IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Naismith more wide?? That's where he took all of his criticism. He's most certainly not a wide player mate. Last season. Proved that, he's a lot better through the middle.

Etoo would be ok but he hardly set Chelsea a light last season

Agree, Naismith second striker almost like a shadow striker, his runs and timing are best perfect and he is actually a tidy finisher!! I wouldn't want Eto, seems a bit of a dick to me

Hi Toffeetalk,

I'm an Everton fan from down under and new to the site.

Shattering news about Barkley. Given our needs (even more so now) in this area, I'd be really keen for the club to go hard at Clement Grenier. Apparently (haven't verified) left out of Lyon's squad and available for 7.5m. Looks to be a top quality talent from what I've seen.

As far as the backup striker, does anyone think there's any chance of getting Lacina Traore back from Monaco on deadline day? If Falcao doesn't end up moving that is.

It's fairly obvious that we do need more options up top.

The injury to Ross is a huge blow, but Mirallas, Naismith & Pienaar should be able to do a job in behind the front man until he's available.

IMO still need a back up sticker. If Lukaku gets injured we would be in real trouble.

Off topic, lets hope the back four tighten up a bit. The players we have available are much more capable than the performance against LC.

All up though a decent transfer window.

There are many available targets on the cheap at this stage of the window. Shame they do not fit on RM's usual transfer policy, as some of them could address our needs. One offensive player should be the priority after the unexpected long injury of Ross.

Players publicly made available:

Nastasic (Good CB, Pellegrini prefers Demichelis and Boyata),

Alex Song (Barça want to get rid of him for as little as 8M. He was the only unused sub yesterday at the Joan Gamper (Barça's tournament) and today the sporting director said they're trying to find him a new club.),

Sami Khedira (He's literally being forced out of the club. With Alonso, Modric, Kroos, Illarramendi, (Di María?) and James Rodríguez competing for three spots in midfield, his unwillingness to renew his contract has left the club no option but to shop him around.),

Toby Alderweireld (Unhappy with his role in the squad, he is not even in the bench tonight. The club would accept a loan and a transfer on the cheap, they have his replacement already in the club Gimenez),

Saul Ñiguez (Young promising player, last season he had a great season at Rayo Vallecano. He does not fit into Simeone's plans, and he is looking for a club. Atlético are reluctant to let him leave permanently.)

I'm confident Roberto will go back into the market at least for a couple of good loans, the squad can use a couple of bodies more!

Nastasic - Juventus look most likely for his signature

Alex Song - Don't want him.

Sami Khedira - Verge of joining an English club apparently

Toby Alderweireld - Should have joined us last year! Would still take him.

Saul Ñiguez - Great shout, would take him at Everton.

Edited by tenaciousj

The point is, at this stage of the transfer window, the big clubs already did all their signings but they could not offload players. Roberto should be aware now that it is the right time to do cheap signings and not only loans. I'm quite sure there are big teams with great players that for different reasons (contract renewals, playing time, club policy) do not fit in the club. As an example I quoted five that are widely known, but there should be plenty. Some teams already made their move (i.e.: Sevilla signed Banega and Deulofeu, Milan went to buy Diego Lopez, etc.) but other good players are still up for grabs.

Unfortunately I believe only a couple of loans will be added.

The point is, at this stage of the transfer window, the big clubs already did all their signings but they could not offload players. Roberto should be aware now that it is the right time to do cheap signings and not only loans. I'm quite sure there are big teams with great players that for different reasons (contract renewals, playing time, club policy) do not fit in the club. As an example I quoted five that are widely known, but there should be plenty. Some teams already made their move (i.e.: Sevilla signed Banega and Deulofeu, Milan went to buy Diego Lopez, etc.) but other good players are still up for grabs.

I agree mate, now is a pretty good time to source.

Edited by tenaciousj

Nastasic - Juventus look most likely for his signature

Alex Song - Don't want him.

Sami Khedira - Verge of joining an English club apparently

Toby Alderweireld - Should have joined us last year! Would still take him.

Saul Ñiguez - Great shout, would take him at Everton.

agreed

Khedira is way above our pay grade though. United would do well to sign him alongside Herrara.

