IGNORED

Artur Boruc

Only knowledge of him is through FM (so not much haha) but must surely be a step up from Mucha so would be pretty pleased if this was true, especially as he's a free agent.

Imagine how bad things could get if Howard somehow got injured and we only had Mucha to fall back on...

Don't worry Jags will fill in before Mucha.

I'd actually love it if Boruc was here, when I was younger I was quite a big follower of Celtic and that was when Boruc was their Number 1, he's only been in controversy because of his passion for the club he plays for and not for the reasons that Balotelli/Barton end up in the newspapers.

I remember he caused controversy for celebrating in front of the Inverness fans (behind his goal) when Celtic won the league but IMO that's a good thing, passion is what makes players loved at clubs.

I like Mucha and always want him to do well but I have to admit he looks shakey in places, I'd say bringing in Boruc would be a good thing especially for free.

Bring the Holy Goalie to Goodison! Great keeper as long as his head is in it. The best one-on-one goalkeeper I have ever seen, great shot stopper and good at saving and scoring penalties (scored one in a cup match for Celtic with the outside of his foot, into the top corner). He is fecking nuts though

Edited by ToffeeBhoy

You are tested differently as a goalkeeper in Scotland - your concentration is tested. Can you be out of the action for large chunks of the game and still perform when called upon?

His credentials are all there, including playing in the last 16 of the CL twice where he saved a penalty and keept a clean sheet against Man Utd. also keeping clean sheets against the likes of AC Milan. Good goalie, wouldnt let us down

You are tested differently as a goalkeeper in Scotland - your concentration is tested. Can you be out of the action for large chunks of the game and still perform when called upon?

As long as we continue playing like we did against Manure and Villa this is key. Also speaking of maintaining concentration while not being involved - I think the reason why De Gea looked so damn good against us was because he was tested often and was involved in the play early. Not sure if he's the best fit for United given that he will rarely be tested so often.

Jagielka (I didn't know about this) J mentioned it earlier;

In a home match against Arsenal on 30 December 2006, due to a thigh injury to starting goalkeeper Paddy Kenny and with his side 1–0 up, Jagielka was forced to play in goal for the remainder of the match. Arsenal were kept at bay for the remaining thirty-four minutes and Jagielka's late save from Robin van Persie secured the 1–0 victory.[14] His ability to deputise in goal meant that Neil Warnock was able to – and usually did – do without a substitute goalkeeper on the bench in order to give himself more tactical options (League rules then limited the number of substitutes to 5).

Jan Mucha is not good enough for the Premier League but I think it's a bit harsh the way that some people are speaking of him. He did well for Slovakia when they played in the World Cup and in a European league he'd probably do alright, just because he can't cut it in England dosen't mean he's total wank.

Jan Mucha is not good enough for the Premier League but I think it's a bit harsh the way that some people are speaking of him. He did well for Slovakia when they played in the World Cup and in a European league he'd probably do alright, just because he can't cut it in England dosen't mean he's total wank.

I'm sorry but shots are shots, aerial balls are aerial balls, decision making is decision making no matter what league you're in. He's shown he's not very good and being in a different league wouldn't change that.

• 2 weeks later...