Would You Take Rooney Back?

Adpom

Would you have Rooney Back  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rooney back?

• Yes
    • No Way
    • Unsure

My question is simple, in any time of the future would you want Rooney to rejoin Everton.

He's been gone a few years now an the dust certainly has settled. We have moved on and he has.

would you accept him back whether its in a year or two or when he's ending his career would you welcome him back or no way you'd take him back.

Perhaps he could never work under Moyes! so in that case I'd say no, because I think we probably need at present moyes more than Rooney.

But on the other hand if he wins a world cup to add to his prem medals and european cup win, and then decides, he has enough money and fame and would like to prove himself back with his first love (Everton).....then I would pray that he and Moyes could get along and it would work out.

Can I see it happening..............No.

He has as much as admitted he is an Evertonian and I feel he has realised how he went about things was wrong. I believe he will one day play for us purely to try and right the wrong. Looking at another 6 years though. I don't think he will be totally forgiven, but I think some fans may understand how young he was and had his head turned. Let's face it, we sold him, we were skint and would have gone under without the money. His behavior against us has left alot to be desired though.

He was in the England team an i can imagine they(Terry,Lampard) stuck there noses in an pushed him to leave, he was a kid an we needed the money.

Also i think we done better without him then we would with him.

it was kinda like the Ronaldo thing today, last week he says he not leaving a week later he gone.

I'll never forgive Newcastle for putting first bid in for Rooney.

I have changed my jobs a few times in the past, and I am still an Everton supporter.

Rooney changed jobs (well perhaps changed Employer would be a better term) That does not mean he stopped being an Everton supporter. He gets more money where he is now, but who in their right mind would turn down more money for doing the same job?

I will always be a Blue, and I expect Rooney will be too.

Would I take him back? I would while he can play well. If he doesn't come back while he can still play then why would we have him back when he is past it?

The answer is YES I would have him back. But I would not want him back as a 40 year old who has left his best days behind him. If he leaves it until then, he will be welcome back but only on the terraces to cheer on his 'beloved' Everton.

He has as much as admitted he is an Evertonian and I feel he has realised how he went about things was wrong. I believe he will one day play for us purely to try and right the wrong. Looking at another 6 years though. I don't think he will be totally forgiven, but I think some fans may understand how young he was and had his head turned. Let's face it, we sold him, we were skint and would have gone under without the money. His behavior against us has left alot to be desired though.

I do belive that he still is an evertonian... at the end of the day, i dont really blame him for trying to progress his career and become the best he could be (remember, we weren't in the position we are now, when we sold him). Whether he'll come back to us.... i don't know.... if he does,,, i just hope it isn't when he's 29-30 and living out his last days, (when he's that ages, he's gonna be fat and slow... sorry but biology, not grievance) but to get him before then, i dont think we'll be able to afford him.. especially as i think that next season we'll see rooney play a more prominent role in manure since ronnie has gone.

nevertheless, of course, i'd take him back, a good player is a good player, and rooney is one of the best in the prem, no matter which way you look at it. however, it ain't gonna happen. sorry!

yes

great player, he did things wrong but i blame his agent as much for turning his head. he's still a blue and even said he's kid will be a blue so he obviously still loves the club and if he wanted to come back and help the club again id have him at a snap

when be kissed his man u badge in front of us at goodison, i vowed then i would never forgive him, no true blue would ever do that.so no i never want to see him play for us again

when be kissed his man u badge in front of us at goodison, i vowed then i would never forgive him, no true blue would ever do that.so no i never want to see him play for us again

rush of blood and he has made mistakes but he did have 40,000 people on his back then but yeah he should handle it better. remember though he isnt ancient still learning and tryin to kerb himself. personally ive forgiven him for leavin as its led to us achieving far greater things

Well 40.000 blues on his back didn't exactly made him feel like part of the gang at that moment :)

Don't know enough about what happened with rooney in the past to judge him on that,

So purely as a footballer I say yes.

In a heartbeat.....

His head would've been turned playing for England with some of the lads who played for 'the big 4', also his agent has a lot to answer for.

Ultimately though, we were able to get a big wedge for him which allowed us to move onward and upward. If he'd have stayed at the time, he could potentially have become an Evertonian version of Matt Le Tissier. Great on his day, but if he didn't turn then neither did the team because he would have dominated so much of our style of play.

Only thing you can say (and the same for Franny Jeffers), is that he didn't go just for money but actually furthered his career quicker than he could have here.

Could get him back (if we can afford him) when Moyes becomes United manager! :ph34r:

Only thing you can say (and the same for Franny Jeffers), is that he didn't go just for money but actually furthered his career quicker than he could have here.

You think Jeffers furthered his career at Arsenal quicker than he could have with us? I wouldn't agree with that when his career nosedived there. He should have stayed with us another couple of years at least before moving.

I agree that Jeffers career didn't exactly take off...

What I meant was that he left because he felt that he stood a chance of winning things there, rather than chasing the Newcastle/Tottenham money. To be fair he wasn't wrong. Didn't he get a Premiership winners medal in 2002?

He was in the England team an i can imagine they(Terry,Lampard) stuck there noses in an pushed him to leave, he was a kid an we needed the money.

Also i think we done better without him then we would with him.

it was kinda like the Ronaldo thing today, last week he says he not leaving a week later he gone.

I'll never forgive Newcastle for putting first bid in for Rooney.

If I remember right, Newcastle never had a chance of signing him, his rat of an agent had links with Newcasatle and influenced the initial bid to draw Man Utd in a year before they were intending to sign him. As much as I hate Newcastle, they prob did us a favour in getting cash in. But yeah, would have him back if he does a little bit more grovelling............

If you judging this on the ability of the player then you are missing the point completly.

If you dont judge this on the ability of the player, i think you miss the point of winning football matches.

so we cant have rooney, i guess we also cant have gerrard as he upsets us sometimes.

he reacted as any young lad would when hes getting shit from people.

i hold no grudge to rooney, the lad has made a good life and a good career for himself.

id rather he stayed, but he didnt, getting wound up about it wont help anybody.

One of the greatest players around and a player that would improve any team. If he was up front alongside the likes of Cahill and Yakubu we could really try and push for a Champions League place. I doubt that he would leave United at the moment - but if he did want to come to Goodison then he would be welcomed. Such a good player that did well for this club.

What I meant was that he left because he felt that he stood a chance of winning things there, rather than chasing the Newcastle/Tottenham money. To be fair he wasn't wrong. Didn't he get a Premiership winners medal in 2002?

Yes he did - he made 29 appearances for them throughout his Gunners career.