IGNORED

Troy Deeney

Guest rusty747

Not sure how I feel about this. We really need to attract bigger names and better players, but to do that we need European football and Deeney just might help us push on after January to achieve that.

If the price was right, why not?

Not sure how I feel about this. We really need to attract bigger names and better players, but to do that we need European football and Deeney just might help us push on after January to achieve that.

If the price was right, why not?

They turned down a £30M bid for him from Leicester in the last window so I very much doubt the price will be right

Guest rusty747

He'd be a great option at £10m but we'd have to pay £30m so not a chance!

Like I said, a decent buy. If the price is right. A lot of things could affect the price between now and January.

He's fucking not dreadful. 13 goals and 8 assists in the PL is one proof, another is that other clubs are willing to shell out massive amounts of money and third is Watford still wouldn't sell. But I guess he isn't some exciting johnny foreigner people have never seen play so he must be shite.

He's fucking not dreadful. 13 goals and 8 assists in the PL is one proof, another is that other clubs are willing to shell out massive amounts of money and third is Watford still wouldn't sell. But I guess he isn't some exciting johnny foreigner people have never seen play so he must be shite.

It's got fuck all to do with him not being a foreigner. See there you go again being a pretentious prick insinuating I only like players who are foreign and I've never watched.

Why don't you grt to fuck with your know it all self important "my opinion is always right" attitude Makis, you're always at it. He's fucking dreadful IMO and that is my fucking opinion which I'm entitled to and he is not the type of player a club looking to break top 4 should be looking to buy.

13 goals and 8 assists! Whoop de fucking doo, how many of those were pens? He's a bang average championship striker for me and fuck all you can say will change my mind.

If there's one pretentious dick here it's you. You think you know players better than people who actually get their living out of it. You think you look smart saying this and that and almost every player is shite when in fact it's the opposite. It makes you look a right tosser.

As for those thirteen goals, there were only seven players in the PL who scored more and not that many who made more assists either. Plus he's their captain.

Me, I think Watford needs him more than us and that's why he is valued so highly. And he's 28 so his value is now as high as it gets.

If there's one pretentious dick here it's you. You think you know players better than people who actually get their living out of it. You think you look smart saying this and that and almost every player is shite when in fact it's the opposite. It makes you look a right tosser.

As for those thirteen goals, there were only seven players in the PL who scored more and not that many who made more assists either. Plus he's their captain.

Me, I think Watford needs him more than us and that's why he is valued so highly. And he's 28 so his value is now as high as it gets.

:rofl:

Crack onchamp. You're anabsolute divvy..

I'll donate £100 to TT if you can find any post of mine where I've accused another poster of knowing nothing because I've disagreed with their assessment of a player, where as you'd need a second fucking mortgage.

People have opinions, they are allowed to think differently to others and just because they do doesn't mean they want an unknown foreigner that they've never seen play. To suggest they do shows your arrogance and your stupidity.

Kindly fuck off eh lad, you're a narrow minded tool who thinks anyone with a different opinion to yourself is a retard.

No, I think you are obnoxious because you say players are shite. That's not even discussion, it's basically saying "I don't like this player even though I have no f**ng clue". It also looks like you only rate players in two categories: shite or great when the truth is there are not many Championship level players who are key players in their teams in the PL. That's like saying those teams are Championship level. Watford finished 10th - above us - so is half the Premier League Championship level? Or how come Watfore finished that high up if their team is so shite?

I happen to trust people and their judgement who are on top of the game more. Would you have signed Vardy or is he also a Championship player? We are not going to beat other teams by spending more, Moshiri or no Moshiri. It's about getting the RIGHT personnel, not the best.

No, I think you are obnoxious because you say players are shite. That's not even discussion, it's basically saying "I don't like this player even though I have no f**ng clue". It also looks like you only rate players in two categories: shite or great when the truth is there are not many Championship level players who are key players in their teams in the PL. That's like saying those teams are Championship level. Watford finished 10th - above us - so is half the Premier League Championship level? Or how come Watfore finished that high up if their team is so shite?

I happen to trust people and their judgement who are on top of the game more. Would you have signed Vardy or is he also a Championship player? We are not going to beat other teams by spending more, Moshiri or no Moshiri. It's about getting the RIGHT personnel, not the best.

