IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

The centre forward area is the one concern with Kone out, so that is an issue but I don't think it will create too much of an issue if Browning or Stones come in at RB for a game here or there. The worry in that position is if Coleman is out long term. To have the potential to rotate in that many areas though is pretty good all things considered.

I'd be fine with Coleman not starting a game from time to time, that's not gonna derail our season, but that doesn't mean we have his position covered. Rotating is fine and all, but you need people who can genuinely step in when someone gets a long term injury and we don't have those people at centre forward, right back or in goal imo.

I'd be fine with Coleman not starting a game from time to time, that's not gonna derail our season, but that doesn't mean we have his position covered. Rotating is fine and all, but you need people who can genuinely step in when someone gets a long term injury and we don't have those people at centre forward, right back or in goal imo.

True but your not going to want to rotate your back 4 too much anyway. It's a bit different at LB with 3 players involved but you would certainly want and expect Coleman to play the majority of our game fitness permitting.

The jury is still out on Robles but he will more than likely start our cup games regardless of whether we think he is good enough because Bobby does.

Again, I agree up front. Naismith will be ok for a game here or there but you wouldn't want him to start 20 games a season for example.

True but your not going to want to rotate your back 4 too much anyway. It's a bit different at LB with 3 players involved but you would certainly want and expect Coleman to play the majority of our game fitness permitting.

The jury is still out on Robles but he will more than likely start our cup games regardless of whether we think he is good enough because Bobby does.

Again, I agree up front. Naismith will be ok for a game here or there but you wouldn't want him to start 20 games a season for example.

Yeah, I'm not pleading to rotate with Coleman either. I just want someone that can step up if he does get injured. If Hibbert has to start for three months or something like that, than our entire game has to change because he doesn't even come close to replicating what Coleman offers. I don't think we're gonna get anyone for that area btw. We've already committed to Hibbert. Perhaps we might get that Irish lad in, Lenihan.

Yeah, I'm not pleading to rotate with Coleman either. I just want someone that can step up if he does get injured. If Hibbert has to start for three months or something like that, than our entire game has to change because he doesn't even come close to replicating what Coleman offers. I don't think we're gonna get anyone for that area btw. We've already committed to Hibbert. Perhaps we might get that Irish lad in, Lenihan.

Yeh I agree, we would be screwed if that happened! I would defintiely hope to see Stones or Browning in there ahead of him but even they cant offer the levels of Coleman.

We haven't got any loans yet! clubs once they have done their buying then want to offload. I imagine if we are scouting Henen at that age and Besic we are scouting players at all the big clubs.They have huge squads and want to get those players out. Im sure Bobby knows who he wants and is waiting for the green light. A winger either Atsu or Troare from Barca is a must. Aswell as a striker. I would like a pacy forward and a creative number ten.Id play Garbutt and Browning ahead of hibbert. Think weve missed a trick with Bojan though

Latest interview Bobby was asked about a additional striker. He said he's happy with what he's got but will be working right until the end of the transfer window.

Not sure what to make of that tbh.

Probably that he's looking and will add a striker if the deal is right, and if not that he thinks we are well covered. Or strikers are not a priority, hes shopping for other areas but he has a plan in place if he cant get his primary targets and will sort it last minute (if the deal is right).

edit: I'll quote the Echo again, seems my latter statement is closer

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-agree-principle-sign-7600046

Asked on his progress in adding another striker to his squad, the Catalan said he will wait until near the end of the transfer window before making his move.
"We'll take every day we have left in the window just to assess what we have in the squad and I'm happy with what we have," he said.
"I would say we will take right until the last moment."

Edited by Matt

Latest interview Bobby was asked about a additional striker. He said he's happy with what he's got but will be working right until the end of the transfer window.

Not sure what to make of that tbh.

If we sign a striker I think it will be Traore on loan. I would be happy with that to be honest. Get Traore and Atsu on loan and we look to have a good team for Europa and league.

I wouldn't mind Martinez going for someone like Zaha or Hernadez from United. Could potentially get one of them on loan....

Im not watching the Real v Sevilla game but I really rate Bacca and would love him here. I think Bobby is very astute. We have splashed out on Lukaku and if injured we have a crock in Kone and Naismith and Mirrallas as stand ins. A striker to put pressure on Lukaku is what we need. Im sure we have money there if the right player comes up and im sure Bobby will get his man.

Im not watching the Real v Sevilla game but I really rate Bacca and would love him here. I think Bobby is very astute. We have splashed out on Lukaku and if injured we have a crock in Kone and Naismith and Mirrallas as stand ins. A striker to put pressure on Lukaku is what we need. Im sure we have money there if the right player comes up and im sure Bobby will get his man.

Yes Trev, we definitly need another quality striker to keep big Rom on his toes. I doubt he's worried about Kone or Naisy keeping him out the team. Can't afford him thinking he's starting every game no matter how he plays. I'm certain Utd have still got some major business to do & that will have a knock on as to who they let go & to where. Can still see a Cleverley or Zaha loan happening myself. We'll still bring two or three in on loan I'm sure.

Swedish journalists have raised a question in swedens largest silly season blog. Has Everton had the most impressive transfer window so far in the PL? With clever signings and the way they have tied down their stars to long contracts.

