IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Naismith has proved quite clearly that he is most effective in a central role - that is where he can use his intelligence and movement to greater effect.

Out wide he is hard working and thats about it, his final ball isn't the best. The lad will score in and around the box.

Naismith and Kone as back up will do me, one step at a time. And I cant see any striker with a decent rate wanting to come to us to know he will be second fiddle.

the same with a right back, they wont be as good as Coleman, but they need to be better than Hibbert but happy to sit on the bench. Not many of them around.

Out wide he is hard working and thats about it, his final ball isn't the best.

I agree, he will work his socks off out there and you get 110% from him. Although he is supposedly a striker naturally I don't think he is good enough for the prem as one where as out wide he can be effective and work hard.

Behind the striker is where his best position is in my eyes.

If the window closed tomorrow I would have to say I was fairly happy with it but we most definitely do need another striker.

Lukaku looked dead on his feet before he got injured last season and if you add in the extra strain of the World Cup I just don't think he is fit enough to play all season even if he does steer clear of injury. We have spent a lot of money this window to just keep last seasons squad together and so I do feel we could ideally do with bringing in more numbers but if weve blown all our cash now then I wouldn't grumble either

If the window closed tomorrow I would have to say I was fairly happy with it but we most definitely do need another striker.

Lukaku looked dead on his feet before he got injured last season and if you add in the extra strain of the World Cup I just don't think he is fit enough to play all season even if he does steer clear of injury. We have spent a lot of money this window to just keep last seasons squad together and so I do feel we could ideally do with bringing in more numbers but if weve blown all our cash now then I wouldn't grumble either

That's pretty much how I feel I'm desperate for us to bring in another quality player or two but if that's to be it after smashing our transfer record bringing back what's arguably our best player last season in Barry, tying down our quality young players plus Besic and then Galloway and hopefully Henin it's hard to argue against it....BUT .... We're still not really any stronger are we so 2 more one real quality and the other a good squad player I think I'd be absolutely blown away with it.

I'd hate to see Traore come back in. But Bobby did say he was interested in bringing him back!

I wouldn't be overjoyed to see him back but he would be better than nothing and an option to throw on last 20 if we were struggling for a goal.

I want Eto although I won't get it.

I'd hate to see Traore come back in. But Bobby did say he was interested in bringing him back!

How the fuck can anyone pass judgment on a lad who has had 45 mins to prove himself.....(and he scored).... You lot amaze me sometimes. Sometimes I thunk it's cause it's not someone fresh so the novelty has already worn off with this lad.

Edited by Brett Angel

How the fuck can anyone pass judgment on a lad who has had 45 mins to prove himself.....(and he scored).... You lot amaze me sometimes. Sometimes I thunk it's cause it's not someone fresh so the novelty has already worn off with this lad.

He played 63minutes mate the ball was bouncing of his knee, shin and back. He was terrible.

Not this again....

Tell you what, those who can judge a player in 1 game or less, quit your job and go be a professional scout, because those professional scouts spend several games, follow them season after season in some cases, and take an age judging a player. Thats got to be expensive! Not to mention all the staff who cut 90% of youth players for not making the grade. You could save clubs a lot of time and money with your ability to judge the potential and skill in a near-instant...

:dry:

Edited by Matt

Not this again....

Tell you what, those who can judge a player in 1 game or less, quit your job and go be a professional scout, because those professional scouts spend several games, follow them season after season in some cases, and take an age judging a player. Thats got to be expensive! Not to mention all the staff who cut 90% of youth players for not making the grade. You could save clubs a lot of time and money with your ability to judge the potential and skill in a near-instant...

Well said fella!

Not this again....

Sure it's happened plenty of times. Had one look and decided no.

Sure it's happened plenty of times. Had one look and decided no.

I can probably say I haven't written a player off without seeing plenty and plenty of games beforehand, but that doesn't mean I've never said a players had a shit performance.

If people want to say Traore had a poor performance then fair enough, thats open to interpretation. But that is no grounds to write a player off.

