IGNORED

The Blue Union respond

Ian C

While the board have done some good for the club, as has been highlighted, right now they are in serious danger of undermining all that with their complete and utter incompetence. That is where the problem lies.

BK especially is in danger of leaving the club (eventually) with a lot of bad feeling from some sections, when he should have been able to leave with universal respect from Evertonians for getting us out of Johnson's hands. When he goes we're looking like being in a worse financial position than when he came in (more debt, selling off assets bla bla bla) and because of that by the time we're sold we may be in the exact same position on the field as well - i.e. scrambling around at the bottom of the table, having to sell our better players.

This is my gripe. I don't think I'm being overly dramatic or pessimistic and ignoring the good like Haf's been accused of. I hope not anyway, it's as balanced as I can get with such an emotive issue.

Do you mean the Blue Union minibus in the corner of the car park?

Seriously though I would have to agree with you

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad thing is, if they acted a bit more professional about everything, they would get far more support and much more respect from people, whilst a member of FB pages i tried to tell them, but they think that only they know the best way to handle everything, and don't seem to want to entertain criticism even when its constructive doh.gif

Cut back all the crap. and obfuscation - it's a business (so we're told). As a business it's performing very badly.

It's BK's job to ensure the long term future of Everton, above and beyond 'success' - the company / club MUST survive.

He's not doing a very good job of that - and the entire board can be held accountable for it, not just BK.

Now, Everton are not alone in this - it would be (probably) unfair to claim Everton are particularly bad. I don't believe they are. I DO believe that most clubs are bad at it.

IF, and it's a huge IF, BK's genuine desire is to see Everton's long term future in the best shape, he has to (if necessary) put aside ALL of his own interests.

The question at Everton seems not to be 'is BK all Everton at heart?' - I think the majority believe he is.

The question is:

If BK has weaknesses as a businessman, is he capable and/or prepared to acknowledge them and defer to more capable people?

If YES, then why has he not done so? - one must assume (based on his own words) that he's the best man for the job. I find that rather akin to most drivers telling Lewis Hamilton they could give him a run for their money. Deluded.

If NO, then already he's not the man since he is incapable of seeing his own weaknesses.

There are many who will say the club has moved forwards - well yes it has, since it's ridden on the tidal wave of PL and SKY. Grounds have improved (via governmental mandate!),

There are many who will say the club has spent prudently - I would have to agree with this. For such a large club, Everton have been 'tight' with their money, and spent (generally) wisely.

There are many who will say Everton's league position has been consistently good - Have to agree with that, top 5-8 finishes pretty consistently in recent years

Sadly the above 3 points not only highlight the 'success' BK has had (in partnership with Moyes), but they also beg the question "How the hell can the club STILL be in trouble?".

It's very difficult indeed to see where the money's disappearing to (or why it's not arriving in the first place).

I think this is the ultimate issue with BK and co. HOW on earth can a club like Everton (we're not talking Blackburn or Bolton here, but EVERTON!!!), who aren't spending, aren't tossing money around, are getting fine gates etc be in the mess it's in?

The answer is clear - you need only listen to BK for 20 minutes when he's talking business (and not his love for the club). He's like a rabbit in the headlights.

Lovers of the club are the worst men to run it.

It's like operating on your own child - totally understandable, but madness.

I love Wrighty .I also like Saint Bill but it's the same answers. I know a lot of you are going to say "same answers because there's nothing more to add " but even as a fan who isn't as clued up as a lot of you , I'm struggling to accept there isn't anymore to add. No updates on the "3 or 4" interested parties including Jain . I'm sure at least one board member can contribute more than "expertise" ,even though Bill tried to say they didn't have any dough ,listen carefully.

I WANT TO BE WRONG!!!

That little beauty by one of the BU skin head thickos usually counters some apologist nonsense -

http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/11-12/comment/editorial/18130.html

"UFO's", "Loch Ness", "Big Foot"? More like "Pigs might fly", "lotta mess" and "Big Foot in It" - which would describe Kewnrights tenure.

I do not want a billionaire to splurge £100's of millions, I want owners to clear debt, give us an infrastructure in order to grow commercially and end up creating more revenue - be organic if you like. As opposed to this rudderless ship that we are sailing on at the moment.

