart says 3rd. :D

#12 MatthewT

MatthewT

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 06 Aug 2010 - 15:12

I've gone for third just by the way we finished last season, and we dont have any European distractions this year. Plus, If you can't be optimistic at these kind of things, whats the point?!

Edited by MoyesForPM, 06 Aug 2010 - 15:13.

#13 Blue 250

Blue 250

Bob Latchford

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 06 Aug 2010 - 15:20

We seem to have a lot of forwards....Beckford, Saha, Yakubu, Vaughan and Anichebe, all on their day capable of winning games, so for me our season revolves around......CAHILL!

What's Moyes got in store for him, he hasn't been kept for his basic midfield qualities, he's got to be played up behind a SINGLE striker.

surely some teams Moyes will use two strikers against, that to me would mean dropping Cahill, can he handle the bench or worse(not in the squad)

We need to win games not keep the likes of Cahill happy......(or the likes of Bily, if he(bily)doesn't perform drop him)

With our present squad injury free and with a share of the luck, I recon we can get 4th.

But for me it's Cahill who can make this season special, how he plays, where he plays and which striker he's most effective with.

With everyone fit and staying that will be a hell of a first team....but first game and it's Blackburn....and guess who fat Sam will be getting worked up about.....CAHILL.

ps watch Moyes drop Cahill for the Blackburn game......and make me look a prat :(

#14 Churinga2

Churinga2

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 06 Aug 2010 - 19:23

Same here Bill.......

If we don't loose anyone on transfers, and don't loose half our first team on long term injuries for a change, i think we might get close to 4th..

I'll say fifth then.

#15 Bacon Butty

Bacon Butty

Lee Carsley

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 Aug 2010 - 19:54

I've went for 4th.

#16 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,218 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2010 - 08:45

I went for 5th.

#17 Ian C

Ian C

100% Guaranteed Irish

• Members
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2010 - 09:18

I went for 5th.

Uh oh, Mark's optimistic..... You're going to be unbearable when the inevitable crushing disappointment arrives :lol:

#18 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,218 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2010 - 10:07

Uh oh, Mark's optimistic..... You're going to be unbearable when the inevitable crushing disappointment arrives :lol:

Well we still have Arteta so I have reason to be optimistic. If he leaves then I may just change my mind on that score :P.

#19 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • 13,692 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2010 - 11:45

arteta is worth about 10-15 points a season i would say because of how he can win matches for us and that is a massive amount especially seeing how tight it will probably be from 4th-8th

#20 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,482 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2010 - 11:52

Guy Mowbray on the Premier league on Football Focus...

"We've genuinely got a (top) six and maybe a seven if you put Aston Villa in there..."

Personally think it's a bit harsh of him to leave Liverpool out of it completely :P .

You have to make a joke of it....what I actually thought was, "Wanker, we'll shove that back down your throat." <_<

#21 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • 13,692 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2010 - 11:57

i'm not quite sure how people keep putting villa ahead of us..we finish 5th twice in a row and then they finish above us once now theyre in a top 7..

#22 Kohen

Kohen

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2010 - 11:59

I had a dream last night, that we won and I got a tattoo of Moysies face on my calf!

#23 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,482 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2010 - 12:08

i'm not quite sure how people keep putting villa ahead of us..we finish 5th twice in a row and then they finish above us once now theyre in a top 7..

The bookies all have us either ahead of or equal to Villa in all markets. There are some interesting ones....

Liverpool are no longer in the "big four" according to William Hill http://www.oddscheck...eague/w-o-big-4

And there is now a "big eight" according to a couple of companies http://www.oddscheck...eague/w-o-big-8

Or a "big six" according to Totesport http://www.oddscheck...eague/w-o-big-6

#24 Steve_E

Steve_E

Alex Young

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2010 - 12:31

I've gone for sixth. With us finishing above Villa and Spurs.

Edited by Steve_E, 07 Aug 2010 - 12:33.

#25 StevO

StevO

Blagging on the basis of knowledge

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,035 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2010 - 17:51

The bookies all have us either ahead of or equal to Villa in all markets. There are some interesting ones....