Lukaku, Besic, Atsu and Barry. 3 wc players and one very experienced player.

What other PL clubs have done better so far?

Improved Google translation of the blog post.

Chelsea releases World Cup players to Everton

August 9, 2014, at. 13:11 by Per Bohman

Hell yes. Everton continues to impress during the transfer window. Now Roberto Martinez is completing yet another cunning piece of business. Quick, unpredictable Christian Atsu, 22, follows Romelu Lukakus footsteps and leaves Chelsea for Everton. Only this time it's a loan. Atsu spent last season on loan at Dutch Vitesse. The left-footed front runner completed an excellent World Cup for Ghana and is a pure speed player. Roberto Martinez is also about to extend the contract with important inner midfielder James McCarthy. - It would be a reasonable next step, says the manager. Has Everton, so far, had the best transfer window in the Premier League? - with their heavy extensions and exciting new additions? Which clubs are challenging?

*edit. The best part of the original google translation was the first two words. I changed them from "Yes motherfuckers" to "hell yes" The swedish was "ja jävlar" which directly translated would be "yes devils" but is used more like "I´ll be darned"

Loved the "Yes Motherfuckers" tho.

Edited by Peter H

I don't think we will. Said before, if I was a striker I wouldn't sign for Everton knowing Rom is the main man regardless of how good I may be. All the talking up of McAleny and Long, as well as Kone, I don't think he even wants a striker now. Unless Kone has a big set back or Naismith gets injured before the deadline, then I'd expect Traore, or similar quality, on loan.

I don't think we will. Said before, if I was a striker I wouldn't sign for Everton knowing Rom is the main man regardless of how good I may be. All the talking up of McAleny and Long, as well as Kone, I don't think he even wants a striker now. Unless Kone has a big set back or Naismith gets injured before the deadline, then I'd expect Traore, or similar quality, on loan.

Then my answer will be a meh.

can't get my head around that. which transfer window in the past would you prefer over this one? getting jelavic in? or louis saha? bilyatendinov? i like you romey but sometimes you're crazy man.

The question wasn't how it compares to other transfer windows though.

your answer wouldn't be "a very good window" rather than an excellent window?

its been far from average

I suppose it would be that, rather than meh. But goals win games and if our back up to Lukaku is Kone, Naismith, Long and McAleny? Hmm.

Edited by Romey 1878

I suppose it would be that, rather than meh. But goals win games and if our back up to Lukaku is Kone, Naismith, Long and McAleny? Hmm.

Indeed they do but that isn't the sole responsibility of the striker to do that, which is why I don't get the concern of the coverage upfront. We have 3 senior strikers at the moment, 4 if you include Mirallas, for 1 position. Thats good coverage before you include the kids, who I expect to see get some time too.

Moreover, we should be looking for the rest of the team to start chipping in. Barkley needs to step up with more, Mirallas too, if we can get our set pieces right then the DCM and CBs can start adding to the tally.

I'm more concerned about reinforcing the assists than the goalscorer. Winger seems covered, now an RB is all we really "need". Everything else is nice to have.

Edited by Matt

Indeed they do but that isn't the sole responsibility of the striker to do that, which is why I don't get the concern of the coverage upfront. We have 3 senior strikers at the moment, 4 if you include Mirallas, for 1 position. Thats good coverage before you include the kids, who I expect to see get some time too.

Moreover, we should be looking for the rest of the team to start chipping in. Barkley needs to step up with more, Mirallas too, if we can get our set pieces right then the DCM and CBs can start adding to the tally.

I'm more concerned about reinforcing the assists than the goalscorer. Winger seems covered, now an RB is all we really "need". Everything else is nice to have.

I'm just being greedy by trying to cover all bases tbh!

Barkley (and Mirallas) scored a decent amount of goals last season. It's assists where Barkley needs to improve, and massively.

I'm happy with this window so far & obviously pleased we've brought Rom & Barry in permanently. Can't help but think that the squads exactly the same size & quality as last year though with Besic the only real addition. Apart from him & Gerry being swapped for Atsu it's as was. (Galloway & Henen, if that ever happens, being earmarked for the U21's) We've not added the six or seven bodies Bobby said we needed at the start of the summer & if we don't get really lucky with injuries will be in trouble.

We need another striker we really do. Someone like Eto would be ideal. He would bring a wealth of experience be happy to rotate and be an impact player.

Look at it this way, we're drawing 1-1 with Stoke (for example) and Lukakus having a mare, you look at ghe bench with 20 mins to go and you have Kone and Naismith. It hardly fills you with hope does it, where as an Eto (yes he's 30 something and past his prime) would have you thinking he could nab us a goal here with him being a wily ex world class player. Kone, you're just petrified his knees going to break and Naismith?

I don't like talking bad of Naismith I think he's proved us all wrong, but not as an out and out striker more wide or behind the striker for me.

Naismith more wide?? That's where he took all of his criticism. He's most certainly not a wide player mate. Last season. Proved that, he's a lot better through the middle.

Etoo would be ok but he hardly set Chelsea a light last season

Yes, on the left side of the 3 or in Barkeleys position over him playing up front for me.