If the Blue Union are a Fortress Fund - a means to end (remember that one? - one of Rossies PR beauties) then I will be made up. I support Everton, not a chairman, a manager, or indeed a movement - that very movement can vanish into thin air once the clowns are out.

http://www.keioc.net/index.php?mact=News%2Ccntnt01%2Cdetail%2C0&cntnt01articleid=369&cntnt01returnid=15

Another good article

Edited by Hafnia

That little beauty by one of the BU skin head thickos usually counters some apologist nonsense -

http://www.toffeeweb...rial/18130.html

"UFO's", "Loch Ness", "Big Foot"? More like "Pigs might fly", "lotta mess" and "Big Foot in It" - which would describe Kewnrights tenure.

I do not want a billionaire to splurge £100's of millions, I want owners to clear debt, give us an infrastructure in order to grow commercially and end up creating more revenue - be organic if you like. As opposed to this rudderless ship that we are sailing on at the moment.

If the Blue Union are a Fortress Fund - a means to end (remember that one? - one of Rossies PR beauties) then I will be made up. I support Everton, not a chairman, a manager, or indeed a movement - that very movement can vanish into thin air once the clowns are out.

http://www.keioc.net...nt01returnid=15

Another good article

rofl.gif Brilliant, I knew you wouldnt disappoint

From the KEIOC piece...

"Bill Kenwright suddenly wants to talk to everyone..."

How does that stack up with the well-worn and oft trotted out over the years "truism" that he only ever appears when things are going wellhuh.png ?

As ever....the man can't win.

And...

"...he made the most outrageous allegation of the day to Ian Wright on Absolute Radio where he claims that there’s a three hour tape recording of a meeting with Bill Kenwright on the Internet."

There's a transcript on the internet (which is plainly what Bill was referring to)....what's the difference? It's not an outrageous allegation, it's a fact.

Expected better from KEIOC tbh.

http://www.toffeeweb...rial/18130.html

http://www.keioc.net...nt01returnid=15

Another good article

Your starting to sound like a character from a Monty Python sketch

marketing+vs+politics.png

With the club is long-term financial plight Everton supporters are planning a further protest march ahead of this Saturday's game against Wolves. Ignored by the local press the heartbeat of a great club are demanding to be heard.

This Saturday thousands of Everton supporters are taking part in a demonstration march ahead of the Wolves game in a bid to air their grievances at the running of their football club. It will be the second such protest and is again organised by the fan’s pressure group the Blue Union.

Stopped reading after reading these bits.

by an article that declares 250 people a heartbeat?! Errrr, no thanks. Maybe later, ive had trouble sleeping of late.

I think many fans like yourself who follow the current regime with blind faith do their best to ignore comments that are hard to disagree with but go against their heart.

It's not about supporting the B.U - I personally can't stand some of the comments made on facebook etc. It's the fact that they are the only ones out there who are bringing focus to an incompetent regime.

http://www.sabotaget...ll-everton-now/

The comments are interesting to say the least.

So it is that on Saturday a multitude of loyal supporters, who do indeed deserve better, will convene at Spellow Lane Council Field at half past one. They will march down Langham Street then up Spellow Lane until they reach Goodison Park. Once there they will disperse in the interests of public safety

Lol Comedy genius!

Read it three times and I still cant find the bit were it blows my comments out of the water

I think many fans like yourself who follow the current regime with blind faith do their best to ignore comments that are hard to disagree with but go against their heart.

It's not about supporting the B.U - I personally can't stand some of the comments made on facebook etc. It's the fact that they are the only ones out there who are bringing focus to an incompetent regime.

Regime?! Always makes me laugh. Like the BBC news reporting a dictator.....

I dont follow with blind faith and I dont ignore comments contrary to my belief/opinion, if I did I wouldnt be able to see the mistakes they have made, which Ive recognized and commented on more times that I care to count. My problem is that articles like this lose all credibility when they start out self-righteous and inaccurate - like most of the BU/TPG crap that is spouted

The only focus they are bringing is a negative one for all involved - they are an embarrassment.

So it is that on Saturday a multitude of loyal supporters, who do indeed deserve better, will convene at Spellow Lane Council Field at half past one. They will march down Langham Street then up Spellow Lane until they reach Goodison Park. Once there they will disperse in the interests of public safety

Lol Comedy genius!

