IGNORED

Spurs

markjazzbassist

firstly lads and lasses, I hope I am not breaking any of your rules

http://www.thfclatest.com/2014/11/29/spurs-v-everton-preview-prediction/

Is there an Everton equivalent of our game tomorrow, please?

No problem, just shifted you to the match day thread :).

Nice to see you have your own conspiracy theory going, they're the lifeblood of a football forum :lol:.

We have no equivalent preview here I'm afraid, but I'm sure some of the other Everton site will have one.

If I were playing both they'd be reversed. Really don't think I'd be playing two LBs against Spurs though. They need to be got at, defence is very suspect. Pienaar first choice, then even Eto'o or McGeady. Keep their wide players occupied and we'll do well.

Can't believe Barry is back in contention, pretty sure that tackle would have shattered my ankle, the man is a machine.

Why would pienaar be first choice. He is the slowest midfielder when we play counterattacking. Baines is are best attacking left footer but will also clearly cover garbutt all day long.

Guest millwallforever

My prediction for today: Tottenham-Everton 1-4

When was the last time we thoroughly battered a respectable top division team away from home? Must have been decades ago. The last away from home battering that I can recall was back in 1988 when we defeated Sheffield Wesdnesday 4-0 in an FA-Cup replay.

Blimey, it was 5-0:

Edited by millwallforever

When was the last time we thoroughly battered a respectable top division team away from home? Must have been decades ago. The last away from home battering that I can recall was back in 1988 when we trashed Sheffield Wesdnesday 4-0 in an FA-Cup replay.

Looking at the Premier league era, we won 4-0 at West Ham in 99/00, 5-2 at Sheffield Wednesday 95/96 and 5-2 at Man City in 92/93. Biggest since those is the odd 3-0.

(That's just league games)

Guest millwallforever

Thanks for the data. I had forgotten about all these. The Man City game I think was on the last day of the season, with little to play for. The same may have applied to the 5-2 win against Sheffield Wednesday.

Looking at the Premier league era, we won 4-0 at West Ham in 99/00, 5-2 at Sheffield Wednesday 95/96 and 5-2 at Man City in 92/93. Biggest since those is the odd 3-0.

(That's just league games)

A good line up but with Besic the only one sitting it would massively restrict Coleman and Baines getting forwardand on top of that Mirallas and McGeady will be pushing higher up the pitch. The two full backs wont be in the attacking phases at all. But maybe its the best we have. Wouldnt like to see Osman sat along side Besic against spurs.

Got a feeling its going to be a high scoring game might stick a tenner on over 4.5 goals!

No it wouldn't though! why do people still listen to the shite that wing backs can't push on without two sitters.... It's complete bollocks. Two of the best full backs in history (Cafu & Carlos) still got forward with one anchorman. It never hurt them! If you listened to most Evertonians it's as though attacking fullbacks only came into the game through Coleman & Baines.

Edited by MC11

Guest millwallforever

No it wouldn't though! why do people still listen to the shite that wing backs can't push on without two sitters.... It's complete bollocks. Two of the best full backs in history still got forward with one anchorman. It never hurt them!

What you say is correct per se, but Chelsea frequently employ two defensive midfielders and their full backs are nowhere as daring as ours.

What you say is correct per se, but Chelsea frequently employ two defensive midfielders and their full backs are nowhere as daring as ours.

I'm not saying it's bad to have two sitting midfielders. I'm saying having one doesn't mean the fullbacks can't go forward.

Guest millwallforever

I'm not saying it's bad to have two sitting midfielders. I'm saying having one doesn't mean the fullbacks can't go forward.

I think - not 100% sure - Bayern employed only one defensive midfielder against Hertha yesterday. So, yes, it is possible.

Guest rusty747

Loving that starting eleven. Feel sorry for Nais but if Barkley has another off day Nais for Barkley with all 3 attacking mids rotating positions. There will be goals in this game.

NSNO

Sin Miedo

Edited by rusty747

Guest millwallforever

Jesus! That is some line-up:

Howard, Baines, Jagielka ©, Distin, Coleman, Barry, Besic, Eto'o, Barkley, Mirallas, Lukaku

4-2-1-3?

4-2-3-1?

4-2-4?

4-6?

6-4?

Really strong XI, my one concern is that we don't really have anyone that can change the game if we fall behind (hope we just thump them). I guess Osman/Peanuts/McGeady would be our best bet there. Lets just go and get the win here and continue our great form!

Thinking exactly the same! We need to go a few goals up early on!

Jesus! That is some line-up:

Howard, Baines, Jagielka ©, Distin, Coleman, Barry, Besic, Eto'o, Barkley, Mirallas, Lukaku

4-2-1-3? 4-2-3-1? 4-2-4? 4-6? 6-4?

Howard

Coleman jags distinct baines

Barkley Barry besic mirallas

Lukaku eto'o

Possibly, Barkley playing narrow and Barry covering for Coleman to get forward.

Guest rusty747

Each time I read our starting eleven I come over all peculiar. I can't remember the last time I approached what should be a tricky away game with so much confidence and expectation.

On the other hand, this is Everton, so ...............

Guest millwallforever

I'd love to see us do to them what Suarez did to them the previous season. I have the feeling that one of our players is going to have a real blast today, possibly Lukaku.

Swap Barkley with Eto'o and it's much better.