IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

I've been frustrated by the lack of bodies coming in all summer but now its done I'm pretty happy. We've not lost top players like every other window I can remember, instead tying most of them down on long term deals. That in itself is a step forward. We've spent £28 million on one of the worlds most promising strikers (who would have believed that statement a couple of months ago? Not me!) We've also brought in one of the alltime greats in Eto'o as his backup & mentor. We've got genuine strength in depth for the first time I can remember & overall a young & exciting squad. Looking forward to seeing how the next few months pan out. COYB's!!!

Overall I think you have to be fairly pleased with the window,we have kept all our big hitters and added Eto'o who I think is going to prove to be a very shrewd signing and we have undoubtedly come out of it stronger than when it started and its not too often we can say that.

I think a lot of the frustration and disappointment is due to two things, firstly Roberto's comments at the end of last season when he said we needed an additional 7 players as that hasn't really materialised and so the squad is still short in certain areas. Then secondly the knee jerk reaction of some supporters to our poor defensive displays in the opening 3 games and to be fair preseason.

I think its far too early to be writing off Jags and Distin and I have every confidence that they will recapture their form. Also if we had brought in another CB I think it would have got in the way of Stonse's development

We will capitulate in the League Cup like we always do and the FA Cup doesn't really get started until after the next window so I feel we have enough to get us through until then at the very least

Agreed. The 7 players comment was a bit sloppy. He clarified to say that meant including signing existing players.

I think we do need more numbers and quality replacements.

We covered now in the forwards but defence and goalie is very threadbare.

I can't stand the thought of Robles and Hibbert getting any playing time.

Agreed. The 7 players comment was a bit sloppy. He clarified to say that meant including signing existing players.

I think we do need more numbers and quality replacements.

We covered now in the forwards but defence and goalie is very threadbare.

I can't stand the thought of Robles and Hibbert getting any playing time.

To be fair, the odds of Howard getting injured are pretty slim. And I'm pretty sure Stones is a decent deputy for Coleman at RB, although I wouldn't want him there if there was a long term injury.