IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

He has stated all along about youth development, but he has also stated we need to get 5 or 6 in (or was it 6-7?) but regardless, if 4 of those were going to be youth academy graduates then fine, but say that so the fans aren't so expectant waiting on transfers.

If this is the case though the question has to be asked why there is no money for transfers? The likes of West Ham and Sunderland to name but 2 are spending big and again we are scraping around looking for loans and bargain buys. If we do sign plenty then of course what I've just said is irrelevant but if I'm right, then what the fuck is going on.

Biggest thing for me is he has said we have identified our targets. So why haven't we got any of them?? And before anyone starts with the "we need to get the best deal possible" stuff, well I'm sure the West Broms , Sunderlands, West Hams etc donas well but it's not stopping them is it.

Edited by Paddock

Im pretty sure a number of his early and later interviews mention youth development?

Ye he has mentioned it several times.

I mean due to the lack of transfers I wouldn't mind of he did a Germany and not only blooded a few of them but really gave them a big part to use this season to build for next.

Then use the money to pay of more debt!

I think there's £15-£20m

Yep that 's about the lot I reckon and exactly why the Lukaku deal is a) stalling because we're trying to wrangle it on the drip and b ) nothing else is happening because it can't until we get it straightened out one way or the other. If there is only that amount to spend then something is seriously wrong.

Edited by Paddock

I hope we're still looking to bring in those 6 or 7 new players Martinez first spoke about, rather than lessening it to just these four signings he speaks about.

Edit - On the other hand, we're struggling to get one through the door so maybe four would be a phenomenal achievement.

We've already brought Barry in so it would be 5 incomings. Another central midfielder, a winger and two centre forwards is all we really need imo. Don't see in what other areas we'd bring someone in.

We've already brought Barry in so it would be 5 incomings. Another central midfielder, a winger and two centre forwards is all we really need imo. Don't see in what other areas we'd bring someone in.

I read it as 6 or 7 extra players on top of what we had last season, so Barry wouldn't be an addition would he?

Yep that 's about the lot I reckon and exactly why the Lukaku deal is a) stalling because we're trying to wrangle it on the drip and b ) nothing else is happening because it can't until we get it straightened out one way or the other. If there is only that amount to spend then something is seriously wrong.

Tbh mate, £15m-£20m is probably pushing it. From experience the club doesn't spend anything else but the money brought in from outgoing transfers. The fees we received for Anichebe, Jelavic and Fellaini were all probably in drips and drabs. Therefore the actual cash isn't in the bank.

I think we'd do seriously well to be able to spend that type of money.

Agree with this, positions highlighted are all we need. But we definitely need them! The youngsters can fill the gaps elsewhere.

Tbh mate, £15m-£20m is probably pushing it. From experience the club doesn't spend anything else but the money brought in from outgoing transfers. The fees we received for Anichebe, Jelavic and Fellaini were all probably in drips and drabs. Therefore the actual cash isn't in the bank.

I think we'd do seriously well to be able to spend that type of money.

Which begs the question how are the likes of West Ham and Sunerland who flirted with relegation doing it. The increase in tv money and our higher league standings year in year out means we should at least be able to keep up with them theoretically, eclipse them. I just don't understand why we never seem to be able to have a big window and try and push on.

Sullivan and Gold have always backed their club.

Yes but they don't have an unlimited pot of money, yet they still manage to back the manager. Our tv revenue, gate money and league finishing money is far greater than theirs so to me, it doesn't add up that we never can. It's not even the odd window mate is it it 's been like that for years now

Yes but they don't have an unlimited pot of money, yet they still manage to back the manager. Our tv revenue, gate money and league finishing money is far greater than theirs so to me, it doesn't add up that we never can. It's not even the odd window mate is it it 's been like that for years now

Cause kenwrights a shit. This doesnt make you any less of an evertonian when thinking this way. People need to start realising this cause he's having the pants off the ticket buyer every year.

Why not loan a season ticket for half the cost if that's the principal for players.

You'd be surprised how many games West Ham get on TV. Very very surprised. I don't think we got much more than them last year.

Mc, how many opportunities have we had where we have been on the cusp of breaking top 4. How many times have you looked at it and thought "wow, a couple of big signings here and we could be in with a serious shout"? Again this year, we finished 5th and we have a chance to push on. Teams around us and our direct competition are buying big and more importantly buying nice and early. Before anyone starts saying yer but look where it got Spurs last year or Aest Ham buy loads of players every year and it does them no good, yes they did and do but the point is they are actually buying players. If they buy too much or badly that's there look out but just for once why can't our board back the fucking manager and lets have a crack at it instead of getting loans in last minute and players missing a whole month of games so we can save a few quid? Arguably those players that we do end up getting in, if we took the plunge and got them in early could be the difference between 4th and 5th or 6/7 whatever.

Cause kenwrights a shit. This doesnt make you any less of an evertonian when thinking this way. People need to start realising this cause he's having the pants off the ticket buyer every year.