Liverpool are no longer in the "big four" according to William Hill http://www.oddscheck...eague/w-o-big-4

And there is now a "big eight" according to a couple of companies http://www.oddscheck...eague/w-o-big-8

Or a "big six" according to Totesport http://www.oddscheck...eague/w-o-big-6

when exactly did city get into the big 4?

#26 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,482 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2010 - 18:09

when exactly did city get into the big 4?

For the bookies the "big four" or six or eight are just those at the top of the betting I guess, and currently City are fourth favourites at around 5-1 for the title while Liverpool are as high as 16-1.

#27 Bailey

Bailey

Kevin Ratcliffe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,316 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2010 - 18:49

Iv gone for 4th but I honestly believe we can provide a serious-ish title challenge... I dont expect us to win the league, or come 2nd but I think we have enough quality in the squad to mix it with the big boys, as we did in the latter part of last season. It all depends on how consistently we can play at a high level. If we play well one week and rubbish the next, like we did for parts of last season we will probably struggle to make Europe at all, never mind CL.

#28 DonKey

DonKey

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 08 Aug 2010 - 19:03

I had a dream last night, that we won and I got a tattoo of Moysies face on my calf!

If we won the league I'd get a tatoo of Moysies face on my face!!!!

#29 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,218 posts

Posted 08 Aug 2010 - 19:19

If we won the league I'd get a tatoo of Moysies face on my face!!!!

I reckon you should go for a tatt of Moysie's bum on your face :P.

#30 Tricky Trev

Tricky Trev

Alan Ball

• Members
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 08 Aug 2010 - 21:21

In the betting bit in NOWS it says after Liverpools first two games they will find out who is competing with EVERTON for fourth place. I fancy us for 3rd fuck it!

#31 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 09 Aug 2010 - 09:14

Gone with my head and said 5th. Though heart says 4th (if someone else slips up and someone usually does)

#32 Peter H

Peter H

IKEA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 09 Aug 2010 - 10:00

I think 5th aswell, based on Arteta staying, otherwise i would have gone for 6th or 7th. I think we have a great squad, hopefully no big injuries on important players. I dont think we can get 5th if people like Baines, Arteta, Cahill, Felli, Howard etc get injured for longer periods of time.

#33 Lowensda

Lowensda

A force to be reckoned with, I reckon

• Members
  • 14,823 posts

Posted 09 Aug 2010 - 10:35

6th.

Just have a feeling that we'll go the otherway this year, start well and dwindle later on. Of course i hope not! It is a 'Top8' now and i wouldn't be suprised if two of the old 'big4' fell off their high horses. Really looking forward to the new season though, i think this year will be more open than ever and i fucking love it :D

#34 Lowensda

Lowensda

A force to be reckoned with, I reckon

• Members
  • 14,823 posts

Posted 10 Aug 2010 - 15:07

Kopite reckons we could be the dark horses this season, its becoming a common theme of optimism this year...I'm worried!

http://thechelseablo...ten-by-chelsea/

#35 Peter

Peter

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 Aug 2010 - 20:38

I went with fourth. After United, Chelsea and City, I think lacking Europe will be what kicks us on. Villa will be nowhere near last season, the Reds I don't see competing with Poulsen to replace Mascherano. Spurs I think will struggle, don't think they have the same team geling that we have going.

#36 bluenoseyankee

bluenoseyankee

The Love Child of Fellaini's Fro & Pienaar's Cornrow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 11 Aug 2010 - 02:58

3rd. Strongest squad we've had and, finally, a good pre-season.

#37 Guest_Blue4You_*

Guest_Blue4You_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 Aug 2010 - 03:41

I think we can be positive about our prospects this season, and fully believe we can fight for a top 4 place.
Just need the players to believe in themselves.

#38 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,218 posts

Posted 11 Aug 2010 - 10:05

http://www.liverpool...-name_page.html

#39 IrbyJFC

IrbyJFC

Glenn Keeley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 13 Aug 2010 - 00:40

Im going for 3rd also i think there will be a few suprises this year as again i dont think Chelsea or Man U have really improved there squads. Teams just seem to get beat by the name befor they step onto the pitch. I think if we take the game to all teams this year we will do very well.

COYB!

#40 Parapluie

Parapluie

Mick Lyons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 13 Aug 2010 - 02:13

I say 1st because only the best is good enough :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users