Edited by Matt

That's your opinion Matt. I judge the lad on what I've seen and he was awful, nothing like the player I was expecting. Absolutely limited control of the ball, running around like a headless chicken. 6ft 8 and can't get a foot of the ground. Plus he's prone to injury.

I was referring to the fact that there has probably been numerous times when scouts have took one look and not returned.

Guest blueboy122

That's your opinion Matt. I judge the lad on what I've seen and he was awful, nothing like the player I was expecting. Absolutely limited control of the ball, running around like a headless chicken. 6ft 8 and can't get a foot of the ground. Plus he's prone to injury.

I was referring to the fact that there has probably been numerous times when scouts have took one look and not returned.

I saw him play against the shite a few years back and he looked awesome and I was really excited when he came over.

I don't understand how you think he's awful.

His performance may not have been the best but he scored and was his first game in this country. There's a player there trust me.

Watch some youtube videos of him, he's certainly not awful.

I saw him play against the shite a few years back and he looked awesome and I was really excited when he came over.

I don't understand how you think he's awful.

His performance may not have been the best but he scored and was his first game in this country. There's a player there trust me.

Watch some youtube videos of him, he's certainly not awful.

Using you tube to watch a player wont give you a true impression of him. You tube can mate Hibbert look like Messi.

It's probably the worst possible thing you can do to get a view on a player.

Then I am glad you're not a professional scout, the game wouldn't exist as noone would be good enough :D

Fernando Torres cost Chelsea £50 million though :rofl:

Touché :lol:

Raise you Carrol at 35m ;)

Edited by Matt

Guest blueboy122

Using you tube to watch a player wont give you a true impression of him. You tube can mate Hibbert look like Messi.

It's probably the worst possible thing you can do to get a view on a player.

:doh:

Suppose you missed the part where I said I watched him against the shite. Where he looked really good.

I doubt that anyone could put a video together that could make Hibbert look like Messi.

But youtube would be a good place to start for the people who think he's awful".

The clips show he has got something about him and can score goals, run with the ball etc.

Do you know what's even worst when getting an opinion of a player? Watching a player in a different league when the player is half fit and played 60 minutes but scored a goal and then writing him off.

Youtube shows that there is a player in there as he scores in the clips against some good opposition.

:doh:

Suppose you missed the part where I said I watched him against the shite. Where he looked really good.

I doubt that anyone could put a video together that could make Hibbert look like Messi.

But youtube would be a good place to start for the people who think he's awful".

The clips show he has got something about him and can score goals, run with the ball etc.

Do you know what's even worst when getting an opinion of a player? Watching a player in a different league when the player is half fit and played 60 minutes but scored a goal and then writing him off.

Youtube shows that there is a player in there as he scores in the clips against some good opposition.

I'm not disagreeing with you on Traore, I think he deserves a chance. He played 60 mins and scored which is alls he can do really. I happen to think the club are to blame for bringing the lad in when he was quite clearly injured.

Not sure he suits our style of play like but Martinez seems to think he could do a job so fair enough and he would give an extra dimension to us so wouldn't be exactly disappointed if he came again.

Bit back to you tube. Alls you see are snippets of good things players do. Bits of skill, passes, goals etc. it doesn't show you a players all round play.

Using Hibbert to Messi was admittedly a bit extreme but the point I'm making is you tube makes a lot of players look like world beaters when they are far from it.

There is no way we are going to be left with Lukaku as our only striker. Kone is still unfit and Naisy is not a number nine. Im sure we have somebody in mind. On a separate note I cant believe we didn't go for Martin Kelly from the shite. He was talked about as a cert for England a couple of seasons ago. He can play right back and centre half. for £1.5 mill he is a bargain, unless his injury has knackered him

With the shit news Ross is out it highlights how lacking in numbers we are in terms of players slotting in straight away. If we don't get the cheque book out I can see us changing formations quite a lot game by game to soften the blow of Ross's injury. We needed a "number 10" before Ross got injured we definitely need one now. How did we not sign Bojan from Barca? £5 mill fuck me !!!