Everton have a history (as most clubs do) of signing shite. Niasse being the latest example, remember Souness buying an alleged George Weirs cousin for Southampton so no professionals jusgement isn't always right!

And there you go again telling me how I rate players because you know me well don't you. You're a prissy pretentious fool Makis, you take everything written as literal, whether that's a language barrier thing I don't know so I'll explain it for you.

MY OPINION is Deeney is shite, he's better than me obviously but as a first class premier league centre forward (which is what we should be looking for) never in a million years is he good enough. He's a good standard championship striker (again that's MY OPINION) you can think diffrrent if you like, that's your rite, but when I have an opinion don't fucking diss it with comments like I'd prefer a foreign no mark striker who I'd never heard of because I don't think like that at all. Please point me to any of my posts where I have said anything remotely like that?

I don't want Deeney because I don't think he is good enough for what we are trying to achieve, he's a good championship striker but a shite top premier league striker and that's not even taking in to account the price they want.

I rate players in all different ways, not in two catergories but again you know me better than myself quite clearly. Pm me with what I want for my tea tonight, save me having to think about it.

Cheers ?

I put a poll in the general sports section, go answer that. I diss the use of the word "shite" because Deeney clearly is anything but. Only Kane, Vardy, Aguero, Lukaku, Mahrez, Giroud, Ighalo and Defoe scored more. And out of those only Mahrez and Vardy had more assists. So if Deeney is a Championship player you must think there are just a few non-Championship level forwards in the Premier League which is utterly ridiculous. If you disagree with this, list the PL level forwards playing in PL. This is also because Deeney does more than just score and assist goals. He is their captain and is a big influence on and off the pitch.

Everyone makes mistakes in their jobs. Well, maybe you are the one exception but I know I have done them and will do them in the future. That doesn't mean that some random punter who has used a computer can tell me how to do my job. This is more or less the situation here. You have seen some matches but unless you have played or managed at a relatively high level you know very little. As do I, but at least I can admit it.

I put a poll in the general sports section, go answer that. I diss the use of the word "shite" because Deeney clearly is anything but. Only Kane, Vardy, Aguero, Lukaku, Mahrez, Giroud, Ighalo and Defoe scored more. And out of those only Mahrez and Vardy had more assists. So if Deeney is a Championship player you must think there are just a few non-Championship level forwards in the Premier League which is utterly ridiculous. If you disagree with this, list the PL level forwards playing in PL. This is also because Deeney does more than just score and assist goals. He is their captain and is a big influence on and off the pitch.

Everyone makes mistakes in their jobs. Well, maybe you are the one exception but I know I have done them and will do them in the future. That doesn't mean that some random punter who has used a computer can tell me how to do my job. This is more or less the situation here. You have seen some matches but unless you have played or managed at a relatively high level you know very little. As do I, but at least I can admit it.

I'm not arsed about your poll Makis, I couldn't give any less of a fuck about your shitty pointless poll if I tried, because at the end of the day it's just peoples opinions and they differ and always will so the differing opinions mean jack shit to mine.

Deeney is a sub standard premier league striker in my opinion and nothing you or a poll onthe internet can say will make me change my mind. You still haven't answered how many of his 13 goals were pens. Personally I can't be arsed looking because I don't need to. I've watched him enough times to know I don't rate him, and I think he is nowhere near the standard we need to get us to top 4. If he's so good why haven't a Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, City or Utd come calling? I'll tell you why because he isn't good enough to play for a top 6 side but despite all this you're still missing my initial point....

You posted that I'd prefer a foreign named nobody who I'd never heard of and I've asked you multiple times to back this comment up with evidence of why I would. You have based that comment on me thinking Deeney is shite. You can disagree all you like with me but don't come out with sweeping, arrogant and stupid statements about me on what I would and would want at Everton.

There are some good comments on that thread you should check out. And he scored six penalties.

Leicester, you know, the team that a champions and did so by doing shrewd business bid for him. He chose to sign a new contract when Watford turned down a 30 million offer. You are basically saying that both Leicester and Watford backroom staff know f*k all. Or alternatively you think 30 million is the going rate for shite forwards.