IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Konoplyanka is available (the chap that Liverpool wanted to sign on January but couldn't get the deal done on time I think). He's good, but he would be expensive and not the type of player Martinez would buy.

Cheeky bid for Ben Arfa, perhaps? This club has a thing about getting players to perform, and a good Ben Arfa is a superb player, even though he would need a couple of months to get back to fitness and some love from the coaching staff.

To be honest AMC is not an easy position to fill in Everton, so let's see what happens. A guy like Kagawa can be useful, but he has been a flop so far for United and I would say Everton is now above their level of play.

Interesting days ahead, maybe a change of formation (4-4-2 two strikers) or Mirallas in the middle can do the trick for a couple of months, the injury for Barkley is a dissapointment though.

Level of play aside, I daresay Kagawa would still be better than any other AMC we have in the squad, including Barkley.

Sure Barkley is a threat with his direct running, but his decision making still leave much to be desired at times.

Level of play aside, I daresay Kagawa would still be better than any other AMC we have in the squad, including Barkley.

Sure Barkley is a threat with his direct running, but his decision making still leave much to be desired at times.

The only way to develop Barkley's decision making is to play him, and Martinez seems very committed to develop him. Kagawa has shown that he can only play at his level in the same role as Barkley, and Barkley will not play MC after signing Besic.

All in all, although we may feel it could be interesting, I don't see it happening. I feel Martinez will go 4-4-2 with a traditional second striker behind Lukaku like he has been doing with Naismith (who, by the way, is thriving in that role at the moment). Mirallas and Eto'o can also do some link-up and movement in the hole, and in two months Barkley will be back.

Another option is to play 4-3-3 with 3 CM (McCarthy, Besic, Barry) and two wide wingers plus Lukaku.

Which Premier League manager, after concluding his transfer dealings for this window, told the BBC that "I like the look of us now and I think we've got a real chances of staying in this division." Is it,

A ) Stevie Bruce

B ) Louis van Gaal

C ) 'Arry Redknapp

D ) Neil Warnock

Edited by Cornish Steve

This was the deadline day I was expecting to be honest as we already had all positions covered. Generally, you want two senior players at all positions and three at centre forward if you play one up top and we have that. I'm not convinced by the quality of the cover at right back, but once we signed Hibbert to a new deal, we probably weren't going to sign another right back.

Howard

(Robles)

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines

(Hibbert Stones Alcaraz Oviedo)

McCarthy Barry

(Gibson Besic)

McGeady Barkley Mirallas

(Atsu Naismith/Osman Pienaar)

Lukaku

(Eto'o/Koné)

People were keen on a new centre back after our bad start, but I'd rather the coaches show confidence in the players we have and go to work with them to sort those issues rather than that we panic buy someone like Shawcross or Vlaar.

Little bit disappointed that we didn't get anyone in. I thought we would have signed someone, a defender would have been nice. I think we will get Cleverley in January for 3-4 million or on a pre-contract. Martinez and Cleverley have both made it clear they want to work together again and Everton is his preferred choice. Only way we wouldn't get him is if QPR came in with a ridiculous amount of wage for him.

Overall I think Everton have done well in the summer transfer window. We look good in attack, central midfield is sorted and have a good winger who has pace. Only problem I have is defence, Jags hasn't looked up to it in the 3 games so far. He looks tired and no pace. Distin looks okay but even he hasn't has the best I'd starts. It would have been nice to get one defender in.

Anyway the transfer window has passed and the international break is coming up. Let's get our players back, nice and refreshed and ready for the WBA game. COYB