Read it three times and I still cant find the bit were it blows my comments out of the water

Simon CurrieJohn - Do you have a say in how Asda, Sainsburys or wherever else you shop, are run? Then why do you think you should have a say in how another business is run? What business acumen do you bring to the table then? One of BU's main members is barely out of nappies, what is he going to bring to a business debate?

fennyall the supermarkets named above are run PROPERLY and make massive profits year after year so your point is irrelevent,if i dont like asda i will shop elsewhere wtf can i do with regard to everton the club i have loved all my life, what do you suggest??? i buy a season ticket elsewhere and never set foot in goodison again?? no chance id rather stop watching football full stop, i dont see the problem with our protest, last time we were singing everton songs outside the main stand and it carried on into the ground if anything the atmosphere in the ground was improved , so whats the problem???? why not have an anti-protest protest you clown, saying that you wont be able to you will be too busy clapping bill kenwright with his puppy dog eyes when he appears on the big screen, dont get me wrong i like bill he like us loves the club, but he is hopeless at running it FACT, he couldnt even explain where 25 million pounds had gone in 'other' expenses, when we are 45 million in debt (reportedly) he should know, i for one will be there at the protest and i for one will then be cheering on the team to 3 points after it

11:21 pm, 18-Nov-2011

Simon CurrieDixie - I have spent 1000s upon 1000s on this club but at the end of the day i dont own it, i simply 'support' it. Its not my money than runs it, its not my money that pays the players wages and nor is it any of the 'supporters' money. The club have said its up for sale, can you or BU claim with any proof its not? What right do the BU have to advise anyone? They are liars to the very fans you claim they are trying to help, why would anyone support a cunt organisation like this who have brought nothing but grief and shame to the table. They say the want a interim board, would you let someone sell your house on your behalf? No, neither would i yet you expect sensible sane fans to support this weird idea. They are a disgrace to the club and its fans

fennypeople do let people sell their houses on their behalf they are called estate agents, blue union acknowledge the club is for sale but feel the club is possibly overpriced and possible incompetance on behalf of the board is blocking the sale, by blue union protesting i feel they are not hurting the club, but getting some media coverage to aid in the sale, 2 years from now when we are in the championship will people still say blue union were wrong???? the way things are going thats where we are heading. Who is next to go Coleman??,or maybe Rodwell now he has impressed for england??, Will Moyes see the Arteta money in January??? we can only wait and see but i wont be holding my breath

EricSimon, you say "Dixie - How much have you or any of the BU invested in Everton Shares?" BU members DO hold shares in the Club but Kenwright and the board have silenced the shareholders by banning AGMs.

Simon CurrieEric - Why were they banned? Its coveniantly forgotten why when someone brings this up. The club were forced into it by idiots asking the same question over and over

Tom HughesAGM's were stopped because the board had long since lost the support of the shareholders. That is why KEIOC (shareholders) had no problem in gaining enough support to call EGM's. The board were humiliated in these when they couldn't answer questions about the multiple lies and failures from kings dock to destination kirkby and all the mishaps in between..... which you conveniently forget about. This club is at one of the lowest points in its history, has been run into the ground and is no longer sustainable. The current incumbents have invested and delivered nothing during their tenure....... the fans have been the main contributors throughout. Now many are voting with their feet..... some will only realise/accept our stagnated state when it's too late. Well done the BU.... true Evertonians with the courage of their convictions.

Regime?! Always makes me laugh. Like the BBC news reporting a dictator.....

I dont follow with blind faith and I dont ignore comments contrary to my belief/opinion, if I did I wouldnt be able to see the mistakes they have made, which Ive recognized and commented on more times that I care to count. My problem is that articles like this lose all credibility when they start out self-righteous and inaccurate - like most of the BU/TPG crap that is spouted

The only focus they are bringing is a negative one for all involved - they are an embarrassment.

Would you sooner have an embarrassing Chairman and board who have made numerous embarrassing gaffs, mistakes, quotes or an embarrassing group of fans trying to hasten their exit?

I know what I would sooner have - once the board have gone you will not need to worry about the B.U so really their aim is indirectly your aim - everyones happy!

Cut back all the crap. and obfuscation - it's a business (so we're told). As a business it's performing very badly.

It's BK's job to ensure the long term future of Everton, above and beyond 'success' - the company / club MUST survive.

He's not doing a very good job of that - and the entire board can be held accountable for it, not just BK.

Now, Everton are not alone in this - it would be (probably) unfair to claim Everton are particularly bad. I don't believe they are. I DO believe that most clubs are bad at it.

IF, and it's a huge IF, BK's genuine desire is to see Everton's long term future in the best shape, he has to (if necessary) put aside ALL of his own interests.

The question at Everton seems not to be 'is BK all Everton at heart?' - I think the majority believe he is.

The question is:

If BK has weaknesses as a businessman, is he capable and/or prepared to acknowledge them and defer to more capable people?

If YES, then why has he not done so? - one must assume (based on his own words) that he's the best man for the job. I find that rather akin to most drivers telling Lewis Hamilton they could give him a run for their money. Deluded.

If NO, then already he's not the man since he is incapable of seeing his own weaknesses.

