86 replies to this topic

#1 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 07:43

Now, its not that he has drunk too much, someone must have spiked his drinks. The sooner we get rid of him the better....

http://news.bbc.co.u...ide/5251518.stm

#2 Adam

Adam

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 08:06

Was just going to say the same thing.

Season starts in less than 2 weeks and he is out drinking when should be looking at getting over his injuries.

#3 FairWooney

FairWooney

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 08:42

exactly what i was thinking.

weather he actually got spiked or not is not the point, if he had any discipline he shouldn't have been out.

he's already said that he's recently got over a drink problem, he's got injury problems and needs to get fit and in good shape for an important season in his career but he's out getting pissed.

idiot!

#4 Rob W

Rob W

Duncan McKenzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 08:44

does seem to becoming a habit, but hes entitled to a night out the same as the rest of us, its the shite fan who spiked his drink that should be condemned.

#5 Zed

Zed

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 08:48

Just because he was out partying does mean he was Drinking

#6 StevO

StevO

Blagging on the basis of knowledge

• Cyber Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,035 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 08:54

i agree, doesn't mean he was drinking. for all we know there may have been other members of the squad there too.

hope he's ok, then start condemming him after the truth comes out

#7 Adam

Adam

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 09:09

The question is will we ever find out the truth.

#8 bluehuddo

bluehuddo

Leighton Baines

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 09:17

It had to happen!! The off season was going to smoothly. Didn't have that Everton feel about it

#9 rowlo-efc

rowlo-efc

Brian Labone - Last of the Corinthians!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 09:42

Look lads - the guy obviously has a drinking problem. The definition of an alcoholic is simple - somebody who allows alcohol to affect their lives more than just financially. i.e. when it costs you more than just money, you have a problem.

It is costing this guy his career. He had a glittering career ahead of him - he was in the national squad, playing for Ajax and then Inter - but this problem has dented his hopes. That makes it worse.

He is a sick individual and probably hates the fact that he drinks - probably doesn;t even like what he is doing to himself (on reflection).

But it is an illness and unfortunately he is the only person that can help! No Doctor can help.

Alcoholism is classed as a three fold illness. 1. physical (it kills you) 2. mental and 3. spiritual.

the third cause is the hardest to overcome. Anybody can have will power to stop them picking up a drink but if they are not happy within themselves, then the drink will flow regardless of the strength of will power.

Its a horrible illness and I just hope, even if he never kicks a ball for Everton again, that he can find the strength to sort himself out (thats assuming he is an alcoholic).

Drinking 2 weeks before the season starts - its disappointing, but having lived with a raving alcolholic, I know what its about and I know that he probably wouldn't have wanted a drink - but he did and thats that.

Live and let live boys - dont be angered. Thats Moyes job.

#10 StevO

StevO

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,035 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 09:48

wise words

#11 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 10:11

View Post

So the fact the one person in the Everton squad who has constant rumours of alcoholism just so happens to be the one with his "drink spiked". Me thinks alcohol is taking its toll on andy and he needed an excuse for how drunk he got....if the story turns out to be true then fair enough but personally I am waiting for the "Andy admitted to clinic" post of the OS.

#12 java2001e

java2001e

Duncan Ferguson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 10:11

"A spokesman for Everton FC said: "I can confirm that Andy van der Meyde spent the night in Arrowe Park hospital after being admitted on Monday morning suffering from illness.

"His progress is currently being monitored by hospital staff.

"The club will be making no further comment on the incident until after Merseyside Police has concluded its ongoing investigation into the circumstances surrounding Andy's admission into hospital."

Van der Meyde, who has been plagued by injuries since joining Everton, was forced to deny rumours he was an alcoholic earlier this year."

lets give him the benefit of the doubt until the police have investigated at least.

