• 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th
    • 7th
    • 8th
    • 9th
    • 10th
    • Lower

I have gone for 5th place, i think the usual will be up there, bar liverpool who i think will finish 6th. Man city will get fourth, tottenham with the champions league i think may slip up... All in all if we finished 5th in this league, with the amount of big opposition, i'd be very happy. Obviously champions league would e amazing, although unlike 'arrys tossers we would get someone tough in qualifying,

Young boys v Spurs ... What a joke!

Edited by craigb

I have gone for 7th, in a not so negative way. I think we can hold our own against most of the top teams, through sheer determination, desire and no shortage of quality BUT it all boils down to the finances on offer these days. I know it doesn't work for everyone and for some it takes time but when it comes to the clout that Chelsea, Man City and to some degree Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs have, that will, I believe, be the ace card in keeping them ahead of us. Liverpool's annual dose of luck will probably keep them above us, on yellow card countback or some other crazy rule.

I have gone for 7th, in a not so negative way. I think we can hold our own against most of the top teams, through sheer determination, desire and no shortage of quality BUT it all boils down to the finances on offer these days. I know it doesn't work for everyone and for some it takes time but when it comes to the clout that Chelsea, Man City and to some degree Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs have, that will, I believe, be the ace card in keeping them ahead of us. Liverpool's annual dose of luck will probably keep them above us, on yellow card countback or some other crazy rule.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have gone for 7th, in a not so negative way.

I think that's par for the course. On paper, given the resources of the top eight teams that's where we could expect to finish....battling with Villa for 7th/8th. That's where the pundits and experts and bookies think we'll finish.

I just think that as we're starting the season with no injuries, no European distraction, on a high from a decent pre-season and competition for places we'll (once again) over-achieve.

And I think that having a proper home shirt rather than last years embarrassment will be worth an extra five points :P .

If we can stay reasonably clear of injuries and keep Arteta (and to a lesser extent Pienaar) we can beat any of the other top seven home or away.

Seventh is for statasticians, and (in the immortal words of the the Monkees) I'm a believer. :D

We seem to have a lot of forwards....Beckford, Saha, Yakubu, Vaughan and Anichebe, all on their day capable of winning games, so for me our season revolves around......CAHILL!

What's Moyes got in store for him, he hasn't been kept for his basic midfield qualities, he's got to be played up behind a SINGLE striker.

surely some teams Moyes will use two strikers against, that to me would mean dropping Cahill, can he handle the bench or worse(not in the squad)

We need to win games not keep the likes of Cahill happy......(or the likes of Bily, if he(bily)doesn't perform drop him)

With our present squad injury free and with a share of the luck, I recon we can get 4th.

But for me it's Cahill who can make this season special, how he plays, where he plays and which striker he's most effective with.

With everyone fit and staying that will be a hell of a first team....but first game and it's Blackburn....and guess who fat Sam will be getting worked up about.....CAHILL.

ps watch Moyes drop Cahill for the Blackburn game......and make me look a prat :(

Guy Mowbray on the Premier league on Football Focus...

"We've genuinely got a (top) six and maybe a seven if you put Aston Villa in there..."

Personally think it's a bit harsh of him to leave Liverpool out of it completely :P .

You have to make a joke of it....what I actually thought was, "Wanker, we'll shove that back down your throat." <_<

i'm not quite sure how people keep putting villa ahead of us..we finish 5th twice in a row and then they finish above us once now theyre in a top 7..

The bookies all have us either ahead of or equal to Villa in all markets. There are some interesting ones....

Liverpool are no longer in the "big four" according to William Hill http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/w-o-big-4

And there is now a "big eight" according to a couple of companies http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/w-o-big-8

Or a "big six" according to Totesport http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/w-o-big-6

The bookies all have us either ahead of or equal to Villa in all markets. There are some interesting ones....

Liverpool are no longer in the "big four" according to William Hill http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/w-o-big-4

And there is now a "big eight" according to a couple of companies http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/w-o-big-8

Or a "big six" according to Totesport http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/w-o-big-6

when exactly did city get into the big 4?

when exactly did city get into the big 4?

For the bookies the "big four" or six or eight are just those at the top of the betting I guess, and currently City are fourth favourites at around 5-1 for the title while Liverpool are as high as 16-1.

Iv gone for 4th but I honestly believe we can provide a serious-ish title challenge... I dont expect us to win the league, or come 2nd but I think we have enough quality in the squad to mix it with the big boys, as we did in the latter part of last season. It all depends on how consistently we can play at a high level. If we play well one week and rubbish the next, like we did for parts of last season we will probably struggle to make Europe at all, never mind CL.