Great point, another reason why there was no need to panic so much throughout the window. Loans or not, there will be bodies coming in, at least 2 I reckon

I'm still underwhelmed tbh and hoping deadline day changes that.

It's not the 6-7 we were promised we're really only Eto and Besic up but it could have been worse I suppose. I think it's just the fact that we've actually got a back up striker why I'm so elated but I can see why you're underwhelmed if I'm being totally honest.

elaborate

Lukaku and Barry were already here, so while they're good signings they haven't actually improved things. I wasn't overly impressed with Atsu at the World Cup so I couldn't really get excited about him signing. I wasn't keen on signing Eto'o. Galloway isn't for now. Besic I'm very happy about.

As Paddock says, it's not as many as we probably needed either. So I'm hoping Eto'o isn't the last signing.

Lukaku and Barry were already here, so while they're good signings they haven't actually improved things. I wasn't overly impressed with Atsu at the World Cup so I couldn't really get excited about him signing. I wasn't keen on signing Eto'o. Galloway isn't for now. Besic I'm very happy about.

As Paddock says, it's not as many as we probably needed either. So I'm hoping Eto'o isn't the last signing.

Agreed here. I really think we need a few more bodies to come in to handle the extra matches. Heck, our squad is a tad thin even if we weren't competing in Europe. Wonder what Martinez thinks after evaluating some of the young players?

How many more bodies are we actually allowed to register under PL rules?

Tim Howard (1), Joel Robles (2), Seamus Coleman (3), Tony Hibbert (4), Phil Jagielka (5), Sylvain Distin (6), Antolin Alcaraz (7), Leighton Baines (8), Bryan Oviedo (9), James McCarthy (10), Gareth Barry (11), Muhamed Besic (12), Darron Gibson (13), Leon Osman (14), Steven Naismith (15), Kevin Mirallas (16), Steven Pienaar (17), Aiden McGeady (18), Christian Atsu (19), Samuel Eto'o (20), Arouna Koné (21). If we want to play them at any point this season, Shane Duffy (22) and Conor McAleny (23) will need to be registered as well. So we could register two more and as we have just 14 non-homegrown players (and you're allowed 17) they don't have to be homegrown.

We do need to remember that we will have to register Ross and Rom (and Garbutt) from next year onwards though. Stones won't have to be registered until 16-17.

Edited by Steve_E

I still think we will get two more players if we sell anyone and just one if we don't. A creative midfielder is a must, and im surprised Roberto hasn't been linked with a Spanish midfielder who is good on the ball and can find that killer pass. I wouldn't mind us going for Powell at United

I still think we will get two more players if we sell anyone and just one if we don't. A creative midfielder is a must, and im surprised Roberto hasn't been linked with a Spanish midfielder who is good on the ball and can find that killer pass. I wouldn't mind us going for Powell at United

Konoplyanka is available (the chap that Liverpool wanted to sign on January but couldn't get the deal done on time I think). He's good, but he would be expensive and not the type of player Martinez would buy.

Cheeky bid for Ben Arfa, perhaps? This club has a thing about getting players to perform, and a good Ben Arfa is a superb player, even though he would need a couple of months to get back to fitness and some love from the coaching staff.

To be honest AMC is not an easy position to fill in Everton, so let's see what happens. A guy like Kagawa can be useful, but he has been a flop so far for United and I would say Everton is now above their level of play.

Interesting days ahead, maybe a change of formation (4-4-2 two strikers) or Mirallas in the middle can do the trick for a couple of months, the injury for Barkley is a dissapointment though.

I've just read that Mirallas only has 2yrs left on his contract - something could happen in the next week with him. Ideally for me, he'll sign a new deal but I haven't seen any mention. His value will rocket down now with such a short contract - would £15m to use on say 2 players now be the best thing to do? He'll be worth £8m max next summer if there's no new contract.

I've just read that Mirallas only has 2yrs left on his contract - something could happen in the next week with him. Ideally for me, he'll sign a new deal but I haven't seen any mention. His value will rocket down now with such a short contract - would £15m to use on say 2 players now be the best thing to do? He'll be worth £8m max next summer if there's no new contract.

I think he is too valuable to the squad to sell and wouldn't be surprised to see him get a new contract anytime this season.