#13 thebluenose

thebluenose

ALEX:Immortal Justice Lead Guitarist and backing Vocalist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 10:14

"A spokesman for Everton FC said: "I can confirm that Andy van der Meyde spent the night in Arrowe Park hospital after being admitted on Monday morning suffering from illness.
"His progress is currently being monitored by hospital staff.
"The club will be making no further comment on the incident until after Merseyside Police has concluded its ongoing investigation into the circumstances surrounding Andy's admission into hospital."
Van der Meyde, who has been plagued by injuries since joining Everton, was forced to deny rumours he was an alcoholic earlier this year."

lets give him the benefit of the doubt until the police have investigated at least.

View Post

christ well be here for years. the police are feckin useless cunts.

#14 StevO

StevO

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,035 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 10:16

if he has got this problem then get him to sporting chance and sort himself out, if he can

#15 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 10:41

lol on local news it says "Police are investigating a number of clubs and bars Andy visited that day".....sounds to me he was on an all day bender, the perfect tonic for pre-season fitness.

#16 Adams

Adams

Everton 4 Ever

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 11:08

View Post

i agree, doesn't mean he was drinking. for all we know there may have been other members of the squad there too.

hope he's ok, then start condemming him after the truth comes out

View Post

He must have been drinkin cause on BBC it says: he cliamed "HIS DRINKS"
So he must have been drinking but everyone is entitled to a night out but he should be trying to recover from injury

#17 thebluenose

thebluenose

• Members
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 11:13

maybe he was celebrating his return to fitness. only to be injured with a closed lung

#18 Adams

Adams

Everton 4 Ever

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 11:25

:lol: :lol:

I hope he gets better but seriously its jst one after another now....

#19 Guest_fozzie22_*

Guest_fozzie22_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 11:42

A liabilty who should NEVER have been signed..great move by the ginger man

#20 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,506 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 13:02

How long are you going to put your faith in this man. Some people still think he will be racing down the wing for us this season, theres never been a chance of that happening, ever since he arrived.

He's a waster who has been paid ĢI.5m pounds since he arrived, and given Fook all in return. He went down on bended knee, and pleaded for another chance to stay here, and he has repaid Moysey by doing this.

We still have 3 weeks before the window shuts so lets get a replacement in, and cancel his contract. (nobody will buy him).

I dont want the twat getting another penny out of this Club, so we need to send him packing now, or we will have him till january, and thats another million pounds he'll be able to Piss up against the Wall.........the Bastard. :angry:

Licker.

Edited by toffeelicker, 07 Aug 2006 - 13:04.

#21 Pat

Pat

"Former Coca Cola Yo Yo Championship Runner Up"

• Members
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 13:20

Havent got me head around this 1 yet.

Hearring some pretty conflcitng tales.

Regardless, a concerning situation.

#22 blueinvalencia

blueinvalencia

Joe Parkinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 13:24

Ring,ring,ring,Hello,Hi Andy it's the gaffer,can you come into training early Monday the FA have booked you in for a drugs test
Oh F*ck
What was that Andy
Nothing gaffer no problem see you Monday
Ring Ring
Hello
Hi Rio I've got a bit of a problem...................................................

#23 Pat

Pat

"Former Coca Cola Yo Yo Championship Runner Up"

• Members
  • 7,335 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 13:28

Micky Quinn eluded, hypotheticaly of course something similar on Tsport this morn.

#24 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,218 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 14:38

He must have been drinkin cause on BBC it says: he cliamed "HIS DRINKS"So he must have been drinking but everyone is entitled to a night out but he should be trying to recover from injury

View Post

His drinks does not mean alcoholica drinks does it? He could have been drinking orange juice which is still classed as a drink is it not?

When I heard the news I was pretty pissed off because he's supposed to be injured and yet he's out on the town. he should have been concentrating on getting fit.

#25 Adams

Adams

Everton 4 Ever

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 15:20

His drinks does not mean alcoholica drinks does it? He could have been drinking orange juice which is still classed as a drink is it not?

When I heard the news I was pretty pissed off because he's supposed to be injured and yet he's out on the town. he should have been concentrating on getting fit.

View Post

Ino that but wat are the chances of him been drinking orange on a night out wen hes had problems with alcahol? Not much. He was probaly drinking Alcahol.