There are many who will say the club has moved forwards - well yes it has, since it's ridden on the tidal wave of PL and SKY. Grounds have improved (via governmental mandate!),

There are many who will say the club has spent prudently - I would have to agree with this. For such a large club, Everton have been 'tight' with their money, and spent (generally) wisely.

There are many who will say Everton's league position has been consistently good - Have to agree with that, top 5-8 finishes pretty consistently in recent years

Sadly the above 3 points not only highlight the 'success' BK has had (in partnership with Moyes), but they also beg the question "How the hell can the club STILL be in trouble?".

It's very difficult indeed to see where the money's disappearing to (or why it's not arriving in the first place).

I think this is the ultimate issue with BK and co. HOW on earth can a club like Everton (we're not talking Blackburn or Bolton here, but EVERTON!!!), who aren't spending, aren't tossing money around, are getting fine gates etc be in the mess it's in?

The answer is clear - you need only listen to BK for 20 minutes when he's talking business (and not his love for the club). He's like a rabbit in the headlights.

Lovers of the club are the worst men to run it.

It's like operating on your own child - totally understandable, but madness.

THIS!!!!

for a city fan you talk sense sometimes leggit.gif

but seriously, i agree completely

THIS!!!!

for a city fan you talk sense sometimes leggit.gif

but seriously, i agree completely

Totally agree myself - unfortunately bogged down in other posts highlighting the unfortunate need to have a embarrassing group of knuckleheads to bring shame on the club. Loads of it is embarrassing but unfortunately neccessary, they are trying to make Bill walk the plank and it doesn't sit well with people who credit him with more than he deserves in order to atone for his errors.

Let's be honest the sensible me would write something along those lines thast he did eloquently, but you end up getting dragged into a bun fight, where facts are ignored, excuses offered etc etc.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if many of the B.U members hate what they are having to resort to - some I agree just love a moan and may never be happy. It is very much a case of two boxers doing their best before a fight to bring a bit of publicity and interest.

I think Bluesky is well equipped to have an opinion on this matter - he has no emotive interest in the club or Bill and co, and indeed can reflect on Man Citiy's own journey to where they are now to understand what makes a well functioned club (swales, Francis lee, Shinawatra etc) I believe the B.U transcript gave him all he needed to put 2+2 together when looking at the chairman and Evertons performance.

In all honesty Bill isn't going to regain any lost support by staying any longer- if anything fans will continue to vote with their feet. I know a good number of apathetic fans which is quite horrible to see, they switch off and go and play golf or do things with their family on a saturday, but when you have seen them attend games home and away, cry at losing and be overjoyed at winning you know how bad it is. A couple do actually hate Moyes brand of football as much as they can't tolerate kenwright, but they understand that his credit runs high and deserves the opportunity to evolve using funds and a steady squad.

Totally agree myself - unfortunately bogged down in other posts highlighting the unfortunate need to have a embarrassing group of knuckleheads to bring shame on the club. Loads of it is embarrassing but unfortunately neccessary, they are trying to make Bill walk the plank and it doesn't sit well with people who credit him with more than he deserves in order to atone for his errors.

Let's be honest the sensible me would write something along those lines thast he did eloquently, but you end up getting dragged into a bun fight, where facts are ignored, excuses offered etc etc.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if many of the B.U members hate what they are having to resort to - some I agree just love a moan and may never be happy. It is very much a case of two boxers doing their best before a fight to bring a bit of publicity and interest.

I think Bluesky is well equipped to have an opinion on this matter - he has no emotive interest in the club or Bill and co, and indeed can reflect on Man Citiy's own journey to where they are now to understand what makes a well functioned club (swales, Francis lee, Shinawatra etc) I believe the B.U transcript gave him all he needed to put 2+2 together when looking at the chairman and Evertons performance.

In all honesty Bill isn't going to regain any lost support by staying any longer- if anything fans will continue to vote with their feet. I know a good number of apathetic fans which is quite horrible to see, they switch off and go and play golf or do things with their family on a saturday, but when you have seen them attend games home and away, cry at losing and be overjoyed at winning you know how bad it is. A couple do actually hate Moyes brand of football as much as they can't tolerate kenwright, but they understand that his credit runs high and deserves the opportunity to evolve using funds and a steady squad.

doh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gif

Oh my giddy aunt!

ok, ive enjoyed this thread as much as anyone, but haf, matt & dunc, are you still enjoying it? not feel the need to agree to disagree yet?

I'll post when the next press releases make it relevant to. I've kindly added enough threads, facts, reasons to try and change the biggest Billy fan