Why not loan a season ticket for half the cost if that's the principal for players.

I'm not 100% convinced he is you know Brett. I think he's got thd clubs best interest at heart I really do and we could end up a Leeds if he sold out to anyone but it's getting to the point where something has to give as we can't keep treading water every season keeping our fingers crossed the manager will pull a rabbit out the hat again.

Mc, how many opportunities have we had where we have been on the cusp of breaking top 4. How many times have you looked at it and thought "wow, a couple of big signings here and we could be in with a serious shout"? Again this year, we finished 5th and we have a chance to push on. Teams around us and our direct competition are buying big and more importantly buying nice and early. Before anyone starts saying yer but look where it got Spurs last year or Aest Ham buy loads of players every year and it does them no good, yes they did and do but the point is they are actually buying players. If they buy too much or badly that's there look out but just for once why can't our board back the fucking manager and lets have a crack at it instead of getting loans in last minute and players missing a whole month of games so we can save a few quid? Arguably those players that we do end up getting in, if we took the plunge and got them in early could be the difference between 4th and 5th or 6/7 whatever.

Those couple of big signings could well have taken us into the top four and I do believe we are a very small margin away. But..... Those signings could also have taken us the other way. Increased our debt and not taken us into the Champions League, it's a very small margin with massive financial penalties

Edited by MiguelCotto

Those couple of big signings could well have taken us into the top four and I do believe we are a very small margin away. But..... Those signings could also have taken us the other way. Increased our debt and not taken us into the Champions League, it's a very small margin with massive financial penalties

You're spot on but the fact we never do it points to the fact Kenwright doesn't trust his manager and never has. Felliani was 5 years ago (i think) there has been nothing but bargain basement, frees and loans since. If clubs of a lower stature than us can buy players and break transfer records why can't we? It doesn 't matter what spin we put on it the fact is our net spend is virtually zero in the last 8 years yet other clubs spend but still seem healthy. They don 't get bigger gates, more tv money or revenue than us so how can it be? For years now we 've all been saying "yes but look whhere we are compared to them, so spending money isn't everything" and that's very true the evidence is there for all to see but where could we be if we just signed thise 2 world class players we're crying out for?

What we have to accept is those clubs either have wealthy owners who are willing to throw Monopoly money around or they're willing to take greater risks. We could well go out and get a £50m loan but that just will not help in the long term. I'm sure of that.

What people are also forgetting us these big players also demand big wages. Something that we can't afford to expand on the basis of constant CL football.

We have to operate within our limits.

I ain't disagreeing with anything you've said. I'm just looking at the bigger picture. We are what we are. Champions League position will be on merit of hard work and a little bit of luck. Not a 24 man squad full of quality internationals.

Edited by MiguelCotto

I'm not 100% convinced he is you know Brett. I think he's got thd clubs best interest at heart I really do and we could end up a Leeds if he sold out to anyone but it's getting to the point where something has to give as we can't keep treading water every season keeping our fingers crossed the manager will pull a rabbit out the hat again.

Treading water? We set like 500 different team records last season and were a cunt hair away from CL football. You know who has a right to complain? Newcastle. THAT is what "treading water" looks like.

Treading water? We set like 500 different team records last season and were a cunt hair away from CL football. You know who has a right to complain? Newcastle. THAT is what "treading water" looks like.

Yes, treading water !! 5th 6th or 7th every year, year in year out. No trophies, no cl football, scrimping year in year out and not being able to make that push to make it properly. If you're happy with breaking shitty club records that mean fuck all when it comes to the reality of it all then good for you but I want more than that.

So yes, treading water !

Yes, treading water !! 5th 6th or 7th every year, year in year out. No trophies, no cl football, scrimping year in year out and not being able to make that push to make it properly. If you're happy with breaking shitty club records that mean fuck all when it comes to the reality of it all then good for you but I want more than that.

So yes, treading water !

Oh no! It's happening all over again! Oh my god!

Your posts are exactly of the same nature as when a certain MiguelCotto first joined the forum. I thought it earlier today when reading some of your others. This one has nailed it.

I'm not joining in this time. I've learnt to relax! Ha.

Over to you Cotto...sort him out!!!

So yes, treading water !

If you keep breaking club records then eventually you will win trophies.

Last seasons points total was a huge achievement and normally it would be good enough to guarantee CL football, its just our bloody luck that we get that amount of points in a season where it isnt good enough. If we 'tread water' and record that points haul for the next 5 seasons, we will more than likely be playing CL football for at least 3 of those years and have more cash and become more attractive to top players.

Oh no! It's happening all over again! Oh my god!

Your posts are exactly of the same nature as when a certain MiguelCotto first joined the forum. I thought it earlier today when reading some of your others. This one has nailed it.

I'm not joining in this time. I've learnt to relax! Ha.

Over to you Cotto...sort him out!!!

I don 't need anyone to "sort me out" I'm perfectly capable of forming my own opinions and observations. But thank you for your kind offer sir <doffs cap>