#26 Ian

Ian

Monkey Tennis?

• Members
  • 3,933 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 15:30

I couldnt give a flying fuck what he was drinking, he could have been drinking horse piss for all i care what matters is hes gettin paid to do fuck all again, my patience with this lad is wearing out, I like him and hope he EVENTUALLY gets fit but this is all you hear <_<

#27 bluesareus

bluesareus

Tony Hibbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 16:00

If his drink was spiked would'nt he have felt the point of it in his mouth. :lol: :lol: lol

#28 FairWooney

FairWooney

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 16:54

If his drink was spiked would'nt he have felt the point of it in his mouth. :lol:   :lol:   lol

View Post

that'd be James then :rolleyes:

#29 Adams

Adams

Everton 4 Ever

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 21:10

If his drink was spiked would'nt he have felt the point of it in his mouth. :lol:   :lol:   lol

View Post

:lol:

I wonder if they were spiked wat sort of drug was put in it. Hope he gets fit i want to see this lad

#30 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,218 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 21:56

VDM had a respiratory arrest so maybe he was actually spiked

#31 thebluenose

thebluenose

• Members
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2006 - 22:01

iv had that. not nice and i honestly thought i was gonna die

#32 Guest_fozzie22_*

Guest_fozzie22_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 Aug 2006 - 02:42

How long are you going to put your faith in this man. Some people still think he will be racing down the wing for us this season, theres never been a  chance of that happening, ever since he arrived.

He's a waster who has been paid ĢI.5m pounds since he arrived, and given Fook all in return. He went down on bended knee, and pleaded for another chance to stay here, and he has repaid Moysey by doing this.

We still have 3 weeks before the window shuts so lets get a replacement in, and cancel his contract. (nobody will buy him).

I dont want the twat getting another penny out of this Club, so we need to send him packing now, or we will have him till january, and thats another million pounds he'll be able to Piss up against the Wall.........the Bastard.  :angry:

Licker.

View Post

Very wise words..the sooner some people at the club and his "fans" realise he's a wanker the better.

#33 Adam

Adam

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 08 Aug 2006 - 06:44

Was all for giving him another chance to impress this season but it seems that he does not want to take that chance.

Hate to say it but think I have to agree with TL now and need to get a replacement in and end his contract.

#34 Adams

Adams

Everton 4 Ever

• Members
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 08 Aug 2006 - 19:55

Id give him ONE more chance only one

#35 Guest_fozzie22_*

Guest_fozzie22_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 Aug 2006 - 01:22

Id give him ONE more chance only one

View Post

How do you define his chance?

Time to let him go,send him on a boat back to clog land,free becuase NO ONE will buy him.

#36 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 10 Aug 2006 - 11:11

Its official, the d!ck shouldn't even have been out drinking! Get rid of the stupid drunk now, never mind fining hiom terminate his contract. Waste of space!!!

http://www.evertonfc...s-fine-van.html

#37 bluehuddo

bluehuddo

Leighton Baines

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 Aug 2006 - 12:39

Its official, the d!ck shouldn't even have been out drinking!  Get rid of the stupid drunk now, never mind fining hiom terminate his contract.  Waste of space!!!

http://www.evertonfc...s-fine-van.html

View Post

Yep Get rid of him. Can empathise that he may have a 'disease' but he is supposedly a "professional" footballer getting paid shitloads of cash of your money(would be some of mine except to hard from 10000 miles away) to play for Everton., not be out when he should be trying to get fit.

#38 Neil

Neil

Andrei Kanchelskis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 13 Aug 2006 - 09:50

in todays paper moyes says vdm is on his last chance with the club

#39 StevO

StevO

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,035 posts

Posted 13 Aug 2006 - 16:16

its on the OS too.
i thought he looked fit on saturday,but he does need to start earning his wages SOON

#40 thebluenose

thebluenose

• Members
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 13 Aug 2006 - 19:18

did VDM look thin again or did he look overwieght.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users